Texas-Houston

Average Cost of Hair and Makeup Artist-Houston

Hello Everyone,

I am currently looking for a Hair and Makeup Artist in Houston and I am seeing prices that vary from $250-$1,000. Can anyone tell me if these prices are reasonable?

Re: Average Cost of Hair and Makeup Artist-Houston

• Check on your local Houston board.
  • This is an international board.  But I can say off the top of my head that $1,000 seems crazy, even if it included airbrushing.  (I'm assuming that is a pp price?  Because there's a big difference between $1,000 for one person, and $1,000 for 12 people for hair and makeup). 

• Umm…I'm paying $220 for hair, make-up, and a trial run for both. And this is in the San Francisco area. So $1,000 for one person seems WAY too high. Check on your local board.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm going the cheap route and booked an appointment at mac. 50 bucks, great make up, multiple artists so everyone can get done at the same time. ..simple
  • aliwis000aliwis000 member
    5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2015
    When I told my planner I wanted hair and makeup done for me she budgeted $350 for both in my break down. So far with the people I have looked at online that seems about spot on, give or take $15-20. I will take into consideration a lot of factors, like how close they are to me/the venue, before I book. But I would not go over around $370. Of course that is just for me. If you are talking about several girls then break out the calculator! :)

HTH!

ETA: This includes a trial run.
  • $200 for hair and makeup would be more reasonable in Houston.  You didn't ask for any recommendations, but if you would like a couple, email me at kerriwright85@gmail.com.  GL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards