Chit Chat

40/40 challenge ~ First Friday Check-in

13»

Re: 40/40 challenge ~ First Friday Check-in

• I scrubbed like 5 years of burned on gook out of the burner pans on the stove, packed up 4 boxes of picture frames and knickknacks to store in the garage, and threw out a whole garbage bag of old beauty/skincare products. Also gathered up 4 boxes of trash to bring up from my craft/sewing room. Tomorrow, my clothes and the linen closet.

We're paying a friend of H's to come do a deep clean Tuesday afternoon.

• I used to offer the cleaning entertainer service in college. At that time it generally involved gorging on candy instead of wine. My how we've grown.
  • Well, I finally set up my new tv in the living room (after getting rid of the tv in the bedroom and moving the previous living room tv into the bedroom) so that I could watch the Academy Awards - and found out that it's broken (cracked screen which wasn't visible until I got it all set up and turned it on).  Then I tried to return it on Amazon and found out that the return period ended January 31!  I was about to have a panic attack and I called Amazon and lo and behold they're making an exception for me and sending me a replacement by 1-day shipping so it's guaranteed to be here Tuesday.  I didn't even have to ask for an exception, let alone beg!  They're having UPS pick up the broken tv and I just need to put it all back in the box.  I'm going to leave them glowing feedback.

I found out yesterday that they're doing the annual inspection of my apartment on Tuesday, which is added incentive to get the big stuff done today and then spend tomorrow cleaning.  I am slowly but surely winning the battle against the cardboard boxes in my living room!  Of course, with all the books, notebooks, and papers all over the place I'm still going to look like a hoarder.  :p  Dissertations are a messy business!

• lc07 said:

I wish you guys would come over and sit and drink wine with me while I organize. 

Yes, this would be so helpful. I made H sit with me one of the days, and constantly refill my wine. But he quit the next day, hahaha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards