Chit Chat

Work Vent.. Please Join Me

We recently were migrated to SharePoint 2013, and by recently I mean yesterday.. The sites are a MESS and I have been granted the pleasure of fixing everything under my department (one problem, I know 2007 not 2013) and to make it worse we never went to 2010 so the migration to 2013 REALLY f'd everything up. I am officially back in school and reading manuals to try and fix everyone's problems.

I also work from home, today was the 3rd time in 4 work days I have had to call IS because I couldn't get in.. apparently there is a world wide issue, we did an upgrade to fix things and now everything is broken, yeah, the IS guy even laughed about that one.

I work for a freaking technology company people! How hard is it to make sure shit works!?

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Work Vent.. Please Join Me

• We are getting ready to implement SharePoint soon - I missed all the on-site training that was offered last week.  Oops. 

My give a damn is completely, utterly broken.  Between the wedding fast approaching, plus knowing I'm quitting in less than 3 months, this is a lost cause.  The only thing that could save me is if the open position in another department could be possibly migrated to a teleworking job since I won't be living anywhere near any of our locations after July. 

• mikenbergermikenberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

We recently were migrated to SharePoint 2013, and by recently I mean yesterday.. The sites are a MESS and I have been granted the pleasure of fixing everything under my department (one problem, I know 2007 not 2013) and to make it worse we never went to 2010 so the migration to 2013 REALLY f'd everything up. I am officially back in school and reading manuals to try and fix everyone's problems.

I also work from home, today was the 3rd time in 4 work days I have had to call IS because I couldn't get in.. apparently there is a world wide issue, we did an upgrade to fix things and now everything is broken, yeah, the IS guy even laughed about that one.

I work for a freaking technology company people! How hard is it to make sure shit works!?
    BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAH 

Fucking hysterical that you post this. My FI is a Sharepoint administrator and he just migrated everybody in the state (He works for the State) to 2013. Sorry. Just makes me giggle. I know it's super frustrating, but just know, I live in a house with one of those people you're calling to fix things :)

I can't get into the building I'm supposed to be working in. So I'm in another building. That has TV. In a room that only 8 people have access to haha and they expect me to work. Crazy people.

• I use SharePoint to administrative agenda packages and minutes for our boards of directors, and it's pretty much the worst, so I feel your pain. It never looks good.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We recently were migrated to SharePoint 2013, and by recently I mean yesterday.. The sites are a MESS and I have been granted the pleasure of fixing everything under my department (one problem, I know 2007 not 2013) and to make it worse we never went to 2010 so the migration to 2013 REALLY f'd everything up. I am officially back in school and reading manuals to try and fix everyone's problems.

Ha I work for a technology company too and you wouldn't believe the stuff I hear. I've had people ask me how to convert stuff to PDFs, how to make graphs in excel, etc. And I'm in marketing so not even a tech person. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was attacked by a spider while driving on the interstate on my way to work. I'm surprised I didn't crash.

And customers. "Why was I charged for this purchase when it hasn't been delivered yet?" Uh, because you still bought it? The credit card company doesn't magically apply charges the day it's delivered.

Anniversary
  • @mikenberger I'm glad you can find some humor in this! I find it funny that we are a massive WW company and there is a team if something is broken but as for formatting and making it look good everyone is kind of in the same boat as me.. My director literally told me "buy whatever you need to learn it" gee thanks. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I hate sharepoint.

I work closely with a person who keeps complaining to my boss that I am failing to inform him of things that I should be sharing. You know who is telling him these things I am not telling him? Me. Because I am telling him. I am beginning to think he exists on an alternate plane of existance where everything is opposite.

• @mikenberger I'm glad you can find some humor in this! I find it funny that we are a massive WW company and there is a team if something is broken but as for formatting and making it look good everyone is kind of in the same boat as me.. My director literally told me "buy whatever you need to learn it" gee thanks. 

That's the worst. If it helps, he's having a hell of a time with it. Seems like there are a lot of issues. Hopefully you'll get some resolution. There's nothing worse than being able to do your job one day and then the next, you can't. 

• One of my students threw up on my shoe this morning.
  • haha..that's what I thought. It's only the third time in 6 years though.  That's not too bad for a primary school teacher.  Luckily I had a pair of boots here, too.
  • @katiekessler123 I think you win.. I'll take my technology issues over vomit any day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @katiekessler that would be like my own personal hell.  Vomit is something I can't handle. Hats off to you.

I have about a million things to do today, and can't focus because I'm hungry.  Then, a form that was originally scheduled for me to return to HR tomorrow (401K stuff) is actually supposed to be returned today? Apparently Thursday is the new Friday?  When I asked HR why today when the due date is clearly tomorrow on all paperwork, her response was, well I just have to have the original in the courier today ( I work in a branch setting).  Glad she let me know that, you know, today, when the courier comes at 2. And my form is at home, so this has highly inconvenienced me, and delayed me getting food that much more.

**RANT OVER**

• I used to work at a real estate company.  Then my real estate company decided to open a title company, so they asked me to come work at said title company.  So I agreed.  We all work out of the same location.  I had my new boss sit down with me on Monday (which was a nightmare 12 hour day because lenders can't get their shit together), to tell me that she heard about my "falling out" with this other girl over on the real estate side.  I told her I had no idea what she was talking about, and that me and said girl are really friendly (she replaced me over on that side).  

Apparently my old manager over there, told the owner of the company (my psuedo boss still, he's the one that wanted me to come work on the title side to keep an eye on things), that I stormed into this girl's office, yelled at her, and said girl came and told him (old manager) that she was going to quit because of it.  Uh... what?  Nothing like that ever remotely happened, and me and girl are still on great terms.  

So yeah, not sure what his deal is.  I also found out that he took an email from a colleague that was giving praise to another girl (his employee), and changed her name to his and forwarded it to a client as part of an email chain.  So yeah, he's pretty much a piece of shit.  Thankfully, everyone over here on the title side is starting to catch on that he's a piece of shit.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • So glad I'm not alone in the super fantastic I love my life work day! But also sorry that you all have problems going on.. Currently I'm going to punch myself in the face if the servers don't pick up some speed.. I am reminded of this, and I fail:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm bored as fuck. That's my rant about work. 

I'm always either swamped with projects to the point I can't even think straight-- or just sitting here trying to waste time fucking around on the internet. There is never a happy medium. 

Also, I used to have to work with SharePoint a lot. I hate it. Seeing that name makes my skin crawl. 
  • So.. is 10:30 too early for lunch and a drink? Sounding pretty good right about NOW!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm at work. 

End rant.

;) 

@katiekessler123 your day is the worstest. Vomit is a thing I cannot handle.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • My work rant is not exactly work related... but this thing happened because of a work event.

Our team went to volunteer at our local foodbank yesterday in the afternoon (which is normally pretty fun).  I'm driving there, and there's a large box truck in front of me.  I see him change lanes quickly, and before I can react, I see this massive piece of what looked like wood flying at my car, and then it crashes into my bumper.

Car seemed to be driving fine, so I drove the rest of the way there, to find this fucking thing that sawed through my bumper.  Just glad it didn't come up higher and hit my windshield!

On a more work related vent, my manager bought a massive bag of chips, and he is the loudest cruncher/chewer ever.  I just want to throw something at him.

I'm feeling unmotivated to do everything I need to, and instead am browsing for wedding shoes.
  • i found my co workers braid under my desk. i am disgusted.
  • mrsk616 said:

i found my co workers braid under my desk. i am disgusted.

YOU FUCKING WHAT?
  • mrsk616 said:

YOU FUCKING WHAT?
    EWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
  • mrsk616 said:

YOU FUCKING WHAT?

stuck in box

she had braids i noticed the other day she took my scissors. well yesterday i turned heater off and it looked like the cord was burnt nope it was her sticking braid. i am disgusted.

• mrsk616 said:

mrsk616 said:

YOU FUCKING WHAT?

stuck in box

she had braids i noticed the other day she took my scissors. well yesterday i turned heater off and it looked like the cord was burnt nope it was her sticking braid. i am disgusted.

WHAT THE FUCKITY FUCK IS THAT SHIT?

Anniversary
  • mrsk616 said:

Clearly you need to put it back on her desk (use a paper towel or something).  Right on her keyboard or something.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • THAT. IS SO. GROSSSSSSSS. 

I honestly would make a supervisor aware that there is a braid under your desk. Hair cuts should not happen in a place of business that is not in the business of hair cutting.
  • Another big one we have is finger nails.. everyone clips them at work since we type all day.. I don't get it, clip them at home before they click on the keyboard? 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • we share a desk as she is the night receptionist. maybe tomorrow ill be brave enough to pick it up on put it on the desk for her to find saturday
  • I feel much better about my workplace. No fingernail clippings, no random braids...

I did get a little kid's shoe left once. And plenty of hats and gloves when it was so cold. But never anything cut off a person's body.

Ew.
  • ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    I used to have a coworker who was constantly biting her fingernails and flinging them behind her.

I sat behind her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards