Not Engaged Yet

Unpopular Opinions/Irrational Irritations/I Judge

124»

Re: Unpopular Opinions/Irrational Irritations/I Judge

• I will wear leggings with a sweater dress or long shirt. I will not wear leggings (to work or anywhere else) if my bum isn't covered by my shirt; just a person preference. My office is business casual, so no jeans Monday-Thursday but long sweaters and stuff are fine. H & M also makes fleecy tights/leggings that are awesome. And I found a pair of work pants that feel like a cross between skinny dress pants and leggings; they are my favourite thing this winter, I don't think I've worn my nicer work pants in months!

I use "in private" browsing at work and have an office where my computer doesn't face the door. As long as my work gets done I don't think they care. Also I'm really tired of my job and don't care as much anymore.

This is how I feel about the whole leggings debate too. But that was one of those rules that was ingrained in me when I worked at Forever 21 during high school and actually started caring about fashion. We had a bunch of rules about what we could and could not wear, and I remember my manager specifically announcing that leggings were not pants. I always followed it after that. 

However, I don't mind it on others as long as they are not see through, fit properly, and are not in a professional setting (i.e. replacing dress pants as @TwoDimes mentioned). 

• Also, @GoldenPenguin, I know what you mean about the drivers in Upstate NY. They freak out EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. it snows. It always boggled my mind how people who know that it snows every single winter still freak out about it. Come on, it's not like this is the first time you have ever seen snow! 

Now ice storms in the Adirondacks are a different story.....I can understand possibly freaking out over those, and trying to prepare for it before it hits, as those can be nasty and knock power out for days up there. 

• UO: I really want people to stop talking about Fifty Shades. Just stop. It's an unhealthy, toxic, abusive relationship. Stop being like "OMG but it's about bondage and all that kind of fun!" No...no it's not. Just stop.

My phone is my best friend for being on TK at work. We are on them all the time as journalists and no one can see it.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Blackbird230 - this recap (http://jennytrout.com/?page_id=5720) of 50 Shades is amazing! It's hilarious but also accurately explains why that book is so fucking toxic.

• UO: I really want people to stop talking about Fifty Shades. Just stop. It's an unhealthy, toxic, abusive relationship. Stop being like "OMG but it's about bondage and all that kind of fun!" No...no it's not. Just stop.

My phone is my best friend for being on TK at work. We are on them all the time as journalists and no one can see it.
    So. Much. This. 

Confession: I really like bondage, and introduced FI to it, before Fifty Shades was even a thing (at least, before it was popular; I don't know when it was written). Then it became popular and my only reaction was that it was portraying BDSM completely wrong. Not all people who are into that are abusive and toxic like that; in fact, most aren't. Most advocate a safe word/motion and consent when engaging in those types of activities, and for good reason. I despise Fifty Shades so much, both as someone who is into that type of activity, and as a former abuse victim. 

• lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2015
    @bethsmiles @blackbird230 Confession. I read 50 Shades when it was a Twilight fanfic. Yeah. I know. It was a dark time (I forgot about the library, and I was on a "no more books for you!" budget.)

I was totally floored it got made into a book. I mean, it wasn't so bad compared to most fanfiction, but that bar is very, very low.

ps- I can't wait to listen to some of that recap. It will fill up some of my free time that I don't know what to do with :)
  • II - H hit a pothole on his way to work - caused about $250 in damages to his car.  The city has a thing on their website basically saying 'The weather needs to be above 40 degrees for us to patch the roads and if we didn't know about the pothole or could not fix it yet, we will deny your claim'.  Just something else that people who live in cold areas have to deal with in the winters :( .  I know for the states where they don't have snow, they still get potholes; however in the places where we get snow/ice - we tend to get this huge gaping potholes in the road... water gets into the cracks on the roads, freezes and expands which then pushes the pavement out and cracks it and causes a lovely pothole.

Anniversary

So. Much. This. 

Confession: I really like bondage, and introduced FI to it, before Fifty Shades was even a thing (at least, before it was popular; I don't know when it was written). Then it became popular and my only reaction was that it was portraying BDSM completely wrong. Not all people who are into that are abusive and toxic like that; in fact, most aren't. Most advocate a safe word/motion and consent when engaging in those types of activities, and for good reason. I despise Fifty Shades so much, both as someone who is into that type of activity, and as a former abuse victim. 
    Uuuuuugh I am so sick of hearing about this book and movie and all the related foolishness. I actually said to FI that I couldn't wait for the damn movie to come out so they will STOP playing commercials for it and showing trailers when we go to the movies.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• UO: I want to see 50 Shades. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • audrewuh said:
    UO: I want to see 50 Shades. 
    UO:  I'm actually reading it right now - I've decided the author needs a thesaurus - so sick of the word 'delicious'.  To me, it really feels like Twilight with no vampires and more sex.  I'm only reading it because my SIL wants to see it, we're going Thursday after work.

Anniversary
  • II: I wear leggings as pants and get pissed when someone says leggings aren't pants. If it's all I fit into and feel comfortable in, and my ass is covered, please just stfu.

II: I hate 50 shades, as it sucks at portraying a healthy BDSM relationship. Whole thing makes me sick.

II: I hate the word delicious when it's used improperly. Almost as much as I hate the word moist. EW.

UO: I feel like there hasn't been an influx of drama on this board lately, and I too wish that bubbles and others mentioned would come back...

Confession: I know for a fact that at least two "beetle juice" posters have different screen names now, and don't post anywhere near this board. Let's just say bubbles is still here, as well as the poster who consistently gave crap advice and told phira to take sleeping pills...

I judge: myself for not working out and making excuses for my shitty eating habits. I'm still fat and it's my fault.
  • I judge: bridezilla friend for her latest Facebook status this morning linking to an Instagram picture of her bridal shower invitations. Nothing was crossed out either. 

• My niece just sent me a FB STD for her wedding.  It's the day after my brother's wedding (her uncle) in a different city.  I'd like to go to both, but going out of town, staying in a hotel for two nights, and then having to get up and go to another wedding in another town...which is also out of town for us sounds kind of awful.  I guess I'll see how FI (then H!!) and I feel when invites officially go out. 

I haven't decided if its an IJ or an II yet. 
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • II: I wear leggings as pants and get pissed when someone says leggings aren't pants. If it's all I fit into and feel comfortable in, and my ass is covered, please just stfu. II: I hate 50 shades, as it sucks at portraying a healthy BDSM relationship. Whole thing makes me sick. II: I hate the word delicious when it's used improperly. Almost as much as I hate the word moist. EW. UO: I feel like there hasn't been an influx of drama on this board lately, and I too wish that bubbles and others mentioned would come back... Confession: I know for a fact that at least two "beetle juice" posters have different screen names now, and don't post anywhere near this board. Let's just say bubbles is still here, as well as the poster who consistently gave crap advice and told phira to take sleeping pills... I judge: myself for not working out and making excuses for my shitty eating habits. I'm still fat and it's my fault.
    Right, she's still here as lightingsnow or whatever, but where does she post?

And we know the girl who gave crap advice posts on CC and avoid NEY. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards