Chit Chat
Options

NWR: Stuck under the bed (advice needed)

So last night my wonderful wife got her ass stuck under the bed. I had to lift up the bed while she quickly wiggled out.

Lifting up beds sucks and I'd prefer her to not crush our unborn child under there or anything.

Any ideas or advice on how to keep her from crawling under the bed again and getting stuck?

A little background on why she was under the bed. Something had fallen under there but was too far for her to reach using a hanger. She thought she could crawl under a little and then reach it. She was able to reach but could not crawl back out. 

Re: NWR: Stuck under the bed (advice needed)

• Options
    Lube?

• Options
    lol. Can you put the legs of your bed on risers or those little feet things that give it height so she can fit better? Either that or put a fence around the whole thing so she can't go under at all. 
  • Options

Get her one of those grabber things!  That may also come in handy when she's too pregnant to bend over efficiently.

• Options
    dcbride86 said:

I think her decision making abilities are really a big red flag. Does she normally behave with such reckless abandon? Does she have a drinking problem?

Is it really horrible that my first thought was to make a joke about her drinking for 2? 
    Sweet Jesus that's so offensive! I bet next you're gonna say they should give their future child fruit snacks!!! 

• Options

dcbride86 said:

I think her decision making abilities are really a big red flag. Does she normally behave with such reckless abandon? Does she have a drinking problem?

Is it really horrible that my first thought was to make a joke about her drinking for 2? 
    Sweet Jesus that's so offensive! I bet next you're gonna say they should give their future child fruit snacks!!! 

The fruit snacks with artificial coloring and corn syrup!  It's basically as bad as feeding the child meth.
  • Options
    Pfft, the fruit snack are for us. The kid can have fruit snacks when they get a job and buy them themselves.
  • Options

It's obvious the two of you need counseling. Please set boundaries with her and effectively communicate that it's NOT ok. If she doesn't respect your requests not to crawl under the bed, then you have much bigger problems than just lifting up a bed frame. 

I'm so sorry you're going through this.
    No, I think this is beyond counseling. This is clearly a huge red flag that points to -- not just alcoholism-- but also abuse. Call a divorce lawyer ASAP. 
  • Options

Take away her bed frame privileges until she can agree to stay out from under the bed. Or buy a race car bed. There's no room to crawl under a race car bed and they're kinda cool! image

• Options
    I really think this is a red flag. You should both be in counseling. 

BTW, can you tell me how to put pants on? 
  • Options

Um...no...pants are hard. I gave up on pants.
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

Um...no...pants are hard. I gave up on pants.
    MagicInk said:

MagicInk said:

SITB

MagicInk said:

Wear long boots. Kinda like pants

• Options

amelisha said:

Did you ever see that episode of Full House where DJ is babysitting and the little boy gets his head stuck in the stair railing and, in an attempt to get it free, she and Kimmy absolutely cover the small child's head in butter?

Exactly.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

amelisha said:

Did you ever see that episode of Full House where DJ is babysitting and the little boy gets his head stuck in the stair railing and, in an attempt to get it free, she and Kimmy absolutely cover the small child's head in butter?

I remember watching it and going "I'm never babysitting. Ever." Then wondering how he got his little melon head into the railings if he couldn't get it back out.

• Options

... I want one.
  • Options

This would solve my problem of falling out of the bed...
  • Options

I'm incredibly sorry that you're going through this.  First, you need to remember that this is NOT your fault. 
    PP's are right, this is a huge red flag.  Has she gotten stuck under furniture before?  I, myself, had a dresser incident many years ago.  I turned myself around.  It took the love and support of my family, and knowing they were by my side was vital.  I take it one day at a time.  The sofa is looking super-tempting right now.  I know that one finger slipped under there, and I'm as good as stuck. 
    You need to sit her down and talk to her about how hurtful she's being.  Use "I" sentences.  This is setting the tone for your entire child-rearing experience.  Do you want your spawn to see their mom stuck under the furniture?  What about when JuniorMagic is school-aged?  All it takes is one drawing of mom's legs sticking out from the bed or a sleep-over gone wrong to land that kid in years of therapy. 
    If you can't help her for yourself, help her for the children's sake. 

P.S.  I hear Sarah Mclachlan is penning a special song to champion the cause.  You could also start wearing a "Furniture Brown" plastic bracelet to show your support.

omg I'm crying.... lol!!!
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards