Wedding Woes

Wednesday stuff

2»

Re: Wednesday stuff

• Pretty sure that your BIL and SIL shouldn't be judging anyone for anything...ever. 
  • Yes, probably too much information.:) Ha. I also loved how the ol' doc threw out the "H" word. That would be no, I plan on keeping all of my parts, tyvm. I need all of my parts, yo. I still have some good eggs up in there.:)
  • Yes, probably too much information.:) Ha. I also loved how the ol' doc threw out the "H" word. That would be no, I plan on keeping all of my parts, tyvm. I need all of my parts, yo. I still have some good eggs up in there.:)
    I was just going to say, my mom ended up having a hysterectomy for her fibroids when I was in college.  I've never had any issues so I figured I was probably out of the woods; now I'm thinking maybe not?

NOLA, you are a living PSA.  :)
  • I have them. Unfortunately, when you are my age they don't want to do anything because they think you'll want to get pregnant. I'm done. No more up this place. Hang the cobwebs and put out the no vacancy sign. My periods are long, heavy, and miserable. They won't consider a hysterectomy for me, and my doctor is hesitant to do an ablation because she doesn't think they are big enough/or in a spot conducive to them.

NOLA, I feel you girl.
  • edited January 2015
    Ok. Why don't more women talk about this? Meg, how does it work when you're pregnant and have them? She said that you can have a healthy pregnancy and have fibroids, but my mind thinks they must take up a lot of space, yo. Anyway, my periods aren't horrible. I have one VERY heavy day and then normal the rest of the days. I just know that they can get pretty big. They aren't that big at the moment.
  • NOLA, I have apparently probably had them for a while but nothing was ever said to me when I was pregnant with DS. In between, I ended up having an ultrasound due to my IUD issues and that's when they said something. I saw the GYN and she basically said there was nothing to worry about. But that was mostly due to the location of mine. If yours are inside the uterine cavity (almost like a polyp) then it can be a problem. With DD they monitored them and they grew, but they never were an issue where they restricted her growth. My doctor said that after having DD they probably wouldn't shrink too much (due to age, etc.) and I'm pretty sure that's what happened because my periods are worse now.
  • Thanks, Meg. Good info. I'm going on Monday for another ultrasound to find out more detailed placement and see if it's a polyp. She didn't think it was.
  • @NOLA -I had a fibroid removed during my laparoscopic surgery for removing my ovarian cysts/tumor. I didn't know it was there until post-op. (The doctor told me that if he saw anything else when he was removing the cyst, that he would "fix it" - excess scar tissue from my c-section, additional cysts/etc. He ended up removing the cyst/tumor as planned, a cyst from my other ovary, and the fibroid.) If yours are on the external wall, and they can do something laparoscopic, the recovery isn't too bad. (Maybe a week - and most of that is pain due to trapped gas.)  

I can't speak to pregnancy with fibroids - Wolverine was about 1.5 when I had the surgery.
    I've heard they can cause issues and discomfort, so I hope you can get everything taken care of easily.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards