Chit Chat
Options

If You Could Go Back 24 Hours

2»

Re: If You Could Go Back 24 Hours

• Options
    Smoothies and Adderall don't mix. 

Yeah. had a smoothie for breakfast. Early on in class I started sweating and my heart raced, then it passed and I felt okay but my blood pressure was up as evidenced by us practicing vitals on each other. Got home and checked the nurse's drug guide app on my phone and it turns out fruit juices can enhance its effects. Woops. 
  • Options
    I would go back and tell myself the winning lottery numbers!  I don't know if I'd want to win a huge lottery, like the $350 million Powerball, because that's just too much media and stress.  But maybe like $1 million or even $100,000.  Low enough to not get crazy media attention and not completely change my life, but high enough to pay off bills and be financially comfortable.
    Oh, that's not too much. 
    I actually sat down and did the math on every single thing I wanted to do, and I need 378 million. And no, I'm not keeping it all, I'm doing some serious charity with about 100 million of it.  But if I actually want to fulfill allllll the dreams, yep. I need 378 million. Or to give up one of my houses. Nope. 378. All the dreams. 
    Oh, I'd have no problem at all with spending $300+ million. I just wouldn't really want all the media attention that comes with winning that much.  Or the people coming at you from everywhere trying to get your money. A smaller amount that keeps you out of the national news seems less stressful.  Supposedly, most large lottery winners are very unhappy because of all those side effects.  Although, I really wouldn't mind having the opportunity to run off to my own private island with all that money and prove that statistic wrong.  And, I believe AZ law states that you can delay having your name released to media.  Some guy won powerball here a few years ago, avoided the big media push, then had his name released only in newspaper a couple months later... by then it was old news and nobody cared as much.  So, that would give me enough time to buy my private island and disappear. ;)

• Options

I would go back and tell myself the winning lottery numbers!  I don't know if I'd want to win a huge lottery, like the $350 million Powerball, because that's just too much media and stress.  But maybe like $1 million or even $100,000.  Low enough to not get crazy media attention and not completely change my life, but high enough to pay off bills and be financially comfortable.

Oh, that's not too much. 
    I actually sat down and did the math on every single thing I wanted to do, and I need 378 million. And no, I'm not keeping it all, I'm doing some serious charity with about 100 million of it.  But if I actually want to fulfill allllll the dreams, yep. I need 378 million. Or to give up one of my houses. Nope. 378. All the dreams. 

Oh, I'd have no problem at all with spending $300+ million. I just wouldn't really want all the media attention that comes with winning that much.  Or the people coming at you from everywhere trying to get your money. A smaller amount that keeps you out of the national news seems less stressful.  Supposedly, most large lottery winners are very unhappy because of all those side effects.  Although, I really wouldn't mind having the opportunity to run off to my own private island with all that money and prove that statistic wrong.  And, I believe AZ law states that you can delay having your name released to media.  Some guy won powerball here a few years ago, avoided the big media push, then had his name released only in newspaper a couple months later... by then it was old news and nobody cared as much.  So, that would give me enough time to buy my private island and disappear. ;)

H and I did buy a couple tickets. I won $4! Woohoo!
    :)
    Anniversary

• Options
    Hey self, you see that big glowy thing in the sky? It's called the sun. You're gonna be out in it so lets wear sunscreen today!

My shoulders are burnt.
  • Options
    It was not appropriate to eat an entire French baguette yourself.

• Options
    I'd say, "Stop moping!! Get out there and make a difference!"

I like this thread. Carpe diem.

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• Options
    Don't eat that crappy Florida bagel before your flight. 
  • Options
    "Don't buy the cheaper picnic basket, buy the other one."
    Anniversary

• Options
    Do tueday's homework, lazyass.
  • Options
    "Make sure you wake up early to shovel. You know there will be a lot of snow."

I slept in until 10am, already knowing the night before that I didn't have work- no school! I ended up outside at around noon and I could barely see anything and I faded quickly. FI went out and did everything. And there will be a 1 hour delay tomorrow morning...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards