Chit Chat
Options

Whole 30?

2»

Re: Whole 30?

• Options

Under normal circumstances, I wouldn't see 30 days as that big of a deal. Given that our lives are crazy right now (crazy work/school hours, birthday season in our families, terminally ill family, etc.), I'm trying to set realistic expectations. I've been playing with the idea for a while and realized that there's never going to be an ideal time to do this so we should just dive in.

I like the 80/20 idea. It reminds me of when I first started dating DH-- I'd eat very healthy at home alone but not worry when we were all together. That balance just died when I started living with the boys.

And this is what irked me the most about the Whole30 concept, because normally I'm very much a moderation type of girl. But all the guidelines are very strict about NEVER cheating, or you have to start over, because it's buying into the whole inflammation/sensitivities aspects (which I'm not totally on board with to begin with) so "you don't get the full benefit if you don't go 100% the whole 30 days." Well then, this is just 100% not for me.

• Options
    @lolo- I don't blame you. I'm undecided on the anti-inflammatory piece. I also know that we won't restart from the beginning if we screw up. It doesn't really fit.

We'll see how it goes. In the meantime, my plan is to spend the weekend gorging on birthday cake.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards