Chit Chat

I just almost punched an employee: a cautionary tale.

2»

Re: I just almost punched an employee: a cautionary tale.

• I'm sorry but I really find this disturbing. Your coworker had to physically hold you back and you tried to shove him off you? You made a verbal interaction physical. As an employer that's wildly inappropriate unprofessional conduct. Absolutely take whatever steps you need (firing him, reporting to police etc) but I think you should take this as a serious sign that you need to get your rage under control.

LOL. I don't need to get my rage under control. I never made it physical. You, as usual, are reading WAY too much into this. 

SITB as usual

Climbing, I would have taken it way farther than you did if I was in this situation. You don't mess with someone's family. I would have chucked something across the room at the guy and then attacked him.

Exactly my thoughts. 

You don't threaten someone's family, much less an elderly lady. 
  • I'm little....but I fight dirty. Boy would've been running if he was talking shit about my grandma.
  • A coworker had to restrain me once. After a male coworker PUNCHED ME. I'll join you in that rage therapy, I guess.

• I mean, my typical work day in general fills me with rage. 

If you mess with me at work, there are no guarantees you won't be decapitated or castrated. 

• That is absolutely crazy!  Who does that?  I am sorry you are having such a shitty day.
  • maeday2 said:

I mean, my typical work day in general fills me with rage. 

If you mess with me at work, there are no guarantees you won't be decapitated or castrated. 

This is also true for me.  Would have reacted the same way @climbingwife.  Both sets of my grandparents are gone now, but I was EXTREMELY protective of them while they were here.  That crap just doesn't fly with me.  So not cool, and how cowardly of him..

**Hugs** and hope your day gets better.

• I'm of the mind that you never, ever, ever, put a coworker into a situation where they feel they need to physically restrain you from going after someone. But if that's professional conduct in your field have at it.

I'm of the mind that "professionalism" in and of itself isn't really a virtue. If Climbing had done something that could have resulted in her being fired, then she would have to deal with those consequences... but sometimes there are more important things. Sometimes, fuck professionalism.
  • Kahlyla said:

I'm of the mind that you never, ever, ever, put a coworker into a situation where they feel they need to physically restrain you from going after someone. But if that's professional conduct in your field have at it.

I'm of the mind that "professionalism" in and of itself isn't really a virtue. If Climbing had done something that could have resulted in her being fired, then she would have to deal with those consequences... but sometimes there are more important things. Sometimes, fuck professionalism.
    The owner, my boss, saw everything. He was more concerned about me, and was the one that insisted we call the cops over the threat. And he was just as angry as I was. He also wanted to call my husband. So I don't need to be worried about losing my job. 
  • Yikes. Good for Justin. But I definitely would have wanted to do the same thing if someone I was close to was being threatened by someone I was firing a especially an elderly or otherwise vulnerable person.
  • edited June 2015
  • I'm of the mind that you never, ever, ever, put a coworker into a situation where they feel they need to physically restrain you from going after someone. But if that's professional conduct in your field have at it.

Well, I am of the mind that you never threaten someone's family, especially a frail 93 year old woman. The scene you're probably dreaming up in your head I'm sure is wildly different from what actually happened. 

This. Don't threaten my family. And don't you dare threaten my Granny!! People that threaten or belittle or abuse old people can suck it. I will never understand someone threatening or actually hurting the elderly. It gets my blood boiling!
  • I hit a guy once. He pushed me down and I saw red. It happened so fast I didn't even know what was happening until after I had punched him in the face. I don't regret it. Dude fucking deserved it and he can fuck himself. 

OP, I'da done the same thing. Maybe I can join this anger management class we all seem to need. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Well, all of you that agree with me, you better seek professional help! You're clearly all full of rage! 

All I'm picturing is you taking off your earrings, putting your hair up into a bun, throwing down your shoes(One time that happened and my sister had to hold me back). If that was me it would be The Knot and Hip-Hop. His ass would've been on the floor, dragged to filth with small threats. 
    Oh and @Starmoon44, really????

eyes.gif 1017.2K

Live fast, die young. Bad Girls do it well. Suki Zuki.

• Don't fuck with climbinggranny.
    What a motherfucker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards