Chit Chat

Happy Friday! What's everyone doing this weekend?

Re: Happy Friday! What's everyone doing this weekend?

• I didn't know where else to put this and didn't want to make a new thread, but it excites me so I had to share.

Apparently Prince Harry and Emma Watson are dating. Muggle princess for the win! And imagine the beautiful ginger babies!

OK carry on with your day.

WHAT YES YAY YAYAYAYAY 

I don't really know why I love this so much but omg I love this so much.
    I hate to burst the bubble because I love this, but apparently this is all fan fic and not true :(
    No I refuse to believe this.

Preemptive mobile box

I'm with Lolo. Nope, totally true. I'm not even going to google it because its absolute truth is self evident.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • We went for steak tonight and then saw Kingsman.  It was pretty good actually, and kinda made me miss England a little.  It's a good action movie with lots of comedy thrown in.  

We are sleeping in tomorrow and have been roped into babysitting niece/nephew.  My parents are bring pizza over, so between the 4 of us, we should be able to wrangle the 2 kids.  Good chance we'll end up gambling for pennies after the kids go down.  

Sunday practice again.  I'm really hating my teams this year, so I'm not happy about this but hopefully I can get a good workout in at least.  

• @WinstonsGirl - loved Kingsman.  It's one we'll end up buying.

I'm working nights, so yay/boo.  Tomorrow we glue ourselves to the computers to see if we get tickets to San Diego ComicCon, which is what we had planned for our honeymoon.  If we don't, I foresee us booking a trip to Orlando & Miami for May instead.

And then I'm off for three days, starting Sunday.  Halle-freaking-lujah.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Nothing much, and it's awesome. I have a couple papers to write that I'm overwhelmed by and therefore procrastinating. 
  • It snowed again sooo I should be doing homework but I'm knotting, and planning my distant New Zealand Trip ha
  • @larrygaga every time I see your siggy I imitate it. Any on-lookers must think I've lost my mind.

• Going out for tacos and margaritas with some high school girlfriends.  

My cat is still very very ill - she's at home now, but she's not eating.  I am glad she's home, but I don't forsee her making it very long.  The vet never did figure out what happened to her to make her so sick. 

Got the definitive word that we are moving to Ft. Knox, KY.  I'm stupidly excited to try something new (it's only 8 hours from here, so it's not that scary).  I'm even more stupidly excited to quit my boring-ass job! Alas that has to wait for his official orders come in, plus wait until after bonuses are paid late March for me so they can't screw me outta that.

• @larrygaga every time I see your siggy I imitate it. Any on-lookers must think I've lost my mind.
    I could watch it for hours if my attention span was that long
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    This is about me right now.

DH is working.  All the laundry is done.  I even cleaned out 2 bags worth of stuff from my closet/drawers.   Vacuuming done.  Dusting done.   Kitchen clean.   Grocery shopping, done.  Really cheap this week as I'm cleaning out the pantry/fridge/freezer.  Only picked up a few random stuff for meals (DH is making meatloaf on Monday. His meatloaf rocks).

Break in the weather allowed me to take the dogs out.  So far we have a few inches.  10 inches more expected.

Last night  DH brought me home a filet he got as a sample to cook up later for dinner tonight. So that is already figured out.  

Now the question is should have open the wine or not?    

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
    I put my hand over the screen so I can't see it. Because aaaaarrrrrgh, eggs! And talking eggs are the stuff of nightmares. Do you think someone actually ate that? So horrifying. And kind of fascinating at the same time. 
    I put my hand over the screen so I can't see it. Because aaaaarrrrrgh, eggs! And talking eggs are the stuff of nightmares. Do you think someone actually ate that? So horrifying. And kind of fascinating at the same time. 
    Totally off topic from eggs, but @ohannabelle I thought of you yesterday when my sister sent me a photo of her new shoes:

Totally off topic from eggs, but @ohannabelle I thought of you yesterday when my sister sent me a photo of her new shoes:

Ohmygod, there they are! And now I want them all over again. 
    Okay, I'll wait till May 1st, because birthday. If I still want them then, I'm doing it.

It's just cut and making that movement because of the frying pan underneath. Do you have some weird oddly specific egg phobia? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• flyingfoxesflyingfoxes member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2015
    grr - FSS rear ended someone last night.  His second time rear-ending someone, and his third accident total.  He's 18 - I'll be surprised if insurance doesn't drop him after this - his premiums are already $280/month.  

** edited to add - he's completely fine and unharmed

• grr - FSS rear ended someone last night.  His second time rear-ending someone, and his third accident total.  He's 18 - I'll be surprised if insurance doesn't drop him after this - his premiums are already $280/month.  
    Aww, sounds like me as a teenager!  By 18, I'd had 2 real accidents with other cars, and one on my own, plus a few tickets (there were many more to come).  I got not only dropped from my parents insurance, but BANNED from driving their vehicles!  Like, I'm almost 30, and I might still be banned?  Anyway, if he can get his shit together, it will be fine in 5-7 years.  My insurance is low now because I went from accidents and speeding tickets being normal to not having a ticket in years.  He should definitely take a defensive driving class, which will probably be mandated by court, but if not, he should do it anyway.

• grr - FSS rear ended someone last night.  His second time rear-ending someone, and his third accident total.  He's 18 - I'll be surprised if insurance doesn't drop him after this - his premiums are already $280/month.  

Aww, sounds like me as a teenager!  By 18, I'd had 2 real accidents with other cars, and one on my own, plus a few tickets (there were many more to come).  I got not only dropped from my parents insurance, but BANNED from driving their vehicles!  Like, I'm almost 30, and I might still be banned?  Anyway, if he can get his shit together, it will be fine in 5-7 years.  My insurance is low now because I went from accidents and speeding tickets being normal to not having a ticket in years.  He should definitely take a defensive driving class, which will probably be mandated by court, but if not, he should do it anyway.

My 21-yo sister just got the Ban Hammer from my parents' insurance, and dropped from her own policy as of her renewal date. In the last 18 months she's had 3 accidents and entirely too many (like more than 10) speeding tickets (including back to back ones on Christmas Eve Eve and Christmas Eve).

My brother, on the other hand, had four or five accidents (but no tickets) by 21, and wasn't ever dropped.

I definitely recommend a driving class. If he doesn't have a lot of tickets, it may help him to show he's serious about getting his act together.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • larrygaga said:
    @larrygaga every time I see your siggy I imitate it. Any on-lookers must think I've lost my mind.

It's just cut and making that movement because of the frying pan underneath. Do you have some weird oddly specific egg phobia? 
    Yep. I am an eggophobe. I don't go out to breakfast, ever. Because I will see eggs, smell eggs, and see people eating eggs. I shiver a little, and turn my head when I mix them into baking. 

If I actually see someone dipping toast into a runny fried egg, I have to leave the room immediately, and occasionally have been sick. Hate the sight of them, hate the way they smell exactly like snot, hate the sound they make when they crack and plop, hate the texture either cooked or raw, and genuinely gag at the thought of the hootie. I used to be able to eat an egg if it was hidden in cheese, and I knew the hootie was removed, but nope. Not any more. Even the very word "egg" is gross. It actually sounds mucous-y. 
    (Yes, I like chocolate Easter eggs. But not Cadburys with the fake slime innards.)
  • larrygaga said:
    @larrygaga every time I see your siggy I imitate it. Any on-lookers must think I've lost my mind.

Don't get her started on egg hootie.
    This convo reminded me that I made a (shitty) video project back when I was a freshman of an egg committing suicide by diving into a frying pan.  I can't remember why he was doing that, but I do remember drawing facial expressions on a dozen eggs.

I ate a lot of eggs in college.

Anniversary
  • http://www.yourmorals.org/express_disgust.php
    This is a fairly interesting quiz about what disgusts people and why. I'm sure my egg disgust is off the available chart.
  • What the hell is egg hootie?
  • What the hell is egg hootie?
    I was wondering this too. 

• Welp. Apparently, it's this? I'm still confused because I have never noticed it before, but now I really want a Mr. Hootie Rake/wooger snatcher. Because, reasons.
  • Welp. Apparently, it's this? I'm still confused because I have never noticed it before, but now I really want a Mr. Hootie Rake/wooger snatcher. Because, reasons.
    Oh. Huh.  I always remove that cause it grosses me out.  I never knew it was called a hootie.  My growth and development biology classes have failed me! 

"Wooger snatcher" is also creating strong emotions for me...I'm just not sure which emotions they are.  

• The hootie is the blobby stringy chewy stringy bit inside. I couldn't even call it a wooger. That just takes disgusting too far. 
    I haven't seen a hootie rake for years. Mom and both my Grandmas had them. Because I had to see that bastard come out before I would trust any egg containing food. 
  • The hootie is the blobby stringy chewy stringy bit inside. I couldn't even call it a wooger. That just takes disgusting too far. 

I haven't seen a hootie rake for years. Mom and both my Grandmas had them. Because I had to see that bastard come out before I would trust any egg containing food. 
    I have honestly never noticed it, hahaga. I'll have to check next time.

The best part of this ad is "Read why this is so popular in Paris!" 
    I need to know. 
    I would pay good money for a Mr. Hootie Rake. 

The best part of this ad is "Read why this is so popular in Paris!" 
    I need to know. 
    I would pay good money for a Mr. Hootie Rake. 

Agreed. I MUST know the answer.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards