Chit Chat
Options

Oscar time

2»

Re: Oscar time

• Options
    Love Reese's dress. Khloe just said she's bored. Bitch, you are at the Oscars. Be thankful you're even there.
    I was going to say the same thing.     

I guess she is hosting the after-party.     ::rolls eyes::

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'm not watching it but am checking out the red carpet outfits online.  My fav dressed are Rosamund Pike and Jamie Chung.  I also liked the outfits of: Octavia Spencer, Sienna Miller,  Zoe Saldana, Anna Kendrick, America Ferrara, Kelly Osbourne, Ryan Hawke, and Rachel Harris.
  • Options
    Khloe's hair is awful. I like beach hair, but not for the Oscars. 

I almost slid off the road last night too,because it was snowing you know New England weather every weekend. She lives in fucking California, why did she almost slide off the road, rain?

• Options
    Love Reese's dress. Khloe just said she's bored. Bitch, you are at the Oscars. Be thankful you're even there.
    Pretty sure no one would miss her if she decides she needs to go take a nap (…and never come back). 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I almost slid off the road last night too,because it was snowing you know New England weather every weekend. She lives in fucking California, why did she almost slide off the road, rain?

She was in Montana. But it's ok - she made it back in time for the Oscars. Thank the good Lord!!!

"You don't get an award for having a great body" has got to be one of the most ridiculous, ignorant things I've heard out of them so far. No, you get an award for having great talent.

• Options

They were in Montana and slid on black ice.
  • Options
    Update: I did like America Ferrera's dress. nice vibrant shade and I liked the different style of dark on top and lightening up towards the bottom. Her boobs were also not falling out, always a plus
  • Options
    Jennifer Aniston looks amazing!
  • Options
    Khloe is the most tolerable of the Kardashians, so it could be much worse. Could you imagine Kim or Kris there. Ugh.

• Options
    I also love the dresses that Oprah, Anna Farris, and Georgina Chapman are wearing.
  • Options
    She looks amazing, holy shit.
  • Options
    I love Neil Patrick Harris.

I'm not loving him tonight though.

Makes me sad.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Just saw the gown on Jessica Chastain. While I applaud the dark color, I don't like the deep deep cowl. It takes away from her figure and gives her the intimation of granny boobs. Yay for the slit and heels!
  • Options
    I'm sorry to say Nicole Kidman's dress washes her out...I like the yellow on Jennifer Hudson, but damn, Marion, Julliana, et al, stay away from the bright white! The only one pulling it off tonight (IMO) is Reese Witherspoon
  • Options
    lyndausvi said:

I love Neil Patrick Harris.

I'm not loving him tonight though.

Makes me sad.
    Agreed. So far, he's been rather underwhelming :/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I feel like it's Barney Stinson hosting the Oscars. I'm waiting for:

• Options
    Going through Jezebel's coverage right now. 

Overall, it's kinda boring. Only a few are daring, and even those aren't really on point.

But this is lovely.

I don't know who (Jaimie Chung) is, but she's easily one of the best dressed.

Anniversary
  • Options
    Jennifer Aniston looks incredible
  • Options
    I think NPH would be better if he had better writing.  It seems like even he was annoyed by somme of these jokes.
  • Options
    Can I just say I'm shocked by Lady Gaga. She looked... normal!!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    H and I just had that conversation. She has a gorgeous voice and looked so....real...
  • Options
    sarahufl said:
    H and I just had that conversation. She has a gorgeous voice and looked so....real...
    There are people on my FB complaining that Lady Gaga and "The Sound of Music" had no place at the Oscars this year (other than, ya know, the 50th anniversary of the movie and Julie Andrews introducing the best song award). I really liked the performance. It sounded like Gaga was genuinely trying to honor the music. I guess Tony Bennett really has rubbed off on her!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Glory brought me to tears. The song was pure gold. Lady Gaga had an amazing performance as well.

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Options
    All of the ladies looked exceptional and there were some really pretty dresses (I loved Emma Stone's dress, the color was awesome), but IMHO there were no real "Oscar Dress Stunners" this year that are going to go down in the books. 

Did anyone else have that sensation?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lady Gaga's performance was so wonderful. I know a lot of people were shocked, but I've been such a fan of hers for years, that it didn't surprise me so much. She's an incredibly talented artist and has been for years. Some of her best performances are just her sitting down at a piano. 

And I missed Glory! So pissed. I will have to look it up later. 
  • Options
    Lady Gaga's performance was so wonderful. I know a lot of people were shocked, but I've been such a fan of hers for years, that it didn't surprise me so much. She's an incredibly talented artist and has been for years. Some of her best performances are just her sitting down at a piano. 

And I missed Glory! So pissed. I will have to look it up later. 
    I will admit, I was absolutely shocked by her. So much of her persona is being odd and off the wall. But she has a gorgeous voice.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards