Wedding Woes

Whoa! Wednesday.

A layout change, eh?  Alright.  I still miss the OG green and our balls, but whatev.

I have to work on my masquerade mask today.  The party is Saturday.  I'm feeling kind of bad for the bday girl because only 8 have rsvp out of 68.

Re: Whoa! Wednesday.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Yeah, I don't know about this color.

I was supposed to have a Mom meeting followed by a steering committee meeting.  Schools are on a 2 hr delay so the meetings are both cancelled.  Now I have to figure out WTF to do today.  The Costco ad doesn't start until tomorrow.   Maybe haircuts and lunch.

DH is in a crazy terrible mood.  I know he's tired and busy but he's snappy and disconnected right now.  We had to have a no phone at the table talk last night.  I know he was checking work, but 30 minutes won't hurt anything.

• It feels so bright!  I'm sitting here blinking at the screen--it feels a little early for all this bright.

What kind of mask are you doing?
  • mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2015
    Wow.  It will take getting used to, but it's OK.  Better than other layout changes they've done. 

DH was in a terrible mood last night.  He came home, yelled at everyone, and left for an hour to cool off.  

DH's boss told him that HR is going to be in town next week and basically gave him 'permission' to throw his director under the bus.  DH is not really sure what he's going to do because if he bitches about the director and nothing happens, well...yeah.  In the real world, people have a way of finding themselves fired if they strike at the wrong time.  

I got stalked out of wal-mart last night (like seriously, he was walking too close...I cut over early to avoid him and he followed) and then he pursed his lips in a kiss face and said "that's a nice ass".  I said, "You're being fucking inappropriate dude." He was surprised.  Also, that whole time? He was on the phone...or at least had it to his ear.  WTF?  I wanted to chuck one of the weights I bought (8lbs) at his head. 
  • Heffalump said:

What kind of mask are you doing?

@heffalump - here are my supplies.  The plan is to cover the white mask with the pink/blush/lace fabric.  If that fails (because the fabric is heavy with a backing - it was with the felt squares but it's not felt), I'll paint the mask black and cover it with that lace in the back of the pic.  Then I'll use the feathers to decorate one of the sides.  DH is just going to wear that gold mask as is.

• Conn, I'm angry for you about the douche in the parking lot.  I hate that crap.
  • I think even 2 or 3 years ago, I would have ignored it.  Avoided eye contact and just gotten the hell out of there ASAP. 

I looked him right in the eye when I shot back at him and stared him down as he walked away.  And I shook like a leaf the whole time I was driving over to get DefConn from daycare.  
  • @mrs.conn, that dude is lucky you didn't throw a weight at him.  How TF do people think this is okay?  And I know what you're saying about mr.conn--it's a tricky situation with HR.  GL and I hope he is less stressed soon.

@taw, like!
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    DH said he might get home by lunch Friday. I have two 30% and 2 $5 coupons for Kohls.  I told him I'm going and getting the kid's Easter stuff. 
  • I guess I know I could pack a punch since I had to buy 8lbs, as 5lbs isn't challenging me anymore.  :) 
  • I just had to shatter Son's dreams of a free PS4.  He showed me on his kindle that he had gone to amazon to compare prices and something popped up saying he'd been selected by amazon to receive one of 3 great prizes.  One was a ps4, one was a gc, and one was an ipad air.

Well he didn't go to amazon's site.  He clicked on an amazon-freedeals something or other site.

Cue another "no one is giving away a free $500" conversation.  At least he's smart enough to show us what he wants to do before he does it. 
  • Ha, Taw.   Sounds like conversations we've had with the kiddo. 

• HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    Random:  our new thermostat arrived yesterday.  DH installed it after he got home from work, and it is pretty.  And it has wi-fi, though we haven't set that up yet.  I was on the elliptical while he was installing it, so I provided the all-important moral support.  (Which was mostly watching House of Cards and occasionally panting "Daaaaaaaaamn."  I was only on episode 3, with the Russian not-Putin president.  "I'd like to push him down the stairs and light his broken body on fire, just to watch it burn."  And the beer pong, oh, the beer pong.) 
  • Oh, and HoC:  I almost wish Doug had died when Rachel bashed him on the head.  If he were a pet, I would have him put down at this point:  there's no quality of life left, just constant misery.  Even though I know it's all pretend, I still cringe when I see him trying to ingratiate himself back into the Underwoods' circle.  "Let the president know I'm ready to return to work whenever he's ready" or whatever.  Dude, no, just no.  You're making me sad.
  • Just wait Heffa.  ;)  Let it play out.  :D 
  • Yeah, Heffa don't go read our HoC thread, it's got some major spoilers in it.

I always wavered between feeling sorry for Doug and wanting to hit him over the head.  He's so needy and has to attach himself to something that pulls him down.
  • VarunaTT said:

Yeah, Heffa don't go read our HoC thread, it's got some major spoilers in it.

I always wavered between feeling sorry for Doug and wanting to hit him over the head.  He's so needy and has to attach himself to something that pulls him down.
    I have been avoiding it, but it's tempting.  Almost as tempting as a syringe full of bourbon.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    You guys I'm so behind, I'm on S1:E1 so yeah, I finished that. I only have what...4 days of nonstop watching to catch up?  :)

I do love the netflix along with CC for working out...I get used to it and weirded out when there is no CC.

Taw---you are far braver than I with that mask business, share finished pics, k?

Conn---that's just gross.  HOW RUDE!

My night:  Horrible.  I ended up waking when H got home from work and then stewed for an hour until he came to bed.  What for?  I could have listed them off with vigor last night, but in the light of day, I feel a little silly.  AND, I slept in a separate room, because I was tossing and turning and just mad.  Not even sure H realized it, that kinda bothers me, but really---DIVA attitude aside, I need to just let myself be mad.

Also, in GOOD NEWS: Our house closed yesterday, and we received proceeds check.  So from offer to close was something like 23 days.  8-O

• YAY for the closing!!  And money!  That's awesome! 
  • Looks like we're in for shitty weather again. It would be awesome if we just had snow, but instead it's going to rain all day then drop to like 11, there will be freezing rain, ice will form then we may possibly have a couple of inches of snow on top of that. I hate being in the weird area between Northern and Southern weather :|.

I'm kinda pissed this morning because I joined a group that's specifically labeled as being for working moms who breastfeed, and there are SAHMs who are in there going on about 'your children are always young once, so you should quit your job because you can always come back to it later'. Oh my god, go to a group for SAHMs. This is a working moms' group. Why are you here. Go away. I called them out for being kinda shitty and they said they've said nothing insulting about working moms. Oh, okay, sure.

• I'm kinda pissed this morning because I joined a group that's specifically labeled as being for working moms who breastfeed, and there are SAHMs who are in there going on about 'your children are always young once, so you should quit your job because you can always come back to it later'. Oh my god, go to a group for SAHMs. This is a working moms' group. Why are you here. Go away. I called them out for being kinda shitty and they said they've said nothing insulting about working moms. Oh, okay, sure.

I'm sorry Juche. That is like every "mom" group around me. They say they are friendly to Working Moms, but it's a lie. I was out right told that I was pretty much a bad mom for sending my kids to daycare by one group. I gave up on that bullshit. I don't have time for that.

I am feeling unmotivated by work this week. I am still recovering from Vegas, but I did get a good night's sleep last night and woke up feeling refreshed. I think part of my problem is that I skipped my meds on Sunday and Monday, and it worked its way out of my system.

I'm irritated at something but I can't put my finger on it. I think tonight, after DD goes to bed, I'm going to go on a run. I don't run on my own ever, but lately I've been feeling an urge to and I think doing it will help this underlying negativity I'm feeling.
  • UGH.  That's BS Juche and PMeg.  That sucks balls. 

I call my other group my 'mom' group, but really we all started out on the knot planning our weddings and have morphed into a mom/married life group. It's been a great and supportive community and there's definitely not an us vs. them situation for anything (sahm vs. working, bf vs. ff).  The only thing we don't have are (vocal) anti-vaxxers (I think everyone does vaccinate, but they don't mention it if they do not). 
  • I knew that there were a lot of SAHMs nearby, but I thought surely there were some working moms. Nope, the ones that work bitch and moan about how they can't afford to quit and stay at home and daycare is horrible and they feel so bad about it, while the SAHMs just judge. Plus, a lot of them are really trashy.

I do have to say though, I am finding people finally. Only took me 5 years, but it's all good.
  • the pared down version of the original mom group that i joined 4 years ago is all working moms. 

we had a few SAHM, who, interestingly enough, could never seem to make any of the GTG. (this is why they are no longer invited/included) I wonder if it was  a question of feeling outnumbered since most of the women worked, or not trusting their S/O to "babysit" the kids while they went out for dinner/drinks. 

There are plenty of groups for SAHM, so I wonder why they feel the need to join the "working mom" group - especially if just to trash the women who choose/need to work. 

the part about going back to your job "later" is some serious BS. People are going to be a lot less likely to hire you once you've taken an extended leave from the corporate world. (I'm talking years, not months.) Chances are you're not keeping up the skills and training needed to do the job as well as someone who has spent the last # of years in that field. you may get a job - but it will probably be outside of your field or at a reduced pay/level than someone who didn't take time off. 

• My husband is able to work from home, and when I told my coworkers that he would be working from home whenever the nanny is sick or if beta is sick and has to stay home from daycare later, I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not allowed to have my husband be the one to stay home because a child always needs their mother when they're not feeling well.

• Gender binary FTW! 

• Oh Sanctimommies.  You be so crazy.  
  • Yeah, joke's on them because I totes would have preferred my dad at home with me when I was sick as a kid, and if our kid is anything like our youngest dog, the kid is gonna prefer husband to me.

• My husband is able to work from home, and when I told my coworkers that he would be working from home whenever the nanny is sick or if beta is sick and has to stay home from daycare later, I was told in no uncertain terms that I was not allowed to have my husband be the one to stay home because a child always needs their mother when they're not feeling well.

so much for all of those male doctors and nurses. 
  • I also have a coworker who asked another coworker if she's ever concerned that her husband will molest their daughter because it's something that's always at the back of her own mind when she thinks about her husband with their children. I almost vomited in pure disgust and upset at that.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards