Chit Chat
Options

It's Friday!

2»

Re: It's Friday!

• Options
    Going to a (fake-ish) bridal shower. She already got married but is having a DW-PPD in a few weeks. I did not know that she was already married until I had already RSVPed and purchased presents for this shower-ish and flight and hotel for the DW-PPD. So you can probably guess how I feel about that whole situation.

That's about it. My life is boring :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Tomorrow I gotta bring more wood in and go to tractor supply to get some sawdust bricks so I can dry out the actual firewood.

I'm gonna play DA:I and write some shit too.

Sunday, we are being conscripted to see some of FI's friend's family and I am going to go along for solidarity with my friend because she should not have to suffer alone.

I might also say fuck that and tell her to come hang out here with me so we can shit-talk and not be stuck there.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    As every weekend DH is working.  He is pretty busy also, which is good but odd.  He was told he would only do 10 dinners a night this time of year.  Tonight they are expecting 35.   Good they like him, but bad because he has to work later.

I'm just going to cook some dinner, watch some stupid TV, maybe drink some beer and knot.

Tomorrow we are going skiing.  Then I'm going to clean for Sunday.

Sunday - DH shut the restaurant down because of Super Bowl.  We are having everyone come over here.  DH  and his chef friends are doing all the cooking.   I get to sit back and chill.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    mrsk616 said:
    not much. Step son is coming over so it will probably be spent watching him play video games. (so annoying) 

so i might break out the crocheting and work on finishing a blanket i started in Nov of 2013 and read as i do not do video games AT ALL. so much for working on the house this weekend. guess water in the basement is not important. 
    You seem very unhappy.

As for me, I'm flying back home tomorrow and I can't wait.  Cannot.  Wait.  The weather in LA was nice but this week has been so exhausting.  If Fi is feeling up to it (he's kinda sick), we have a friend's bday party in NYC that night.

Then on Sunday we're going to FPILs' house for the game.  They want us to come early because they "want to talk to us about the wedding without the other siblings there."  So obviously they want to be involved, but this could run the gamut from "Here's some money!  Go have fun!" to "Please invite this list of 85 people, kthx."  I am expecting something in between those two extremes.  We have plenty of venue capacity but not much money to invite some of their extended family, so I'm cool with them adding people within reason if they want to chip in.  Otherwise, we can afford X number of people, sorry Charlie.

I'm just looking forward to sleeping in my own bed with Fi and my cats.  And seeing my sister and her sweet crazy little dog.  I miss my family!
    basement was suppose to be done this weekend but i just give up on the house ever being done. 
  • Options
    Noooo!  The hot water tank isn't working at home.  I'm not on the lease, hopefully they can get somebody out tonight before FI leaves for 10 days in the morning.  

• Options
    Some of the dresses I ordered on Sunday/Monday came in and fi got them from the leasing office for me (packages are delivered and held in the leading office for residents to pick up), and he then took over cooking dinner while I got gussied up. After we ate dinner, we went down the street to our wedding venue to have dessert and drinks. I'm tipsy.

Tomorrow morning we're taking a trip to Michael's for wedding DIY reconnaissance and then in the afternoon (my Texas is about to show) we're taking a concealed handgun license course and doing the qualifications for it on the gun range right after.

Sunday is football and food.

Ok. Back to the wine. Bye knottiefriends

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Options
    Tonight, it was girls night with four friends.  So we had Mexican food and margaritas. I've never had a margarita before and it was AMAZING!  Now, I never want to drink anything else ever again.  Then, we went to watch Into the Woods, which was pretty funny and awesome.  Those two princes, lol.

Tomorrow, work, as usual.  But sleeping in a bit first, and we're getting a pizza tomorrow night.  H and I have a gift certificate for a pizza that we have to use because it expires on the first.  Then on Sunday, church, and going over to a friends for the Super Bowl.  Then Monday, (which is part of our weekend since we don't work that day), I don't know.  Probably relaxing and recovering from the Super Bowl/food coma and H's insane bouts of homework.
  • Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Tonight, it was girls night with four friends.  So we had Mexican food and margaritas. I've never had a margarita before and it was AMAZING!  Now, I never want to drink anything else ever again.  Then, we went to watch Into the Woods, which was pretty funny and awesome.  Those two princes, lol.

Tomorrow, work, as usual.  But sleeping in a bit first, and we're getting a pizza tomorrow night.  H and I have a gift certificate for a pizza that we have to use because it expires on the first.  Then on Sunday, church, and going over to a friends for the Super Bowl.  Then Monday, (which is part of our weekend since we don't work that day), I don't know.  Probably relaxing and recovering from the Super Bowl/food coma and H's insane bouts of homework.
  • Options
    Last night we watched Once Upon A Time on Netflix until I fell asleep at 9:30. Today is herpes day. I got some very exciting experiment results this week so I'm doing a lot of reading on herpes to get up to date on the research in the field. Tomorrow is yoga, chores and cooking. I'm making cupcakes and pasta with sauce and maybe some bread.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I have a boob tattoo. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    Inkdancer said:

I have a boob tattoo. 
    LOL was this meant for the tattoo placement thread?

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards