Not Engaged Yet

Unpopular Opinions/Irrational Irritations/I Judge

No confessions today. Those get too self-deprecating and I think we do enough of that around here and elsewhere without a whole thread focused on how many girl scout cookies we know we all ate last week. 

My Unpop Op: I miss bubbles/aliciaharrison and LoveBug. 

Irrational Irritation: My pastor finger wagged at me for not fasting yesterday, after he never told me that was a thing we did "as a staff" on Ash Wednesday. I wanted to throw my bible at him and say, "JESUS SAYS NEVER TELL ANYONE YOU'RE FASTING!" Also, he's never had to deal with PMS cravings-from-hell, so he can STFU. (Can you tell I haven't eaten yet today? I want a whole hippo in my belly.)

I Judge: people in Florida complaining about it being 40 degrees. Just stop. 

Okay, go!
--------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Irrational Irritations/I Judge

• audrewuh said:
    No confessions today. Those get too self-deprecating and I think we do enough of that around here and elsewhere without a whole thread focused on how many girl scout cookies we know we all ate last week. 

Irrational Irritation: My pastor finger wagged at me for not fasting yesterday, after he never told me that was a thing we did "as a staff" on Ash Wednesday. I wanted to throw my bible at him and say, "JESUS SAYS NEVER TELL ANYONE YOU'RE FASTING!" Also, he's never had to deal with PMS cravings-from-hell, so he can STFU. (Can you tell I haven't eaten yet today? I want a whole hippo in my belly.)

Okay, go!
    YOU THIEVING THIEF. 

• Swazzle said:
    audrewuh said:

Okay, go!
    YOU THIEVING THIEF. 
    GET YOUR OWN UNPOP OP

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • audrewuh said:

Okay, go!
    THAT.

II: Every day after lunch, the guy across the hall from me chews his gum as loudly as possible.  I can smell it and hear it and it makes my skin crawl.

II: Most nights, I fall asleep super fast and it's great.  Lately, I've been such a ball of anxiety that M's fan has been driving me crazy, and he's fallen asleep super quickly, and it makes me want to punch him.

UO: I don't care about the Oscars.

I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2015

Maybe we can beetlejuice them...

• I judge EVERYONE with Christmas lights still up.

II: My pants don't fit but I can't complain because I got KTFU on purpose but I'm also eating everything so all in all it's ALL MY FAULT.

UO: I miss crazy BSC girls coming on here saying they planned every inch of their wedding before they even met their BF lol. It was funny to watch even though it was annoying.

UO: I miss whoever told Phira that she needed sleeping pills but she gave the worst advice in the world but it was still kind of funny to watch the train wreck.
  • @southernpeach89, I don't miss her. Who tells someone their wedding dress ideas don't look bridal?

UO: I'm with you, @peekaboo2011, I don't care about the Oscars either. 

II: I'm behind on my dissertation and prep for orals, which is totally my own fault because I've been doing WR-crap instead of the stuff I should be doing. Stop it, self.

II: I'm so damn boring all I have to talk about is my wedding and grad school. I need a new hobby.
  • Oh, I have another one.

I judge people who buy gorgeous dresses with the intention of hacking them to pieces.  If that's not the dress you wanted, you should have kept looking.
    I french with my man
  • @Keptinstitches I completely forgot about that lol! She was a very honest individual.
  • @peekaboo2011

In all seriousness, if they made what I want, I wouldn't be "hacking my dress to pieces."
    edited February 2015
    @keptinstitches for the price you're paying for such drastic, and I'll say it, awkward, alterations, you could probably have one made for you. 

ETA: And don't worry, you also talk about your knitting. 

• @audrewuh, eh, your call on awkward. The alterations lady said she was treating it as a hem, so it's not so bad for alterations, and the modesty panels I need are tiny.
  •  
    audrewuh said:
    I judge: People who constantly pin/post depressing quotes that relate to their lives. I mean, if you read something and it REALLY "speaks to you", great! Read it, save it, whatever. I don't want to be depressed about your life every time I look at Facebook/Pinterest/whatever. 

I judge: People who can't budget for their weddings (with or without help). Step 1: Figure out how much you have, how much you're getting, how much you can save. Step 2: Figure out how to divide that up among everything you have to pay for. Step 3: Make adjustments as needed. Want to spend more on one thing? That means spending that much less on something else. DONE. It really isn't rocket science.

I judge: Cheesy wedding/e-pics. I'm talking over-edited, angled shots (I assume you weren't actually standing on a 45 degree incline, so why make it look like that), and/or sensual/sexual shots. I do not need to see a photo of the bride's cleavage from above.

Whoops.

Your tits are excepted from that rule.
    I french with my man
  • audrewuh said:
    I judge: People who constantly pin/post depressing quotes that relate to their lives. I mean, if you read something and it REALLY "speaks to you", great! Read it, save it, whatever. I don't want to be depressed about your life every time I look at Facebook/Pinterest/whatever. 

I judge: People who can't budget for their weddings (with or without help). Step 1: Figure out how much you have, how much you're getting, how much you can save. Step 2: Figure out how to divide that up among everything you have to pay for. Step 3: Make adjustments as needed. Want to spend more on one thing? That means spending that much less on something else. DONE. It really isn't rocket science.

I judge: Cheesy wedding/e-pics. I'm talking over-edited, angled shots (I assume you weren't actually standing on a 45 degree incline, so why make it look like that), and/or sensual/sexual shots. I do not need to see a photo of the bride's cleavage from above.

Whoops.

Ded.
  • @Audrewuh - Nope, you're fine. If you instead had a sultry smile and "come do me" expression on your face, I'd be judging.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @audrewuh, eh, your call on awkward. The alterations lady said she was treating it as a hem, so it's not so bad for alterations, and the modesty panels I need are tiny.
    I still say the hemline of your dress is awkward on a fit and flare design. It would have looked much better on an A line or even ball gown dress, which are also out there with the design elements you wanted. 

• audrewuh said:
    @audrewuh, eh, your call on awkward. The alterations lady said she was treating it as a hem, so it's not so bad for alterations, and the modesty panels I need are tiny.
    I still say the hemline of your dress is awkward on a fit and flare design. It would have looked much better on an A line or even ball gown dress, which are also out there with the design elements you wanted. 
    And I like the little "kick" of the skirt. Different strokes.
  • audrewuh said:
    @audrewuh, eh, your call on awkward. The alterations lady said she was treating it as a hem, so it's not so bad for alterations, and the modesty panels I need are tiny.
    Aud's point, and mine, are that it could have been done to look a lot better if you had started with a different dress, one that was made to do the things that you're having altered.
    I french with my man
  • audrewuh said:
    Aud's point, and mine, are that it could have been done to look a lot better if you had started with a different dress, one that was made to do the things that you're having altered.
    And my point is that I'm still happy with the dress and don't really see the problem with altering it to what I want. Which I'm gathering is a UO.
  • I'm judging @Swazzle for saying we should have a daily chat theme yesterday and not following through today.

I'm judging my dog. She just sat down in front of me, made eye contact, and let rip three giant farts!

Apparently a UO - I like the Oscars.

Confession - I don't take the time to respond to each and every single person in a daily chat thread because either 1. I don't care enough or 2. I came in way too late to the conversation to even consider catching up or 3. Both.

II - Building on @southernpeach89, I saw TWO houses today with Christmas lights up. No excuse. It's only been cold this week and it certainly hasn't been snowy. You've had TWO MONTHS TO TAKE THEM DOWN!

II - Sales people who constantly try to get you to buy stuff. Yes, I'm going to buy something! No, I don't want to spend $2k on a table and chair set thankyouverymuch!

II - Lately H seems to want to know every detail of some of my text or fb conversations I have with friends. It's really bugging me, I don't feel like I need to constantly reveal every detail of my social life to him. Just let me stare mindlessly at my phone! I feel like I'm being interrogated even though I know that isn't his intent, he's just trying to drag me out of phone-land and into reality again. Is it wrong to say I just don't want to talk about it?

Confession - I know how cold and snowy it is up north...but I still hate and will complain about how freaking cold and miserable it is (to me) here in Georgia.

edited February 2015
    @Audrewuh - Nope, you're fine. If you instead had a sultry smile and "come do me" expression on your face, I'd be judging.
    Damn. I need a redo.

I have more! Apparently my judging pants are tight, today.

Irrational Irritation: My MOH is getting engaged this weekend, and I'm 99% positive the third girl in our friendtriangle is getting engaged over spring break because these two couples never do anything without the other. I'm irritated for several reasons, and irrationally I think that I'll be cut out of the wedding party completely with my MOH in preference for the other girl. 

I second @swazzle's judge on people who announce a gazillion times that they're going to get engaged and then it never happens. It reflects poorly on the relationship.

• I judge @labro for not reading the rules and confessing things. 

• @audrewuh I don't think I was being self-deprecating though so the rules don't apply! I also haven't eaten a box of Girl Scout cookies so there's nothing to confess there. :P

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    II: These threads aren't as much fun as they used to be when we could call out specific posters.

• I judge brides who take a bunch of pictures where they are trying to look like a model instead of just being happy. I don't understand the not smiling wedding pictures. Why are you pretending you're a model? It's your wedding day, not a photo shoot. One of my friends (well more of an acquaintance) just posted her wedding photos on Facebook and she just looks pissed off in all of them.

As someone who has done both e pics and wedding pics as a bride, I can say that a lot of the pictures you take are based on the photographer's directions given. There are definitely some photographers and brides who prefer the style that is more dramatic than storytelling. 

• audrewuh said:

Whoops.

Oops, me too. Guess our photographers learned from the same book.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards