Not Engaged Yet

Monday Shenanigans

2»

Re: Monday Shenanigans

• @lavenderfields13 - I really haven't. Thankfully, my contract ends in April so I only have one more month. I'm also moving in April and there's a gym right across the street from my new apartment. I'm hoping it has a better vibe than the one I'm currently at.

• cu97tigercu97tiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    It's Monday and I already wish it was Friday.... :/

Friday night we went to a wine tasting at DH's CW's house. It was one where you bring two bottles of the same wine, and do a tasting, and whichever wine 'wins' takes home the other bottles, so we got three bottles of Sauvignon Blanc (one was terrible... I'm excited about the other two).

Saturday my parents came into town and we went to an event at the Eagles. It was basically a two-hour random drawing. My mom and my friend came SO CLOSE to winning, but didn't. DH won some money on random scratch-off/pull-tab tickets, so it was a good night all around.

Sunday my parents took us to brunch for our anniversary. Then DH and I chilled out all day, and went to dinner last night to celebrate together, since our actual anniversary is on Tuesday, and our dog sitter couldn't watch the dogs. Dinner was yummy and it was so nice to just sit and chat with DH for an uninterrupted period of time (he forgot his phone and my battery died during dinner). 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@cu97tiger Happy early anniversary! Sounds like your weekend was a lot of fun. H and I always make a point to keep our phones put away when we're on a date night and it's so nice to just have the time to focus on each other.

@TwoDimes Are there any pics of your ring online? Describe what it looks like!

• @cu97tiger Happy early anniversary! It sounds like you had a really nice weekend with family and your H.
  • labro said:

@cu97tiger Happy early anniversary! Sounds like your weekend was a lot of fun. H and I always make a point to keep our phones put away when we're on a date night and it's so nice to just have the time to focus on each other.

I really wish we did this, but more often than not, the phones end up coming out. DH just doesn't seem to understand how even just having the phone on the table can be a distraction. Baby steps :)

• @cu97tiger Happy Anniversary a day early!

Anniversary

• @cu97tiger - Happy early anniversary!

I'm tired ladies.  H and I worked on the house this weekend...backsplash is going up next weekend and then we will almost be done with the kitchen.  I can't wait, I feel like I've been living in a construction zone for 8 months....oh, wait, I have (and we still have our main bathroom to go).  Other than that, I ran errands this weekend and I got H's present for our anniversary in one week (cotton is the theme for your 2nd so he is getting some cotton-y things).  I can't wait for our vacation in three weeks.  Its SNOWING here so, yeah, I'm done with winter.

• @southernpeach89 I would totally buy your wreaths. I'm not very good at DIYing, so if I were to try and imitate any of the stuff you've done, I'd end on Pinterest Fails. 
    @Hummingbird125 I can't believe your shower is so soon! I vote for a tiara!
    @CocoBellaF Your garden sounds awesome! 
    @blue&white Hello, old friend! I'm glad life is great for you and your H. :) We've missed you around here! St. Lucia sounds fabulous.
    @lavenderfields13 Hell to the no on inviting FMIL. I don't think mine would have any desire to go though. She's very conservative. If there's a dinner beforehand, maybe invite her to that if you really feel guilty or compelled to.
    @peaseblossom55 I'm so glad you guys had a great time in the Bahamas! Coming back from a vacation is always so sad. Reality never seems very fun after a week in paradise.
    @allusive007 I'm glad the rocker wasn't difficult to construct! I love the Ektorp chair. It's super comfy. 
    @bethsmiles I hate that you're having such bad luck with trainers. I loved mine so much that she's now a good friend and in my bridal party! It really bums me out that you're being treated so poorly. :( Don't let him make you feel bad-- 4 times per week is PLENTY. He probably has some quota he needs to fill.
    @TwoDimes PRETTY RINGS! I love all the bling. Sounds like you had a fantastic, productive weekend. :) 
    @cu97tiger Happy early anniversary!
    -------------
    This weekend was a lot of fun. On Friday, we went to a friends' house and watched What We Do in the Shadows. EVERYONE MUST WATCH IT! It's hilarious! We laughed so hard. 

Saturday I hung out with @audrewuh all day, and she taught me how to sew! I started sewing a quilt, and I think it's going to be really cute. She was a great teacher and was super patient with me, especially at the end when I ran out of steam and kept screwing everything up. She also cooked me a really yummy dinner. After dinner, we went to see Cinderella with her H and my FI. It was so good! I absolutely loved it. 

Sunday FI and I went to lunch with his parents, his brother, and his brother's GF to celebrate FMIL's birthday. It was fun, albeit interesting. FBIL is a tattoo artist, and FILs are still not 100% on board with it. FBIL showed up with a new tattoo of Hunter S. Thompson on his forearm, and it was hilarious to see him try to explain to his parents why he loves that guy enough to put him on his arm without upsetting them. We also had FMIL look over the guest list for the wedding and rehearsal dinner, and we ended up cutting 4 people from the wedding and then adding 5 lol. Oh well. 

WR things: My mom sent me a text Friday night that basically insinuated she and my step-dad would cover the cost of the rehearsal dinner. I forwarded them all the quotes I'd received, and yesterday my step-dad looked over them and emailed me about them. We've got 2 restaurants we really like, so I'm going to talk to both a bit more and figure out which we like the best. I still have sticker shock about the cost of it all, and I'm really thankful my parents offered to help. FI and I had to redo our budget, and we did the responsible thing and decided not to do a trip to Vegas for our bach parties... we are sooo over budget, and it seemed like a financial burden to our WP and friends, so we're going to stay local. We're bummed about it, but we know we will have A LOT of fun regardless of where we are. 

Oh! and the Spanx I ordered from Zulily for my wedding dress will be delivered tomorrow, so I'm going to call the dress shop today to set up an appointment to try on the dress and make sure everything looks OK.  

I'm so over event planning. 

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    @eilis1228 - The trainer I had before him was so great! I really love going to my sessions with her and then 24 fitness bought out Bally's and she moved to a different gym so I got this new guy. He's alright and this is the first time he's really pissed me off but I still don't really click with him. I do think part of it is just the this gym in particular. I can't really define what it is but I've never been comfortable there the way I have been at other gyms. Only one more month though.

• @lavenderfields13 - If you've partied with her before, then sure. Otherwise, I think it would be weird for your MIL to come, or expect to be invited. My mom came out to the dinner before my sister's bachelorette, but then left when we went out to bars and stuff.

@labro - I love planting new trees! We've given up on fruit trees because none of them seem to survive the direct sun our yard gets. So we've switched to mostly maples and a couple Oregon ash trees. I'm glad you found some at Costco!

@cu97tiger - How do you come "so close" to winning a drawing? Don't you either get picked or not picked?

--------------------------------------------

This weekend was a blast! BF and I cleaned in preparation for most of Saturday, and then I watched the finale of Glee.

That night we had our friends visit with their one year old. They are moving away next weekend, so we're trying to see them as much as possible until then. BF's buddy came down from his hometown and hung out with all of us. We did some drinking, played beer pong and king's cup, and everyone got pretty hammered. His buddy told me that when they hung out alone a few weekends ago my BF wouldn't shut up about me, and that "maybe he knows a little bit more than I do". That made me pretty smiley. Next thing I knew it was 3 in the morning, and I had chain smoked an entire pack of cigarettes. I wasn't feeling great yesterday.

On sunday we watched comedy specials all day, and his buddy and I made BF watch Mean Girls for the first time. I think he only kind of enjoyed it, which was disappointing.

• @bethsmiles I really think he's under pressure to fill a quota. My trainer was at 24 Hour Fitness, and I got to know a lot of the trainers and the fitness manager, and corporate puts a ton of pressure on them to fill ridiculous quotas for new clients each month, number of sessions trained per week, etc. It's unprofessional of him to make you feel guilty and try and up your number of sessions this week, but I guarantee it has nothing to do with you and your progress and everything to do with the gym pressuring him to do more. I'm glad you only have a few weeks left there! I hope the new gym is MUCH more laid back.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@AlPacina To be honest I couldn't believe the price! I wish we had fruit trees. I started an avocado tree last year from a seed and it's about a foot tall now (because it has to stay indoors half the year since it can't survive cool weather AT ALL). H says it's going to die but I want it to live and grow me all the avocados!

@KeptInStitches I can't wait to hear more about your shower!

• @AlPacina yeah, no I do NOT party with my FMIL lol. I'm sure some people have that relationship with the ILs but I don't. She'd love to be my best friend but I really keep her at a distance because I'm just not interested. I'm so mean.My mom on the other hand is fun and I have no issues with her being there.

FI loves Mean Girls haha. Some of the movies he likes really surprise me.

• @eilis1228 - That's good to know! He wants me to go 6 days a week and that's just not sustainable for me. I'm never going to be a fitness nut who goes to the gym every day.

• labro said:

@untouchablets I'm glad you and your BF worked through things. It's not his financial decision, I don't understand why he got so worked up over it.

Me either, and I held my tongue for all of Saturday and most of yesterday until he was driving me home. I didn't want to overreact, but I don't understand this at all. I literally just need him to drive me once or twice a week until I find something, and I want to be done by the end of April and he's talking about being stressed about it. Makes no sense!

@untouchablets - UGH. Sorry you guys fought but I'll keep my fingers crossed you get a car soon!

Thanks! I picked a few that I like in the area and I'm applying for financing at a few places tomorrow so hopefully by the end of next week I'll have picked something, wrap this whole thing up, and have something to drive home!
  • AlPacina said:

@cu97tiger - How do you come "so close" to winning a drawing? Don't you either get picked or not picked?

So this was something called a 'draw-down.' They sell 150 tickets. The first ticket out gets $50. The 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 60th, 70th, 80th, 90th, 110th, 120th, 130th and 140th tickets out get $20. 50th gets $50, 100th gets $100, 150th gets $1,000.

My mom was #139 (one ticket away from 140) and my friend was #146. The last four (147, 148, 149, 150) could choose to split the $1,000 and take home $250 each, or they could choose to just see who got the very last one. So my friend was VERY close to either splitting for $250 or still being in the running for $1,000. I was ticket #113. /longstory

• @cu97tiger - Well hey! That's a new way to do it. I haven't heard of anything like that before.

I've always hated drawings ever since my senior party in high school. Everyone got a prize. I got a 10$ coffee gift card. The kid that stole my iPod the year before? He got a flat screen..... Holy hell, I was mad.

• @TwoDimes - I read that last week and I loved it. Have you read any of her other books? I also really loved Big Little Lies and The Husband's Secret. I need a new book to read now!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards