Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Coffee Service Dilemma

Re: Coffee Service Dilemma

• @sarahufl she has not taken anyones advice she asked for suggestions we all gave it to her and she insisted nothing was going to work... she wants to do it her way and regardless about what anyone says. 

urn was suggested hiring someone local was suggested asking the bartender was suggested but she gave excuses why this and why that it could not be done.. 

if she wants coffee so badly she should find a way to get it to her venue without anyone having to tip anyone for anything every wedding i went to had a tip jar at the bar did i tip no i dont bring cash with me.

she wants her guests to pay for the bartenders tips and the coffee guys tips rude rude rude shes more concerned about her dam water infused water station 

• @sarahufl she has not taken anyones advice she asked for suggestions we all gave it to her and she insisted nothing was going to work... she wants to do it her way and regardless about what anyone says. 

urn was suggested hiring someone local was suggested asking the bartender was suggested but she gave excuses why this and why that it could not be done.. 

if she wants coffee so badly she should find a way to get it to her venue without anyone having to tip anyone for anything every wedding i went to had a tip jar at the bar did i tip no i dont bring cash with me.

she wants her guests to pay for the bartenders tips and the coffee guys tips rude rude rude shes more concerned about her dam water infused water station 

um, ok? I read the whole thread, too.
  • sarahufl said:
    @sarahufl she has not taken anyones advice she asked for suggestions we all gave it to her and she insisted nothing was going to work... she wants to do it her way and regardless about what anyone says. 

If she can't afford what she's already planning, she probably shouldn't add Bailey's to the mix.

Anniversary

• Someone please fill me in on the infused waters.
  • sarahufl said:
    My only suggestion is to also get bottles of Bailey's for the coffee station. Ours were quite popular.

Oh, and I should add- I rented urns and bought coffee/tea/sweeteners/milk AND the Baileys AND rented mugs for less than $200.
    Seeing how much the bride is freaking out about coffee I'd need one of the bottles all too myself and I don't like creamy alcohol ;-)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • And, if anybody cares, here is the reason that nobody, just nobody, can push a button on a coffee urn:
    Because the OP wants a coffee truck. 
    Regardless of etiquette, cost, or common sense, because it would look cool, or something. 
    She wants a coffee truck? Within budget? Problem solved.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Someone please fill me in on the infused waters.
    poster started another thread because she got those glass jars with the spout on a super deal and she was doing a water station with the jars she was going to have infused waters with fruit posters told her that she was already having issues with her coffee deliema so why go and spend money on infused waters.

but yet again her mind was made up don't even know why she bothered to waste her time asking for advice when she was not intending to use it anyways 
  • sj613 said:
    Punctuation is your friend.
    Good luck. People have been saying that for months.
    Amor vincet omnia.... par liones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• sj613 said:
    Evidence points to the contrary.  :p

• Viczaesar said:

sj613 said:

Evidence points to the contrary.  :p

Bahahaha! Touché.
  • sarahufl said:
    sarahufl said:
    @sarahufl she has not taken anyones advice she asked for suggestions we all gave it to her and she insisted nothing was going to work... she wants to do it her way and regardless about what anyone says. 

If she can't afford what she's already planning, she probably shouldn't add Bailey's to the mix.
    Yes, I read the thread. And my point was that my entire coffee service was less than 200 bucks, Bailey's included.

Do you not think I can read?
    She's putting a tip jar at the bar because she can't afford what she's hosting. Why should she pay $200 for coffee service and Bailey's? That money should go towards properly hosting her bar.

Does that not make sense?

Anniversary

• sarahufl said:
    sarahufl said:

Yes, I read the thread. And my point was that my entire coffee service was less than 200 bucks, Bailey's included.

Do you not think I can read?
    She's putting a tip jar at the bar because she can't afford what she's hosting. Why should she pay $200 for coffee service and Bailey's? That money should go towards properly hosting her bar.

Does that not make sense?
    Of course it makes sense. And as much fun as it is to endlessly poke holes in other people's hosting plans, it can also be useful to share how you did it yourself.

My point is that if she is hiring some coffee van to come serve coffee but feels she can't afford it, her priorities are out of whack. Of course I want to give her crap about being way out of line, but 1 million people did that before me.

I can read, I assure you.
  • edited June 2015
  • I could take someone on a willy wonka-esque tour of all the good coffee shops around me.
    But you might want to go decaf at half of them, or you could die.

After this thread I'll take my chances.
  • One final suggestion that no one else brought up (not sure the OP is still reading though): there are companies out there that will pick up and deliver your food to you from a restaurant. So you could order 5-10 coffee carafes from Panera/Starbucks/wherever, and for like $15, these companies will deliver them to your venue for you.

I live in the suburbs of Washington DC, and we have at least 5 companies that'll do this for fairly cheap. Plus panera/starbucks/etc give you free cups, milk, and sweeteners with your coffee carafe. 
  • Specifically to your question about other beverages I am supplying ALL BEVERAGES for the 5 hour duration of ceremony and reception. Since the ceremony is outdoors in the middle of summer in southern california there will be water available throughout the WHOLE event, as well as soda, tea, beer, wine and one signature cocktail during the reception. The water and tea will be self service so people can get it as they need it. The coffee was the only oversight as to the beverages.

• The idea of having the bartender turn it on was a great idea, that I did not think of which is why I asked this question so thank you.

• edited February 2015
    I do find it funny that you all have been sitting here arguing with nobody for days. As to the food service it is all self serve and again they will only be there for 2 hours, so having them serve the coffee later on in the evening is not an option. The suggestion of having the bartender flip the switch and make the coffee was exactly what I needed as that thought had not occurred to me. I also don't know where everyone got the idea that I was not tipping the bartender. I am tipping him regardless of what he makes in his jar. The jar is there to save me $300 in hourly wages (will he make that, probably not and I don't expect him to, however if he offers a lower hourly wage for setting out a tip jar that may stay empty all night I will take that lower wage, as I said before I have been to weddings and have had no problem tipping the bartender in a jar on the bar, but I guess I'm not high strung like some people). As to the caterer they are only there for 2 hours so to the few who stated they could serve the coffee, that would not work but thank you for the suggestion.

• Wow, that is much more than I am spending on most items already, so your budget was higher than mine. My DJ is only $500 and centerpieces are being made by hand for about $50. I have been shopping around to get the lowest rates possible due to a low budget, looking at what you spent I wish I had your budget LOL. Thanks for the insight though :)

• Because the wedding is outside in the middle of summer when the weather will likely be in the high 80s-90's I am setting up a table with self serve flavored waters that I am making myself along with iced tea and providing bottled water for people who do not like flavored waters. They got that information because I posted another thread trying to be nice and giving people a link to a deal I got on the water dispensers in case other brides needed them.

• edited February 2015
    This would be a great idea if we were closer to a city. The venue is a 30 minute drive from any store, probably another 30 to a panera, I have looked into the cost of having anything delivered to the venue, most places want to charge way too much for a simple delivery due to the location or simply will not do it at all as it is not cost effective for them. And hahaha I had actually stopped reading a long time ago but was curious...came here to 76 notifications LMAO

• If you're directly responding to somebody you need to hit the quote button. Right now you just look like a raving lunatic.

Hahahaha, thank you. I'm new to this whole forum thing. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards