Chit Chat

Poll - do you peek?

edited March 2015 in Chit Chat
Do you peek at your registry to see which gifts have been purchased?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Poll - do you peek? 83 votes

Never!
7% 6 votes
Once or twice maybe
30% 25 votes
All the time!
62% 52 votes

Re: Poll - do you peek?

• I didn't...but now that it's so close and people are asking where we are registered - curiosity is getting to me!

• This poll would look a lot different if it wasn't anonymous. Hee hee.

Anniversary

• I registry stalked HARD.
  • I checked a few weeks ago to see if stuff was still in stock and saw then.

But I have a teeny-tiny registry because I'm having a teeny-tiny wedding and I don't think we'll be receiving many gifts, so there's not much temptation.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was a hardcore registry stalker. Looking back - I sort of wish that I hadn't, at least not as much as I did.

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I peeked pretty much all the time and had in-depth discussions with my mom over what had been purchased (because she was constantly peeking too). I can never judge anyone for peeking at their registry because I was definitely one of the worst of them!

• It hadn't occured to me to do this until I realized my shower is coming up. I thought oh man I wonder if anyone has gotten anything!? I still haven't looked yet though. 

I'm sure I will check as it get closer. I'm way to impatient. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I did it all the time...but with my baby registry I actually kept a tab open on my iPad and looked at it several times a day
  • I didn't have a registry, so I can't play. :(
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I am fucking awful at this. I do it all the time.

• Yuuuup. Did it for our wedding registry and again for my baby shower registry. Ain't no shame.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I did, only cos people here mentioned it and gave me the idea.  TK is a bad influence on me.  That said, we had a super small registry since we really didn't want gifts.  We only made it for guests like my Granny who would expect one.  We did new towels, some wine glasses and maybe some sheets.  Wasn't much to stalk

• We have a small registry because we're having a small wedding. I really didn't know how much to put on it since I am having a small shower, so I've been taking a peek to make sure there's still stuff on there for the shower. After that (this Sunday!) I don't think I'll look. It'll be less than 3 weeks until the wedding after that!
  • I never did. Not because of should/shouldn'ts or whatever. I just didn't really think to do it. When people said they did, I was like "oh cool" but didn't consider it for myself. Don't really know why.
    *********************************************************************************

• No, but I keep going back to add things that we want to use the completion discount to buy after the wedding, so I see what's going on there. But we didn't have a shower and only told people about our registry by word of mouth, so not much has been bought.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I totally do. At first it was just to make sure there was still lots of options in different price ranges for people to purchase for the shower.

Now I just do it for fun. :)
  • I looked at our registry probably 2-3 times a day! Haha I was terrible!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I don't recall looking at the registry even once after making it.
  • I didn't before my shower - I was very careful to not check at all. Shower came and went with a major snow storm, so over half the people who were supposed to come weren't able to get there! I allowed myself to look the following week, and I've been addicted to looking ever since. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I haven't in awhile. Last time I looked only 3 things had been purchased.

Now I'm thinking I should make myself wait until after my shower next month.
  • I didn't have a registry (small wedding) but my friend's wedding is in April and I went on her registry in December and purchased when everything was on sale. When I gave it to her at the shower last week I wrote in the card "You were probably wondering who the weirdo who bought in December was- it was me!" She opened it and immediately laughed and said "Yes I saw that!"

• I just looked again now. More stuff purchased - I should probably stop until next week!
  • I chose that I check all the time, because that is how I do my thank you notes. We started getting wedding presents within a week of sending out our invitations. I made the mistake early on of writing out a thank you note for a gift and then, the next day, getting another gift from the same person. Luckily I hadn't put the first thank you in the mail and I was able to re-write it. Now I just check the Amazon "thank you list" when I get a gift and make sure I shouldn't expect anything else from the same person. If they sent something else, and I haven't gotten it, I wait until I get all the gifts to send the note. I have stayed 100% on top of thank you notes so far and have sent out every thank you within a week of getting the gift. 
  • Where you not suppossed to look? I totally looked. I had no idea I wasn't supposed to look. 
  • We didn't do a registry.

Had I...honestly, I probably would have mainly forgotten about it.

I have an Amazon wishlist that I share to various people for various things (some platonic, and some...uh..."adult" reasons). I don't tend to check that either, it's more fun to just be surprised at what shows up in my PO box.

• I checked it several times specifically because stuff went out of stock. I then needed to figure out whether to wait for it to come back in or just replace it with something else.
  • Thanks to this thread, I just peeked lol.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• pinkcow13 said:

Thanks to this thread, I just peeked lol.

Me too! I totally just went and peeked. It was fun. I'm going to do it again. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards