Chit Chat

New Snowflakes

Re: New Snowflakes

• OMG, guys, tell me ways to weed out my guests who are just total freeloaders!  If they want to watch the ceremony and then celebrate with me afterwards, they can pay for their own drinks and food!  They're there for US.  It's not about THEM. 
    On what board is this thread? I'm on mobile and look up your posting history. .
    Reception ideas.
  • How did I just now find this thread? It's making my day.

There's a thread on the Budget board where one newb innocently asked for help on a $3k budget, another started bitching about how she only has a $4-5k budget (waaaaa!) and another is promoting knockoff dresses from China. You guys...I seriously can't with this...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• peachy13peachy13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    I sometimes go on reddit (r/weddingplanning) and it is almost all SS's there. I like going to give advice to brides with legit questions but I mostly like going to see what kind of etiquette nonsense is going on. They all love PPDs, throwing their own bachelorette parties, and kicking bridesmaids out because they're not helping with planning. It's atrocious but also a trainwreck I can't look away from. 

Anyway, there's one thread right now about a bride who is having a DW with close family and friends, and also an AHR/full on PPD with everybody else. But, the DW is in Mexico and they don't want to bother with the "difficulty of the marriage license" so they're not even really getting legally married in Mexico - just saying vows and not signing their license. But they're not telling the DW guests that. So the poster thinks it would be a cute idea to have the AHR/PPD actually be a surprise wedding.  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Someone on my month board just proclaimed she's doing a charity donation as favors. I linked to a thread from a few months ago about that, so hopefully she comes to her senses. 
    --

• edited February 2015

The Georgia regional board seems to be pretty tame. On the one hand, how am I going to procrastinate now? On the other hand,

image, Atlanta!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Wedding Party board is my workday crack.

I can't get over the selfishness. Every single day, without fail, is a question about kicking out a bridesmaid? Why? WHYYY?

I love the ones titled Pregnant Bridesmaid- HELP!

WTF do you need help with?  Are you trying to deliver your BM's baby and need us to walk you through it?

Those crack me up too. What, did you knock up your bridesmaid and now you don't want your FI to know? Does she plan on getting at the church during tour vows? What on God's Grern Earth do you need "help" with.

• Guys... a thread just went horribly right over on the E board... I don't even know how to feel about this
  • ohmrs2014ohmrs2014 mod
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
    edited February 2015
    hsgator said:
    Someone on my month board just proclaimed she's doing a charity donation as favors. I linked to a thread from a few months ago about that, so hopefully she comes to her senses. 
    I'm having this issue and someone posted a blog from TK on how to go about doing it.  Can I get this link to share?
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Guys... a thread just went horribly right over on the E board... I don't even know how to feel about this
    I don't believe it.  I think that was a WW troll that was using a different tactic with us.  I have suspected a number of the recent threads we have been talking about were WW trolls.  It's happened before.

IF that E post is legit- I'm stunned.  We need more of those gals :-)

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• ohmrs2014 said:
    hsgator said:
    Someone on my month board just proclaimed she's doing a charity donation as favors. I linked to a thread from a few months ago about that, so hopefully she comes to her senses. 
    I'm having this issue and someone posted a blog from TK on how to go about doing it.  Can I get this link to share?
    http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1045729/charity-donation-in-lieu-of-favors/p1

Here you go!
    --

I don't believe it.  I think that was a WW troll that was using a different tactic with us.  I have suspected a number of the recent threads we have been talking about were WW trolls.  It's happened before.

IF that E post is legit- I'm stunned.  We need more of those gals :-)
    Yeah, I would like to believe it's legit. I was pretty stunned when it took such a clam, rational turn. For several posts I was thinking "oh here we go!" And then it was like "oh... that's actually very nice.... huh" 
  • The Georgia regional board seems to be pretty tame. On the one hand, how am I going to procrastinate now? On the other hand,

image, Atlanta!

I went to my wedding MONTH'S board . . . not the same experience. I don't have a lot of patience for adults who think you are "mean" when you tell them things they don't want to hear.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• The Georgia regional board seems to be pretty tame. On the one hand, how am I going to procrastinate now? On the other hand,

image, Atlanta!

I went to my wedding MONTH'S board . . . not the same experience. I don't have a lot of patience for adults who think you are "mean" when you tell them things they don't want to hear.
    I got called mean on my wedding month board to, for pointing out that no one is "entitled" to a bachelorette party, and no, you shouldn't plan your own if someone else hasn't offered to plan one for you. 
    (These girls were seriously saying every bride is entitled to a bach party.) 
  • My month and local boards are boring....and ancient.  Not many recent posts on either of them!
  • I just read the coffee one and now my head hurts. I think I need some coffee. 
  • I have to admit that I'd be horrified if any of you ladies were trolling WW. Please tell me you aren't. That is such a lame thing to do, even though it seems fairly obvious that there are trolls from...somewhere, anyway, doing it here. But I think you're all too mature and above that kind of thing. I hope. But still. When I see those sometimes I worry.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amelisha said:
    I have to admit that I'd be horrified if any of you ladies were trolling WW. Please tell me you aren't. That is such a lame thing to do, even though it seems fairly obvious that there are trolls from...somewhere, anyway, doing it here. But I think you're all too mature and above that kind of thing. I hope. But still. When I see those sometimes I worry.
    Lol, why?

If people want to troll offsite, meh I don't care.  Even when ppl troll over here it often provides some entertainment.  There's so much stupid out there on teh interwebz, I can see why trolling is appealing to some ;-)

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• amelisha said:
    I have to admit that I'd be horrified if any of you ladies were trolling WW. Please tell me you aren't. That is such a lame thing to do, even though it seems fairly obvious that there are trolls from...somewhere, anyway, doing it here. But I think you're all too mature and above that kind of thing. I hope. But still. When I see those sometimes I worry.
    Ugh, no.  Trolling them is not worth my time.  They get plenty worked up on their own.

• OMG, SS on WP is going to make me claw my eyes out.  I can't. 

• levioosa said:
    OMG, SS on WP is going to make me claw my eyes out.  I can't. 
    Lawl.  Are you saying you require back up?  Is this a Code 8?

• levioosa said:

• levioosa said:
    Lawl.  Are you saying you require back up?  Is this a Code 8?
    I just googled Code 8.  Google told me it was either a restroom break or a beer explosion.  I'm not sure how I feel about those being lumped together. 

• peachy13 said:
    I sometimes go on reddit (r/weddingplanning) and it is almost all SS's there. I like going to give advice to brides with legit questions but I mostly like going to see what kind of etiquette nonsense is going on. They all love PPDs, throwing their own bachelorette parties, and kicking bridesmaids out because they're not helping with planning. It's atrocious but also a trainwreck I can't look away from. 

Anyway, there's one thread right now about a bride who is having a DW with close family and friends, and also an AHR/full on PPD with everybody else. But, the DW is in Mexico and they don't want to bother with the "difficulty of the marriage license" so they're not even really getting legally married in Mexico - just saying vows and not signing their license. But they're not telling the DW guests that. So the poster thinks it would be a cute idea to have the AHR/PPD actually be a surprise wedding.  

There is a post on the DW board about a couple not wanting their ceremony in Mexico to be their legal ceremony because she refuses to get stuck by foreign needles. So, they are having their civil ceremony before they go but their real wedding in Mexico. Um, don't get married in a foreign country????

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards