Wedding Woes

Morning!

I know y'all are slacking when I'm the one hanging around waiting for a "morning!" post.  So how was the weekend?

Re: Morning!

• I was actually working. 

Weekend was ok.  The highlight was nephew being found and now he's safe with his dad.  Now grandma SIL can go back to being the center of drama.

Otherwise it was general crap.  I did sign M2 up for gymnastics and I'm excited.  Now I have to figure out if she has clothes for it.  @Barbie!

In dumbass news- I somehow paid the trash bill three times and Target twice.  Trash is quarterly billing so I won't owe anything until like September.  Target will probably be spent on gymnastics stuff.

• That is good news about your nephew, 6.  Everyone must be so relieved.

It was a good weekend here.  Weather was gorgeous, especially yesterday.  We had all the windows open, and we spent a ton of time in the backyard.  I even got to hang the hammock my mom gave me for Christmas.  It's cool that DS is getting to be a "big boy" now:  in the fall, he was still crawling, so he couldn't do much outside.  Yesterday, he was thrilled to toddle around the yard, kicking up leaves and looking at rocks and stuff.

Wooz had her swim evaluation and is being moved up a level next session.  At this point, she is actually a better swimmer than I am--I just do the basics, she's learning butterfly and stuff.  We're going to try to get her on a swim team this spring/summer.

Wooz had her playdate, and the other mom stayed.  She lives in our neighborhood, and her daughter is in Wooz's class, so we got to talking and she was pretty cool.

RSVPs are coming in for Wooz's party, so I need to get going on that.  I have favor bags and stuff to put in them, and some balloons and cupcake decorating stuff, but I haven't really filled in all the details.

My mom called and said that a) my grandma is staying longer than originally planned, and b) she changed her mind and wants to come see us after all.  (Originally she thought it would be too hard to get around with her walker, but maybe now that she's been cooped up inside my mom's house for over a month, getting out and about seems more appealing.)  So they're coming over Saturday, between art and swim. 

DS is at that point where he's picking up tons of new words, and is so proud of himself.  He got the hang of "fish" when we were at dinner Saturday night (celebrating Woozle's swim promotion) and it was "ish, ish, ish" from then until bedtime.  This morning, it was "moom" (moon) all the way to the bus stop and back. 

I am completely overwhelmed by summer camp, and the house is a mess.

Oh, and we found out SIL is expecting when we saw pics of her big gender reveal party on FB.  We were surprised that it was the first we'd heard of it, but w/e.  Also, gender reveal parties are NMS, but as long as I don't have to have one, I don't really care.

• Morning.  Weekend was OK. 

DH and I worked Saturday.  He got my car brakes done, finally.   

Yesterday, we did a bunch of cleaning and shopping.  The kiddo's friend wanted him to go to church and breakfast with his family.  We were thinking it would be 2-3 hours.  FIVE HOURS later, the kiddo finally comes home.  Our bad for not asking how long it would take, but 5 hours? What the what?

But the most fun thing that happened this weekend is that we found a leak under our dishwasher.  We'd noticed our floors in the kitchen had been bubbling up (it's laminate), but we chalked it up to shitty install and increased useage of the sink/dishwasher and water getting on the floor.  We planned on replacing our floors sooner than later.  However, last weekend we found that water was seeping up through the floor and that the bubbling was creeping further away from the dishwasher/sink.  Of course we were like, "That's not right." and invesitgated for a leak in the house and found nothing. Since it was nice this weekend, DH got into the crawl space. The dishwasher was running and sure enough it was leaking right from the dishwasher.  Yesterday, he took the panel off the bottom of the dishwasher and found the leak.  He fixed the leak, but we're going to have someone come out a probably dry the place out and see what kind of mold we're dealing with.  We may need new subfloors and everything.  I have a call into insurance and am waiting for the adjuster to call me.  Not exactly how we planned for any of this to go down, but we've accepted it and just hope we can get this taken care of ASAP. 

Oh and DefConn cannot seem to shake a cough/cold he's had going since Thursday or so and he shared it with me.  Neither of us have slept well in the last few nights, since his cough is the worst at night.  So I kept him home today.  He's watching Toy Story.  I'm hoping we can both nap later.  He's acting totally normal, so I don't know about dragging him into the doc and exposing him to other germs.  He has no fever or anything.  Just congestion. Bah. 

• That sucks about the floors, but isn't it nice to have someone handy to help fix it?

I bet there's an oil to help with congestion and OnGuard oil to help prevent future issues ;)  I keep hearing about this.

• mrs.conn, my aunt and uncle had a similar issue recently--no fun.  Vibes for drying things out and no mold.  Or if you have to have mold, then the not-bad kind.
  • Yeah, we're waiting on the adjuster to call so we can get the ball rolling.  We're going to buy a dehumidifier for the crawl space ASAP.   

We initially didn't know about calling insurance, but I guess if it's less than our deductible to fix it, we can not go through with the payout from them.  I didn't want to get into it and the decide to contact insurance and then they tell us that we didn't dot an i or cross a t and turn us down. 
  • *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2015
    @6fsn - I don't know about the place you're taking M2, but Wolverine's 4/5yo class is split about 50/50 in kids with leotards and kids with shorts/leggings and t shirts. Wolverine is one of the latter. We just put her in comfortable clothes that won't restrict her movement or hinder her ability to hold on to the equipment. Their program is not competitive, so no official "uniform" or colors that they need to wear. A lot of kids with leotards look like they buy them through the "pro shop" at our gym since they have the gym logo on the front. We might invest in some leotards if we get her into a competitive gym at some point, but right now, it's just for fun. 

Not gymnastics related: I haven't been able to work out for a week + now. I think I have another ovarian cyst, and if that's not the case, then my ovaries are trying to fight to the death. Popped a vicodin when I got to work this morning - I haven't had to take one of those in months. 

Learning new job responsibilities has been a little hectic - trying to figure out everything I need to do. We've also had some IT issues, so I'm not able to access everything I need, which complicates things. I'm glad my boss is patient and knows this will take some time. 

ILs are coming this weekend - flying in Friday and staying until Tuesday. It's nice that they're coming to visit, but I really wish they had given us a little more notice. It's a little rough trying to plan stuff, get the house ready, and cook when I'm feeling miserable. (Normally, I'd say "the hell with it" and just go out for most of our meals when they visit, but with it being Valentine's weekend, I have a feeling that's going to be more difficult.)
  • Weekend sucked in general. H and I have been at each others' throats since he got home on Thursday.

I'm super stressed because we've now entered the time frame that PF's stroke happened. I'm uber aware of every movement or lack of with 2.0 now.

There was bus drama this morning with trying to get PF to school. Busing was cancelled and no one informed the parents. So now H has to drive PF to and from school today. He's supposed to be working from home today not playing driver.

I had to chip my car out of a solid block of ice this morning. That was fun.
  • Morning! Today was workout day so I'm always extra chipper and motivated. Today is work and this week is going to be cray-cray. I'm leaving next week for an important meeting, so my work calendar is filled up with must attend meetings in preparation. DD has a cold, so I'm crossing my fingers that it's just congestion and nothing more that requires me to stay home with her.

Weekend was good. I went to Sephora and got a "makeover" which was interesting.

I also decided I need to see the gyno about getting my uterus removed (super serial about that). I'm like day 4 into my period and I'm miserable. And I have about 5-7 more days of this.
  • Weekend was okay.  Was super productive on Saturday.  Watched 12 episodes of The Blacklist on Friday and did minimal work yesterday.  It was awesome.  So apparently I amend my first statement.

Went to nieces bday party on Saturday and that was awkward.  I felt like I was just watching weird interactions.  My FIL didn't barely talk to anyone but BIL and MIL.  Whatever, he's a weird one.  Don't care too much.   H and I got some good quality time in, he is starting to relax a bit.  It's been a weird 6 months-9 months really.  We're shelving the whole TTC for another month or so.  I am happy to spend more time on myself right now, and then we'll re-evaluate the whole endeavor.  I need a mental/emotional break from even thinking about (and yes, I'm a type A planner, so having a break from planning on planning to is a break).

Also, we got an offer on the house yesterday, but of course H works a 16 hour day today, so the realtor/assistant will have to do all the legwork to get signatures from him, but I'm just thrilled we got an offer, with no contingencies and closing mid march, so that's awesome for us.  *crossing fingers*

I might have a venty post coming up, my office mates aren't here and I plan on taking advantage.  YEP.
  • That's awesome to hear that you got an offer O-Face!
  • I'm hoping they're cool with our counter, and then you hold your breath for inspections, but hopefully we'll be home free by this time next week.  I'm hopeful, very hopeful.  I totally did a happy dance by myself when I got the text.
  • Sat. was a bad day, our cat (4 years old) - has been progressively been acting more and more agressive.  My H was at first blaming it on DD dog, he jumped on and clawed my step-mom and sister while the dog was here.  They just walked by and he jumped on their leg and wouldn't let go.  But he got to where he was doing it just for no reason and scratched 2 of my GK's and H over a few month period.  The vet found no medical reason and suggested we put him up when anybody was at our house. 

He still did it to H's grandmother who lives with us and H a few times in the last few weeks.  He NEVER would scratch me, he was literally attached to me all the time and I was never scared that he would hurt me, I was the one to scoop him up and stop him mid-attack with no issues.

Sat - he flipped.  I had 2 boxes of stuff I bought at an estate sale and was going through one, he was in the empty box next to me and I tapped it and said you better get out of there - no big deal.  As I turned back away to the other  box he literally sprang straight up and out of the box and attacked me.  He bit me on the shoulder and wouldn't let go, I was screaming and trying to shake him off right as H walked in from work.  He got him off and was checking my arm and the cat jumped back on me and bit and clawed me on both arms, he was literally like out of a horror movie hissing and attacking.  He looked like he was possessed.  H grabbed a blanket and stuck him outside to deal with me, I am on blood thinners which makes it even worse, but it was bad, I bled a LOT. 

While trying to clean me up we hear commotion in the back yard.  We have a fenced area within the fenced area and the cat had jumped into it and tried to attack our Huskies.  He tore up the huge males head and we couldn't get him out, he wouldn't come - the dog got ahold of him and killed him.  The whole thing was a nightmare.  I'm positive we would have had to put him to sleep anyway, but the whole thing was bad. He was laying in my lap all afternoon right before, I have never seen anything like this, and I have always owned cats my entire life.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2015

Giant hugs Dixie.

Yay for an offer o!

Holy shit pkat, that's crazy. I'm so sorry

@*barbie* the plan was just shorts and a tank, but I wasn't sure. I was hoping my sister might have kept some, but nope. I don't really want to lay out more cash than necessary.

• Pkat, that's absolutely crazy; It sounds like your cat wasn't right, not at all.  That's just so strange---and I'm sorry to hear that your pups suffered, but also, sad===sad that you lost your pet.  :(
    *interwebz hugs*

• pegasuskatpegasuskat member
    First Comment Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited February 2015

Thanks, it was strange, something had to be wrong - he never acted like that until maybe 6 months ago.  Dezi our husky is ok, it scratched his ear and head, we doctored it with antibiotic cream and he will be fine.  He's not a mean dog at all, I guess being attacked he was just defending himself.

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited February 2015
    So, calling the insurance company again because the master bath is leaking and now I have a hole in my ceiling.  I spied a crack that had not been there before and invesitgated.  The ceiling just crumbled in my hand.  It's all mushy and wet.  

Awesome.  Glad I took the day off.  I may start drinking early.

DH is convinced they'll make this 2 separate claims and we'll have to pay the deductible twice.  I have no idea on these things.  But two deductibles are cheaper than OOP repair costs.  
  • Oh peg, I'm so sorry for that entire experience.

Yay @ O-face watching Blacklist.  I need more people in my life to discuss that with.

So, I must eat some humble pie here.  DH did NOT have a reaction to the coffee.  He had a viral infection of his inner ear.  My weekend sucked ass and was ruled by timers, pedialyte, and the BRAT diet, while cleaning the house, doing laundry, and all of the other myriad of things we had listed for the weekend, by myself.

So far, my birthday month has been terrible.
  • @pegasuskat - there isn't an ancient Indian burial ground anywhere near you is there?
  • OMG--Dixie!  OSSUM. (with a side of the required amount of reverence for the subject matter)

Varuna---I know.  I saw your FB post and was all "Wait, I'm a season behind!".  But, I understand now how people can binge watch things, I guess I'll be on the treadmill tonight watching another episode.  YAY!
  • PMeg819 said:
    Morning! Today was workout day so I'm always extra chipper and motivated. Today is work and this week is going to be cray-cray. I'm leaving next week for an important meeting, so my work calendar is filled up with must attend meetings in preparation. DD has a cold, so I'm crossing my fingers that it's just congestion and nothing more that requires me to stay home with her.

Weekend was good. I went to Sephora and got a "makeover" which was interesting.

I also decided I need to see the gyno about getting my uterus removed (super serial about that). I'm like day 4 into my period and I'm miserable. And I have about 5-7 more days of this.
    @PMeg819 - I'm with you on that, and I've actually talked to my doctor about a hysterectomy because of the cyst issues. With your age, they'll probably give you a tough time about it. (although the fact that you've had kids will probably help your case - a friend of mine had serious issues and they put her off for 2+ years because "you might want to have kids some day" - she told them she wasn't remotely interested in having kids, and if it came down to it, she's rather adopt than have biological children.) One thing to look into is the heightened cancer risks with having the laparoscopic hysterectomy vs. traditional. 

@pegasuskat - was your cat up to date on rabies shots? if not, you might want to get yourself and the dog tested.glad you're ok, but sorry that you had to go through that with a pet. 
  • Barbie, my doctor says that her hospital no longer with do the laparoscopic procedures because of the small remote chance that it's cancer.
  • Peg, I am so sorry to hear about your cat.  I'm glad your dog is okay, and I'm sorry for your loss.

mrs.conn, when faced with crumbling ceiling, the time to start drinking is always now.  But seriously, that super-sucks, and GL getting it all straightened out.
  • Yes, I'm sorry for all you went through this weekend with your cat, Peg. I hope you and your dog feel better soon.
  • Update:

The buyer has verbally accepted our counter offer!  WHAT!?!?!  *dancing*
  • OMG Peg.  That's terrible.  I'm so sorry. 
  • Peg, I"m sorry.
    Pets are hard.

YAY for possible new o-house

I took Buffy to the dentist this morning, finalized her order for new glasses, and am now drowning in work.
  • Got my "new" computer back today.  The one purchased on 1/17 that had to be sent back because it didn't work.  It still doesn't work.  They told me I had to send it BACK in to get it deemed "unfixable." Bastards.  I'm done with them and got someone else to take care of it.

Now I need to pick a new one.  No Toshiba.

• @6fsn and @*Barbie* - 5 years ago, I would not have recommended Dell, but...  My work laptop is a Dell and it is now 5 years old.  It is awesome and has lasted longer than all other laptops in the office.  In fact some people are on their 3rd laptops and I'm still on my first.  (KNOCKING ON WOOD)
    Toshiba used to be the best for laptops.  I'm not sure what happened to them but I have not heard good things.  I have a Sony at home and love it, but Sony isn't currently making laptops.  I've heard good stuff about Lenovo.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards