Chit Chat

Super Bowl

Re: Super Bowl

• I can't stand the Pats.  Hate them with every fiber of my body.    So by default I will route for the Seahawks.

But honestly I don't really care this year.  We are having people over and I plan on drinking a little and eating.    DH is cooking his amazing chicken parm made with burrata.  It's so amazing it's ruined me for chicken parm anywhere else.       He is also making his spinach/artichoke dip which is my favorite anywhere too.  He only cooks those items once or twice a year at hooe, so it's like a special occasion for me.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • jenna8984 said:
    MagicInk said:
    I generally just pick whoever I think is the underdog (based on my limited football knowledge) and root for them. Honestly, I don't see either team as underdogs, so I don't know who to root for.

And their uniforms are similar enough that I can't pick based on who has the better outfit either. 

Would've been awesome if the Cardinals had made it. 

So you'll clearly have to go with who has the hotter wife. We win.
    Lol Russel Wilson isn't married. Or he's in the process of divorce. 

Winning on technicality ;)

I have no dogs in this fight, I'm a fucking Bears fan. FML.

•  
    ETA:  And hating on certain players is all part of football.  There is a lot of hate for former player Ray Lewis or current player Terrell Suggs, but I am not questioning why people hate on them.  I can see it from an outsiders perspective as to why they may not be well liked.  I am certainly not wondering "why all the hate?"  It is expected.
    I responded before your edit but yeah I can see why someone like KG (when he was on the celtics) wouldn't be well liked- huge trash talker and aggressive. I honestly don't get the Brady hate, and even though I don't like Lewis or Suggs I don't wish them broken bones or anything. People go nuts with their hate for the Patriots- they have pulled the fire alarms in the middle of the night at their hotel for three nights in a row- making them get out of bed and evacuate in the middle of the night. The hate for him is just so over the top.
    Well that, I will admit, is over the top.  I may talk shit but that is just childish and stupid.
    That has happened to most teams at some point.  It happened to the Eagles when they played in Dallas this season.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • amelisha said:
    PUPPY BOWL. That's all that matters on TV this weekend.

I can muster up a bit of enthusiasm for hockey, but football is too much. There's just so much...standing around. I just can't even pretend to be interested. Fortunately, for FI if it's not the NHL it's utterly irrelevant, so I won't have to sit through it. Football isn't huge in my circle at all though - I've never even heard of someone having a Super Bowl party or anything.
    Yes!!!!  That is my favorite part about Super Bowl Sunday.  I mean, even the commercials aren't all that special because they show the majority of them before hand now.

• People are always going to hate on their rival teams, or players they think are tools. I mean, does anyone actually like Tony Romo? 

I'm a Giants fan, and I love love love Eli Manning. I'm also a Yankee fan, and I love Derek Jeter. Fans have been hating on them for YEARS. That's part of being a fan. I'm not going to get all butt hurt because someone hates Eli Manning. 
  • People are always going to hate on their rival teams, or players they think are tools. I mean, does anyone actually like Tony Romo? 

I'm a Giants fan, and I love love love Eli Manning. I'm also a Yankee fan, and I love Derek Jeter. Fans have been hating on them for YEARS. That's part of being a fan. I'm not going to get all butt hurt because someone hates Eli Manning. 
    This has been my point all along.

• kat1114kat1114 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    MagicInk said:
    All the puppies are up for adoption via our humane society post-puppy bowl.

I've been making big eyes at Wifey about getting one....come on...a puppy who played in the puppy bowl!!! And needs a good home!!!!

You can also go to the Puppy Bowl Cafe this week downtown and visit the puppies!

And this week you can also request an Uber car to bring you a puppy bowl puppy to play with for 15 minutes. It's $30, but all the money goes to the Humane Society.

ETF because words are hard before coffee.

• People are always going to hate on their rival teams, or players they think are tools. I mean, does anyone actually like Tony Romo

I'm an Eagle fan, so no I don't like Romo.  Oddly, I don't mind Manning.  Sure I route against him, but I don't have the same strong dislike as I have with Romo or Brady.     

Brady and his wife come across as smug.   They try and act "normal", but they ALWAYS get it wrong.  Especially Giselle.   She has made so pretty insensitive remarks about BFing and stuff.  I'm for BFing, but there are people who truly can not BF and her remarks once again came across as an elitist and smug.  

Brady is whiny, then Giselle jumps in on Twitter to his defense.   IDK, both of them just bug me.  

• As another PHX local, I have to comment on the blimps. They are all taking off from the airport I work at and they are loud as shit. Who knew blimps were loud??

• lyndausvi said:
    People are always going to hate on their rival teams, or players they think are tools. I mean, does anyone actually like Tony Romo

I'm an Eagle fan, so no I don't like Romo.  Oddly, I don't mind Manning.  Sure I route against him, but I don't have the same strong dislike as I have with Romo or Brady.     

Brady and his wife come across as smug.   They try and act "normal", but they ALWAYS get it wrong.  Especially Giselle.   She has made so pretty insensitive remarks about BFing and stuff.  I'm for BFing, but there are people who truly can not BF and her remarks once again came across as an elitist and smug.  

Brady is whiny, then Giselle jumps in on Twitter to his defense.   IDK, both of them just bug me.  
    YES. Remember when she said, (and I'm paraphrasing here) "He can't throw the ball AND catch it." Ugh STFU. 

Obviously I'm biased, but IMO Eli Manning doesn't come off as a pompous douche bag. 
  • kat1114kat1114 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    YES. Remember when she said, (and I'm paraphrasing here) "He can't throw the ball AND catch it." Ugh STFU. 

Obviously I'm biased, but IMO Eli Manning doesn't come off as a pompous douche bag. 
    I have no problem with Eli now, but the only reason I still kind of don't like him was his draft day. He acted like such a spoiled baby when he was drafted by the Chargers. Dude, you're the #1 pick of the NFL draft, you're about to get the payday of your life, and you can't even muster an iota of legitimate excitement?

But agreed that Tom Brady comes off as a pompous d-bag.

ET cut down on quote boxes.
  • lyndausvi said:
    People are always going to hate on their rival teams, or players they think are tools. I mean, does anyone actually like Tony Romo

Neither of the Mannings are douche bags. I've even met their dad Archie.   Nice stand-up guy too.   I've met Drew Brees, great guy also.  

I've met a lot of players over the years actually.  I can only think of 2 that were total douche bags. 

• As another PHX local, I have to comment on the blimps. They are all taking off from the airport I work at and they are loud as shit. Who knew blimps were loud??

I lived near the Goodyear Blimb hanger back in the 80's in Houston.  Every night we would hear it coming over our house.

again, not butt hurt about it. Just honestly asking why people seem to hate him so much. I think of Brady kind of like Jeter- but Boston has like a begrudging respect for Jeter. The things Maggie was talking about was all personality traits- not like I hate him because he is my rival. So thats what I was asking about- I honestly dont get the hate for him as a person. If its because hes good than that makes sense but people think he is douche bag and I just dont get that.  Just like you don't think Eli comes off as pompeous, I honestly don't think Brady does. But yeah, probably biased. Not upset about it though, just dont get the "hope he breaks his legs" hate.

• flantasticflantastic member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015

Do you pick Bill Belichick or Pete Carroll in the totally unlikable Super Bowl? (clicky)

This link made me laugh.

Seriously though, I watch the Super Bowl every year. This year may be the first where I hate everyone and just shouldn't.

I think it'll have to be rooting for the Seahawks, despite my Notre Dame-rooted hatred of Pete Carroll, because it would go against everything I am to pick Belichick for anything. I've been a Colts fan for longer.

again, not butt hurt about it. Just honestly asking why people seem to hate him so much. I think of Brady kind of like Jeter- but Boston has like a begrudging respect for Jeter. The things Maggie was talking about was all personality traits- not like I hate him because he is my rival. So thats what I was asking about- I honestly dont get the hate for him as a person. If its because hes good than that makes sense but people think he is douche bag and I just dont get that.  Just like you don't think Eli comes off as pompeous, I honestly don't think Brady does. But yeah, probably biased. Not upset about it though, just dont get the "hope he breaks his legs" hate.
    Same here I really am curious ....

Anniversary

Again, I only hate on the things he does when he is on the football field, you know as a football player.  And to me he comes off whiny and kind of a douche.  I am allowed to that opinion just like you are allowed to think he is wonderful.

Again, I only hate on the things he does when he is on the football field, you know as a football player.  And to me he comes off whiny and kind of a douche.  I am allowed to that opinion just like you are allowed to think he is wonderful.

People are always going to hate on their rival teams, or players they think are tools. I mean, does anyone actually like Tony Romo? 

For sure- I just don't get it- that's all I was saying.

• I hate that I am forced to root for the Pats but my Niners love will not let me root for the Seahawks.  I wish both teams could lose. The only reason I will be watching the game is to see if any of my Super Bowl squares will win me money.
  • I don't follow football closely. I really only watch it if someone else has it on or the super bowl (which I won't watching this year, cause we'll be in Disney)

But, given where I've gone to school, where I live, and the fact that my step-dad usually has better sales if the Eagles or Ravens do well, I am obligated to cheer for the demise of the Patriots. 

Besides. Giselle throws the BEST hissy fits when they lose.

Anniversary
  • jenna8984 said:

I am disliking all this hatred toward me team and my beatuiful Tom Brady. lol

It's ok, everyone hates winners. I used to hate Peyton Manning for always beating us, and I hate Lebron James for always beating us. But you have to admit he gets admiration for not being a sell out. When everyone else is jumping around teams trying to make more money, Tom has said 100 times that he built this team and he will never leave it for more money. He has actually taken cuts to get receivers that he wanted.

Girl, yes. All this. 
  • I hate the Pats. I'd rather see Seattle win.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards