Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday Boozeday

Morning ladies!

I am rather sleep this morning...probably because I was up late finishing these treats to bring to work! Chocolate Guinness cupcakes with Bailey's frosting. St. Patrick's Day was a really good excuse for baking!

Yesterday was crazy at work, so update from my weekend: nice dinner with FILs on Friday, went and got my hair cut on Saturday and ran a couple errands, and FI and I went to see Kingsman. Wasn't exactly what I expected, but we had a good time. Sunday was church, a few more errands, nap, and back to church. The Sunday errands were fun, since they consisted of buying FI's wedding band (!!!) and I bought a couple of new bathing suits for our HM. YAY!

Crazy day at work yesterday, and then FI and I went to look at a couple of "special" cars, since we're thinking about booking one for the wedding. I like one of the old Rolls Royces, FI likes the newer one. So we need to agree on something.

Today's topic questions: Will you be having a drink today for St. Patrick's Day? Do you care about St. Pat's at all, or is it just another day? And if you are having a drink, what's your drink of choice today?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Tuesday Boozeday

• Options

I wanted a Rolls Royce for our wedding so bad but it didn't make sense budget-wise since our ceremony and reception were at the same place, I can't wait to see what you guys pick out!

Yes I will be drinking today, H brought home cherry vodka yesterday so I'll have a few drinks today.

Yesterday was uneventful, I worked, then had to go to a wake for my friend's dad. H had an early shift so we cooked dinner together which was nice. We had ST steak and cheese sandwiches. Then we watched the first and some of the second episodes of The Jinx. I don't think H was into it, I'm watching it when I get home today from work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Options
    I want a cupcake now!

I honestly don't care AT ALL about St. Patty's Day anymore. I will not be having a drink. I very rarely drink anymore so I get drunk way too quickly!

• Options
    @lmcooper86 - I had a Chocolate Irish Bailey's cupcake a couple weeks ago and it was delicious!  I need you to send me one of yours, ASAP please.

I am wearing (unintentionally) a green sweater today, so I will not have to endure any pinching.  I had picked out my outfit last night and didn't even think about St. Patrick's Day!  I guess I lucked out.

I am feeling a little more normal today... I washed my hair for the first time since my surgery all by myself this morning.

Tonight H is taking me to Home Depot so we can get flowers and stuff to decorate the front porch for spring, and some seeds/seedlings to start our garden.  I can't wait.

No drinks for us, but dinner is a casserole I froze before surgery, and it has broccoli, and broccoli is green, so we're kind of celebrating?  I'm really reaching for that.
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 - OMG THOSE LOOK AMAZING! And I'm glad you reminded me I need to wear green today! Also, a Rolls sounds so fun! I've always wanted to ride around in one of those 20s gangster cars, myself.

This is pretty much just another day for me, but I will probably drink some beer tonight. I tend to take it easy on the nights before I run, though.

Nothing exciting on my plate today. My dog has been an asshole all morning. BF is getting a root canal after his shitty dentist delayed his appointment 3 times. I'm excited for him to not be in pain anymore.

• Options

@Imcooper86 - your cupcakes look like they could be in a bakery display case! So pretty...and i'm sure very tasty too!

Will you be having a drink today for St. Patrick's Day?

Nope...I don't think baby would appreciate it as much as I would!

Do you care about St. Pat's at all, or is it just another day?

I used to really love St. Patrick's Day...but anymore I just like the people watching downtown. I am part Irish, so I always wear green.

And if you are having a drink, what's your drink of choice today?

If I were drinking today i'd have an appletini. It's one of my most missed girly drinks...and it's GREEN!

• Options
    lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited March 2015
    I don't care at all about St. Patty's day. Don't hate it, don't love it. I usually forget about it. BUT @Imcooper86 THOSE CUPCAKES! I want. I don't care what holiday it is, if it annoys me or I celebrate it or not, I tend to love the fun themed food. 

Going to visit my parents and brother soon. Ironically, there were a bunch of Art Substitute teacher positions available today. GRR. But, I made these plans and I'm sticking to them! 

I think I might go to Michael's with my mom and buy favor containers. (I'm so oddly excited for this!) I bought a ton of the pastel Easter M&Ms  for our favors. (because, pretty spring colors, and they say "m" on them... Both FI and my first name starts with "M") I need to get the containers to figure out if I've bought enough of them before April comes and they're all gone! 
  • Options
    H got home from work super early and worked from home (mostly because he knew he'd be working ALL night) - so I got to go grocery shopping after work.  I got all the fixings for tonight's Corned beef - I'm going to try to make it in the pressure cooker instead of the slow cooker - hope it turns out!!

I also got the stuff to make ST Shepherd's Pie <LINK> it turned out pretty good - I should have seasoned it better, but that's on me.

Today's topic questions:
    Will you be having a drink today for St.
    Patrick's Day?

Unknown - I will be cooking the corned beef and cabbage though.

Do you care about St. Pat's at all, or is it just another
    day?

I at least make the food

Does a Shamrock Shake count???? Alcoholic:  Baileys would be my choice, I'm not a beer drinker

Anniversary
  • Options
    @Imcooper86 yeah I'm gonna need that recipe :P

I didn't think I was celebrating St Pattys day today... that is until BF texted me, waking me up at 7:45 on my first day off this week to wish me a happy one lol

I'm gonna be taking it easy today I think. Like I said, it's my first day off in a week so I am not really trying to be super busy lol. I don't have a lot of homework this week so I'm gonna do it all today, reorganize my bookshelf so the cat no longer has books on the bottom to knock off at all times, and do some laundry.

Will you be having a drink today for St.
    Patrick's Day?
    Probably, but I don't wanna go to any Irish pubs or anything like that lol crowds aren't really my thing.

Do you care about St. Pat's at all, or is it just another
    day?
    Its just another day. When I turned 21 I really wanted to go all out but two of my three friends I invited to go bar hopping with my cancelled so that kinda ruined it for me. I do usually have a drink with dinner and wear green though just for funsies!

I'm probably gonna share a Guiness with BF. Guiness is my dad's beer of choice and since he lives so far away we have a drink together... just in different states lol. It also happens to be BF's beer of choice too.
  • Options
    We made this Irish Beef Stew (LINK) on Sunday to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  It was sooo good.  I bought some stout at the liquor store and ended up using the whole bottle instead of just a cup.  Whoops! 
  • Options
    @dignity100 You just reminded me that I need a shamrock shake! And also that I don't have any McDonalds near me to procure such a treat. Sigh... those things are amazing.
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @southernpeach89 YAY BABY PEACH IS A PEACH!!!!! I'm stupid excited over this lol. Also I laughed about Maddux's nakedness. Cinders got a pinch this morning too for being naked, she doesn't have anything green to wear. :( I managed to sneak in a pinch on H too before he got dressed for the day, HAH!

@lmcooper86 Those cupcakes look SO GOOD! Please send some here! H and I used a classic 1956 white Bentley for our getaway car. You should definitely go classic car!

Questions!
    Will you be having a drink today for St. Patrick's Day? Yes! I have a bunch of different Irish beers chilling in the fridge for tonight - Guinness, Harp and Smithwick's, noms! H and I aren't whiskey fans so we'll be sticking with just beer.
    Do you care about St. Pat's at all, or is it just another day? Yeah. I have pretty strong Irish heritage, so I always like to do something to recognize the day, even if it's just wearing green. Today I'm wearing my favorite green top and making corned beef and Irish soda bread for dinner tonight. 
    And if you are having a drink, what's your drink of choice today? Already went in to this above, but I'll probably have a Harp or Smithwick's beer tonight.

Aside from today being St. Paddy's Day, we're FINALLY getting our sod installed. They're working in the backyard right now digging up our old lawn and making everything nice and level and smooth and perfect. And then tomorrow the sod gets delivered! YAY!

• Options
    @Imcooper86 - those look delicious!! FI made irish soda bread on Sunday so we're enjoying that. I actually brought a loaf to work today. In terms of drink, i love me some Bailey's...though sadly I don't think we have any in the house. I don't really care about SPD but FI is 1/2 Irish so I humor him when necessary. I made corned beef and cabbage in the crock pot for dinner tonight and I'm wearing a teal (I don't really own much green!) sweater.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @lmcooper86 - I want those cupcakes! 

@Dignity100 - I intended to make the ST Shepherd's Pie and ST Soda Bread on Sunday but never got around to it :( 

Will you be having a drink today for St. Patrick's Day? 
    I sure will be. 

Do you care about St. Pat's at all, or is it just another day? 
    I love having an excuse to drink. Although, I was Irish yesterday and I'll still be Irish tomorrow so it's mostly just another day. I'm not even wearing green. 

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEER

• Options
    Those cupcakes look delicious!!

I am 1/4 Irish, but I don't really 'celebrate' St. Patty's so much as I used to use it as a good excuse to go out and party. Since it's 1) on a Tuesday, 2) I'm 39 and 3) I'm just plain tired, I might have a glass of wine tonight. WOOHOO.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options

@ImCooper86 - I made those cupcakes a few years ago for BF's birthday! SO GOOD!

I'm not a big into celebrating St. Patrick's Day. I'm wearing green today and that's probably going to be the extent of my celebrating.  

• Options

Aw, thanks all. I will take any excuse to bake, and I've been so busy the last few months that I've hardly made anything!

I didn't even answer my own questions...fail.

I might have a drink tonight? I have part of a bottle of wine left, so maybe. It's really just another day to me, but I did wear green earrings to avoid being pinched! I don't care about St. Pat's as much now that I'm not in university lol. But maybe some wine tonight...we'll see!

@buddysmom80 - The extra car is something we both liked the idea of, but held off until we knew number for other stuff. Sounds like it's doable though, and I'd love to have a vintage car since my dress is also vintage!

@lilacck28 - That's my feeling as well, even if I don't celebrate something I will eat the themed food!

@southernpeach89 - That actually made me laugh, I love that your peach is a peach!!

I wish I was making corned beef and cabbage tonight!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @lmcooper86 Your cupcakes just put me in a St Patrick's Day mood. I am a little down because BF is going back to work today so he'll be gone for two weeks straight. We're spending our last couple of hours together before I have to go to work. Those cupcakes look DELICIOUS.

I will unfortunately not be drinking today as I have work from 1-10 but I plan on eating corned beef and cabbage since it is my favorite. I also will not be wearing green since we can only wear black and neutrals at work.

If I was drinking, it would be hard cider or a frozen drink of some sort.

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone
  • Options
    I don't think I've ever heard of being pinched for not wearing green

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes OMG that's hilarious! Poor Indy!

• Options
    @lmcooper86 OMG those cupcakes! Ohhh a Rolls Royce sounds like so much fun!
    @southernpeach89 Awwww little peach is a peach! Also, I LOLed at you pinching naked Maddux. 
    @CocoBellaF I failed you again... didn't get a chance to take pics of my stuff from Loft. :( Traffic was really bad last night, so I got home with barely enough time to eat and change before I had to meet Aud for drinks. I don't have plans tonight, so I'll take pics when I get home. I'm SO GLAD that you are getting better and better each day. Soon you'll be 100% back to normal!
    @KeptInStitches Good luck today!
    @Dignity100 Om nom nom I'm coming over for dinner. :-P
    @TwoDimes OMG INDY!!!! Soooo cute!
    --------------
    I'm wearing green today (on purpose! Don't want to be pinched.), but I'm not drinking tonight. FI and I don't really do too much for St. Paddy's day even though we're both part Irish. Apparently my company is having a "party" at 3pm today to celebrate though. The CEO emailed my coworker who heads the party planning committee yesterday at 3 and told her to go out and buy stuff for today... needless to say, my coworker is very annoyed today lol.

I was texting my cousin last night about meeting up to discuss flowers, and she asked for some preliminary information about the wedding and attire. I told her that FI has his heart set on a three-piece dove grey suit, and my BMs are all wearing plum floor-length gowns. She got all excited and said it would be gorgeous, and then I mentioned that I wanted fall accent colors everywhere, and she was like, "Oh no. That will clash with the dove grey. It will not be timeless." and I feel like my world has been rocked. I never considered how the warm colors would look with the guys' suits... whoops. Now I feel like I have to re-think my colors/theme... blah. I'm meeting her for lunch tomorrow to talk about it more. I think if FI got a darker suit it would work, but I want him to wear whatever suit he wants. I think that's more important than making a color scheme work for a party. 

Anywho, other than that, not too much to report. I'm apparently going to a conference in San Francisco this summer, and it falls on my birthday weekend, so FI is going to tag along. I'm really excited about it. I'm jealous that he'll get to go explore during the day while I work, but it will be so much fun to hang out with him after all of my meetings end. 

Also, my coworker who was out on maternity leave came back today. She just showed me ALL the pics of her cute little girl, and now I need something small and cuddly in my life. Crossing all appendages that I can get a puppy after the wedding shenanigans are over. 

• Options
    @TwoDimes -Indy is obviously smarter than maddux and Cinders and prepared properly for St. patrick's Day. I looked at Maddux this morning and asked, "Maddux, do you know what today is?" Maddux just sat there so obvi he got pinched.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - Love Indy's headband!!  Baxter has green in his collar, but Bella is free game so I guess we'll get her tonight!
  • Options
    eilis1228 said:

@lmcooper86 OMG those cupcakes! Ohhh a Rolls Royce sounds like so much fun!
    @southernpeach89 Awwww little peach is a peach! Also, I LOLed at you pinching naked Maddux. 
    @CocoBellaF I failed you again... didn't get a chance to take pics of my stuff from Loft. :( Traffic was really bad last night, so I got home with barely enough time to eat and change before I had to meet Aud for drinks. I don't have plans tonight, so I'll take pics when I get home. I'm SO GLAD that you are getting better and better each day. Soon you'll be 100% back to normal!
    @KeptInStitches Good luck today!
    @Dignity100 Om nom nom I'm coming over for dinner. :-P
    @TwoDimes OMG INDY!!!! Soooo cute!
    --------------
    I'm wearing green today (on purpose! Don't want to be pinched.), but I'm not drinking tonight. FI and I don't really do too much for St. Paddy's day even though we're both part Irish. Apparently my company is having a "party" at 3pm today to celebrate though. The CEO emailed my coworker who heads the party planning committee yesterday at 3 and told her to go out and buy stuff for today... needless to say, my coworker is very annoyed today lol.

I was texting my cousin last night about meeting up to discuss flowers, and she asked for some preliminary information about the wedding and attire. I told her that FI has his heart set on a three-piece dove grey suit, and my BMs are all wearing plum floor-length gowns. She got all excited and said it would be gorgeous, and then I mentioned that I wanted fall accent colors everywhere, and she was like, "Oh no. That will clash with the dove grey. It will not be timeless." and I feel like my world has been rocked. I never considered how the warm colors would look with the guys' suits... whoops. Now I feel like I have to re-think my colors/theme... blah. I'm meeting her for lunch tomorrow to talk about it more. I think if FI got a darker suit it would work, but I want him to wear whatever suit he wants. I think that's more important than making a color scheme work for a party. 

Anywho, other than that, not too much to report. I'm apparently going to a conference in San Francisco this summer, and it falls on my birthday weekend, so FI is going to tag along. I'm really excited about it. I'm jealous that he'll get to go explore during the day while I work, but it will be so much fun to hang out with him after all of my meetings end. 

Also, my coworker who was out on maternity leave came back today. She just showed me ALL the pics of her cute little girl, and now I need something small and cuddly in my life. Crossing all appendages that I can get a puppy after the wedding shenanigans are over. 

SITB

This is how I feel. I keep hearing "Well, this might look better in pictures.." - crap like that. I DON'T CARE! I don't care if the GM are in the exact same shade of blue, I don't care if my FMIL and grandmother have the same style dress, I don't care if my dad's suit doesn't match GM suits. I don't get what the big deal is but apparently everyone else cares.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    edited March 2015
    @eilis1228 I totally get what your cousin is saying, but I still think you can stick with your orginal dove grey suits and plum dresses and then add in touches of ivory, maybe a pale blush, and tiny bits of orange (I think I had some itty bitty orange roses scattered in some my floral centerpieces). Look at these photos!

ETA: I think what I really love about the top picture is it has some fall leaves, brightly colored hypericum berries, and some sort of pale orangey roses. It still fits your scheme without being too much vibrant colors all together.

• Options

@TwoDimes - Awww poor Indy! I guess Gambit is technically "naked"...but I think if I pinched him I would risk losing a hand.

@eilis1228 - I see no reason why you can't have other fall accent colours, don't re-think the colour scheme you like just because one person thinks it might not work. I'm sure that you and your cousin can find fall colours that will look absolutely fine with the grey suits! She might think you want bright orange and yellow or something; if you're doing plum dresses (I'm mentally in love with this, btw) then the berries that @labro posted would work so well, and maybe pale orange roses? Having a few other colours mixed in with white or creamy flowers would look beautiful against grey suits!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @TwoDimes Here's an example of a BM dress:
    This is the kind of suit FI has been talking about buying:
    And here's what I've been thinking of for flowers/accent colors everywhere:

I was thinking I'd have pumpkins as decorations and basically just have fall accents everywhere. I never really thought about the warm colors with the light grey suits until my cousin pointed it out. 

The table runners at the reception will be plum, and nothing with the fall colors has been purchased, so at this point we could easily change up the colors/theme. I've just been so into the whole fall theme for so long that her telling me the colors would clash blew my mind. I know that in the grand scheme of things, colors are very minor details, so I'm trying to go with the flow.

• Options
    @labro Oh I love that! I definitely see what you mean. We can still do fall foliage and colors, just a bit muted.

@lmcooper86 Well, I agree with her about the clashing. I'd never really looked at the big picture before with the colors. I'm not going to let her push me into one color scheme or another, but I think she has a point about the warm colors with the cool colors. I think if we mute the oranges and yellows (or maybe an old gold?) and add in some ivory, it could definitely work. Plus my venue is a Civil War-era house, so the muted colors and more vintage feel would work really well. Ohhh OK now I'm really excited lol. So glad I posted about this! You guys are awesome.

• Options
    labrolabro member
    @eilis1228 I really love how this is evolving! I'm certainly not one for matchy matchy everything, but sometimes with color I honestly believe less is more, and if stick with your attire and more muted tones with color pops (like hypericum berries, fall leaves and orangey roses) will make a bigger statement than all over bright color.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards