Chit Chat
Options

My (I guess now former) friend blocked me on Facebook.

2»

Re: My (I guess now former) friend blocked me on Facebook.

• Options
    I don't even understand what YOU had to do with anything. Like if she was mad at the other girls in the house (which is fucking ridiculous) but you weren't even involved in that?! Smell ya later, bitch!

• Options
    Jesus. I have cried over some mighty stupid things. I'm a crier. I still don't get this. 

MAYBE if I was also PMSing and hungry and someone had just died and some other bad stuff happened and it was a really frustrating day, MAYBE it would push me over the edge. 

But really I'd feel bad that other people were sharing beds and I'd offer to sleep on the floor since I added myself last minute. FFS. 
  • Options
    FiancB said:
    Jesus. I have cried over some mighty stupid things. I'm a crier. I still don't get this. 

MAYBE if I was also PMSing and hungry and someone had just died and some other bad stuff happened and it was a really frustrating day, MAYBE it would push me over the edge. 

But really I'd feel bad that other people were sharing beds and I'd offer to sleep on the floor since I added myself last minute. FFS. 
    I cry over really stupid shit too. My scarf falls on the ground, tears. But the tantrum and everything else?

That bitch be cray.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Barring abuse/stalking, I really don't understand deleting AND blocking someone on facebook.  Seriously, are you that immature?  Oooh, I'm totally hurt that I'm blocked now.  Oh wait, I have way better things to do with my life than care. 

#Byefelicia

• Options
    Well, I have to admit something. I unfriended and blocked my dad on facebook a couple years ago. It was precipitated by a complicated series of events and his flagrant abuse of facebook as a way to have serious conversations with his children. He also was one of those dads who would creepily post things about pictures of his daughters' pretty friends. I told him "no more facebook" and de-friended and blocked him.
  • Options
    Well, I have to admit something. I unfriended and blocked my dad on facebook a couple years ago. It was precipitated by a complicated series of events and his flagrant abuse of facebook as a way to have serious conversations with his children. He also was one of those dads who would creepily post things about pictures of his daughters' pretty friends. I told him "no more facebook" and de-friended and blocked him.
    That seems eminently reasonable to me.

I have defriended people before, but only for my own sanity. It almost always says more about me than it does about the person I'm defriending--I certainly never expect them to even notice, let alone feel upset by my slight.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    Barring abuse/stalking, I really don't understand deleting AND blocking someone on facebook.  Seriously, are you that immature?  Oooh, I'm totally hurt that I'm blocked now.  Oh wait, I have way better things to do with my life than care. 

#Byefelicia
    Agreed. I have two people blocked on Facebook: My ex-husband and is new girlfriend, due to some harassment issues. I don't understand the purpose otherwise. I mean, I delete friends on Facebook all the time (usually because they reveal themselves as anti-vaxxers, or anti-gay rights... BYE), but I don't understand the need to block.
  • Options
    I can totally understand blocking toxic people. I blocked my cousin for fear of our safety. She's an addict and has been for 20 years. She had people rob her mother's house when she knew she wasn't home. And she knew her mother wasn't home because of Facebook. So I blocked her because I didn't want her to know anything at all that was going on in my life.
  • Options
    I can totally understand blocking toxic people. I blocked my cousin for fear of our safety. She's an addict and has been for 20 years. She had people rob her mother's house when she knew she wasn't home. And she knew her mother wasn't home because of Facebook. So I blocked her because I didn't want her to know anything at all that was going on in my life.
    So, that's valid. But blocking someone because you simply dont want to be their friend anymore...ummm, okay? Why?
  • Options
    The only person I ever blocked on Facebook was a former co-worker who was absolutely an awful human being. I de-friended him because he was a huge jack-ass but I ended up blocking him because even I after I left the University we both worked at he was still sending me friend requests and annoying messages all the time. It was easier just to block him.

• Options
    SBmini said:
    lyndausvi said:
    It amazes me at what people consider cry worthy.

Sleeping on a sofa bed for a night is not one of those things.  She is just being a manipulative bitch.  She is all "if I cry I get what I want".      Which the others tried to do when the offered to give up their room for her just to shut her up.

Fuck no.   You don't need friends like that.

@SBmini - I think you have the right to be disappointed, but you have NO right to call him out on buying a car instead of going to dinner.  That's BS. 

Right now we are aggressively saving for the higher DP we need due to moving to a high cost of living area.   Not spending on certain items is what is helping us reach that goal.   So sure technically we can afford to spend on 'x' ting, we just prefer not to so we can reach our financial goals sooner.  I would be pissed if someone called me out on what I can afford or not.  

Just because I have funds in the account doesn't mean they are earmarked for you and your dinner.
    I wasn't trying to hijack this thread. I posted to offer sympathy and support from someone who has been there done that. You don't have any place to berate me for what happened. I told him I was hurt that he lied to me, which he did. He blew up and opted to end the friendship instead of apologize. I later learned about a long list of other really crummy things he did to other people and things he said about me behind my back which just strengthened my resolve to never open that door to the friendship again.
    DH and I have enough money to go out to dinner every night for years. But we have that money budgeted for other things. 

If someone asked us to go out to dinner and we said "we can't swing that financially right now", it's not because we don't have the money in the bank. It's because the money is allocated elsewhere for future use. And that is NONE of anyone's business. 

If a "friend" tried to manage my finances without knowing jack about them, I'd be pissed too. I'd probably feed them snark about asking if they wanted to meet with my CFP to talk more about where each dollar of my budget was allocated. He chose to give you the business. Both basically mean "none of your GD business". He happened to take it one step further and end the friendship - my guess is it was his final straw with you for whatever reason.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    SBmini said:
    lyndausvi said:

Sleeping on a sofa bed for a night is not one of those things.  She is just being a manipulative bitch.  She is all "if I cry I get what I want".      Which the others tried to do when the offered to give up their room for her just to shut her up.

@SBmini - I think you have the right to be disappointed, but you have NO right to call him out on buying a car instead of going to dinner.  That's BS. 

Right now we are aggressively saving for the higher DP we need due to moving to a high cost of living area.   Not spending on certain items is what is helping us reach that goal.   So sure technically we can afford to spend on 'x' ting, we just prefer not to so we can reach our financial goals sooner.  I would be pissed if someone called me out on what I can afford or not.  

Just because I have funds in the account doesn't mean they are earmarked for you and your dinner.
    I wasn't trying to hijack this thread. I posted to offer sympathy and support from someone who has been there done that. You don't have any place to berate me for what happened. I told him I was hurt that he lied to me, which he did. He blew up and opted to end the friendship instead of apologize. I later learned about a long list of other really crummy things he did to other people and things he said about me behind my back which just strengthened my resolve to never open that door to the friendship again.
    DH and I have enough money to go out to dinner every night for years. But we have that money budgeted for other things. 

If someone asked us to go out to dinner and we said "we can't swing that financially right now", it's not because we don't have the money in the bank. It's because the money is allocated elsewhere for future use. And that is NONE of anyone's business. 

If a "friend" tried to manage my finances without knowing jack about them, I'd be pissed too. I'd probably feed them snark about asking if they wanted to meet with my CFP to talk more about where each dollar of my budget was allocated. He chose to give you the business. Both basically mean "none of your GD business". He happened to take it one step further and end the friendship - my guess is it was his final straw with you for whatever reason.
    I agree with this. "I can't afford to go out to dinner" means exactly that. The part of my budget that is for going out and whatnot is maxed out. I'm glad that my friends wouldn't get angry at me for that or insert themselves into my financial business; I would be really pissed if they did and maybe not want to be friends with them anymore, depending on if it was a repeat thing.
  • Options
    So, that's valid. But blocking someone because you simply dont want to be their friend anymore...ummm, okay? Why?
    Certainly the thing to do is to have a conversation with someone about the friendship ending, if that is really what needs to happen. Facebook is not an appropriate method for telling people you are close with news of great importance. That was ultimately the issue I had with my dad. He wanted to tell me/my sisters important things using FB updates and messenger. No. You have other ways to contact me. I also told him what I was doing before I did it and that I was doing it because I did not like the way he was using FB. 

Letting a friend know you don't want to be friends anymore by un-friending and blocking them is very immature and cowardly. 
  • Options
    I've unfriended someone and blocked them. I actually did it for the same person on my sisters' facebooks too.

I blocked my half-brother. I probably did it for spiteful reasons, but I do not regret it. He played us like fools. He acted like he wanted a relationship with us and with my dad - which I can understand. It's not his fault his (and my) dad's scum that cheated on my mom, and his mom's scum because she knew my mom and my dad were "happily" (in quotes because my dad, clearly, was not happy) married at the time. Turns out, he didn't actually want a relationship. He wanted to be cruel to my mom and siblings. So nope. Spiteful I can be.

I also blocked someone for showing up at my house with a pizza. The issue being that I have absolutely no idea how he even knew which apartment complex in the town I lived in, much less which freaking apartment. I feel that one was justified.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

I personally wouldn't have flipped out like that, but I sure as hell would not have slept on a sofa bed.  Those damn things are uncomfortable as fuck, and I have lower back and neck issues.

I would have been pissed that I didn't actually have a bed, as promised, but I wouldn't have caused a scene.  I just would have found another place to stay or gone out with DH to buy an air mattress and pump.

And situations like this is one of the main reasons I do not do the whole share a house/hotel room/condo thing anymore, except with very select people and only when I am in control of making reservations or at least an active part of choosing accomodations.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I've unfriended someone and blocked them. I actually did it for the same person on my sisters' facebooks too.

I blocked my half-brother. I probably did it for spiteful reasons, but I do not regret it. He played us like fools. He acted like he wanted a relationship with us and with my dad - which I can understand. It's not his fault his (and my) dad's scum that cheated on my mom, and his mom's scum because she knew my mom and my dad were "happily" (in quotes because my dad, clearly, was not happy) married at the time. Turns out, he didn't actually want a relationship. He wanted to be cruel to my mom and siblings. So nope. Spiteful I can be.

I also blocked someone for showing up at my house with a pizza. The issue being that I have absolutely no idea how he even knew which apartment complex in the town I lived in, much less which freaking apartment. I feel that one was justified.
    Wow. That's despicable. I'm sorry your family had to deal with that. I think spiteful isn't the right word though. Maybe 'protective'?

OP, your friend was nuts. Good riddance.
  • Options
    I unfriended my MIL years ago. She had to one-up me so she blocked me. 

She was still friends with one of my and H's best friends and had been FB talking shit about us before the wedding (the reason I unfriended her six years earlier). Friend told us about it and she blocked him. Then at the wedding she comes up to him all nice and says, "Oh you understand, sometimes you just have to block someone! Hahah!".

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

I personally wouldn't have flipped out like that, but I sure as hell would not have slept on a sofa bed.  Those damn things are uncomfortable as fuck, and I have lower back and neck issues.

I would have been pissed that I didn't actually have a bed, as promised, but I wouldn't have caused a scene.  I just would have found another place to stay or gone out with DH to buy an air mattress and pump.

And situations like this is one of the main reasons I do not do the whole share a house/hotel room/condo thing anymore, except with very select people and only when I am in control of making reservations or at least an active part of choosing accomodations.
    You also wouldn't have jumped on the house bandwagon at the last minute, I'm thinking. 
  • Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    lyndausvi said:

You also wouldn't have jumped on the house bandwagon at the last minute, I'm thinking. 
    Yep.

Plus in my world a sofa bed is considered a promised bed.  Maybe not the most comfortable bed, but a bed just the same.

Granted in my world spending the weekend at the beach is a big thing.   I've never rented a home that didn't have a sofa bed.  They were as standard as having a kitchen.   So my prospective is a little different then others.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:
    lyndausvi said:

Yep.

Plus in my world a sofa bed is considered a promised bed.  Maybe not the most comfortable bed, but a bed just the same.

Granted in my world spending the weekend at the beach is a big thing.   I've never rented a home that didn't have a sofa bed.  They were as standard as having a kitchen.   So my prospective is a little different then others.

Yep. I can't imagine asking to join a group at the last minute, then whining because the bed they managed to finagle for me isn't quite good enough. But then again, I am not Climbing's ex-friend! She strikes me as a pretty special case.
  • Options
    novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    We got added to a group of people renting a beach house in OBX. Since we were late to join, there was a chance we'd either end up with a futon in the open loft, or twin-size bunk beds. This was early in our relationship and we were long distance, so obviously sleeping in bunk beds would not have been ideal (or sleeping on a crappy little futon for that matter) 

But we were so glad to have been included and so excited to take a vacation together -- and also realized this was not our plan and not our house-- that we were willing to take whatever room we got. No complaints. 

When we got there, apparently 2 of the single girls thought it would be fun to take the bunk bed room, and another couple didn't show, so we ended up with a queen size bed and our own bathroom. Definitely no complaints. 

ETA: I can't imagine getting there after being a late joiner and not having made any of the plans, and then throwing a fit because I didn't get the ideal room. Nope. I grew up sleeping on the rock-hard floor of a tiny trailer with all my cousins every year that we visited my grandma at the lake. I know that having ANYTHING to sleep on means I'm lucky. 
  • Options
    Ack! I'm exhausted just from reading your post about her. Good riddance! Who has the patience for that shit anymore after the age of 16?

Formerly martha1818

• Options

lyndausvi said:

lyndausvi said:

Yep.

Yep. I can't imagine asking to join a group at the last minute, then whining because the bed they managed to finagle for me isn't quite good enough. But then again, I am not Climbing's ex-friend! She strikes me as a pretty special case.

Oh yeah, there's a lot I wouldn't have done on that situation. . .like not be crazy, number 1.

But no, I wouldn't have asked to crash in the house last minute, and if I had I wouldn't have flipped like she did over a sofa bed, especially when other friends offered up their beds to her.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    SBmini said:
    lyndausvi said:

Ya'll are missing the point. He agreed to go to dinner with us. In fact, I think he may have even selected the venue. He was totally down for dinner, then bailed last minute, like 30 minutes before we were supposed to meet. It was the only time we could see him while we were in town and DH and I were looking forward to spending time with him. His excuse was really, really lame and I knew it was a lie. At the end of the day- if you don't want to get dinner, tell me you don't want to get dinner. Don't lie to me about stuff. He had a history of bailing with pretty eyebrow raising stories, so this time, I decided to tell him it hurt my feelings.

And he blew up at me. He said the most outrageous things all over me telling him that I didn't appreciate being lied to. And he unfriended me on Facebook like a high schooler. 

Then I found about this gem from a mutual friend who was so upset at him for doing what he did to me, that he more or less broke it off with him, and told me this story. About a year before our falling out, he was visiting a friend two hours away from where I live on a Sunday. He called me out of the blue that morning and said I should drive up to go to the fair with them. DH was working, so I was all alone, had a house to clean, and didn't want to drive four hours round trip last minute. I thanked him for the offer but told him I wouldn't be able to join, but he should swing by on his way home (I'm on the way). He said yeah sure and he'd call me when he was heading back. 

I didn't hear from him. And I didn't hear from him for a few months after that. I came to find out after our falling out that he talked shit behind my back for a long time about me bailing on him and not appreciating him enough as a friend to drop everything and drive two hours to see him. That made the point of him flaking on me and then attacking me when I told him it hurt all the more ridiculous. 

Trust me guys, nothing was lost after being unfriended by the guy. He went on to burn a few more bridges after me and I only know one or two people who still associate with him. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards