Chit Chat
Options

What are you reading right now?

13»

Re: What are you reading right now?

• Options
    littlepep said:

I love these threads so I can get ideas for my next book(s), so thank you. 

I just finished reading the unabridged Count of Monte Cristo. Loooved it.... 

Now I'm starting Divergent. DH and I picked up the movie randomly at Redbox recently and liked it so much we saw Insurgent the first weekend out in theatres. Now I'm going to read the trilogy. 

My Kindle won't stop recommending Liane Moriarty so I guess I'll have to check those out if y'all say they're good too!  
    I loved Divergent and Insurgent. I heard the third book is awful though so I still haven't read that one. I kind of want to but then again, it's pretty long and I don't want to waste my time.
    ugh thanks for the reminder of a unfinished book. lol yes it sucked i think i only got so far and stopped.
  • Options
    mrsk616 said:

littlepep said:

Now I'm starting Divergent. DH and I picked up the movie randomly at Redbox recently and liked it so much we saw Insurgent the first weekend out in theatres. Now I'm going to read the trilogy. 

My Kindle won't stop recommending Liane Moriarty so I guess I'll have to check those out if y'all say they're good too!  
    I loved Divergent and Insurgent. I heard the third book is awful though so I still haven't read that one. I kind of want to but then again, it's pretty long and I don't want to waste my time.
    ugh thanks for the reminder of a unfinished book. lol yes it sucked i think i only got so far and stopped.
    More than anything, the third book just pissed me off. If you finish it, I'd be interested to know if you all feel the same. 
  • Options
    abcdevonn said:

mrsk616 said:

littlepep said:

More than anything, the third book just pissed me off. If you finish it, I'd be interested to know if you all feel the same. 
    ill put it on my list. i have a list of books that will take me awhile to read. The girl you left behind, monuments men, deja dead, mightier than the sword, virals, devil in the white city
  • Options
    mrsk616 said:

littlepep said:

HA you did better than me. I have an unopened book sitting at my house still. I kind of feel like I should donate it but then I don't want other people to have to read a shitty book either. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    littlepep said:

mrsk616 said:

littlepep said:

HA you did better than me. I have an unopened book sitting at my house still. I kind of feel like I should donate it but then I don't want other people to have to read a shitty book either. 
    i have a few on my kindle...started never finished. abraham lincoln vampire hunter, devil in the white city, said book we are taking about, cuckoo's calling gone girl, zoo by james patterson to name a few.
  • Options
    mrsk616 said:

littlepep said:

mrsk616 said:

littlepep said:

i have a few on my kindle...started never finished. abraham lincoln vampire hunter, devil in the white city, said book we are taking about, cuckoo's calling gone girl, zoo by james patterson to name a few.
    You didn't finish Gone Girl? I couldn't put it down, but then at the end I was so pissed. I hated everyone in the whole book. 

I'm pretty good about finishing books though. I mostly stay up all night trying to finish. But if I start and don't get back to it fairly quickly, I'm never getting back to it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    littlepep said:

mrsk616 said:

littlepep said:

mrsk616 said:

littlepep said:

You didn't finish Gone Girl? I couldn't put it down, but then at the end I was so pissed. I hated everyone in the whole book. 

I'm pretty good about finishing books though. I mostly stay up all night trying to finish. But if I start and don't get back to it fairly quickly, I'm never getting back to it. 
    i made the mistake of renting the movie before reading. maybe ill try again after i get through my read list. i finished the girl you left behind last night. amazing book. im running out of jojo moyes books.. so i went on to read the clifton chronicle book and realized i needed to finish the one before it. which by the way i never finished and i have no idea why. so i had to add another book to that list to read. but i am a fast reader so ill be looking for new ones to read before you know it.
  • Options

I finished reading the A Song of Ice and Fire series last year and I seriously felt like I had scaled a mountain. And then I heard my 17-year-old cousin say "I read those books in two weeks!" and other people saying, "I'm going to read the series again before the new season comes out! I do it every year!"

Meanwhile, I'm just like,

Currently re-reading LOTR with "The Devil Wears Prada" and "Revenge Wears Prada" as palate-cleansers in between. Next fantasy on my list is the Sword of Shanara series and the next non-fantasy books on my list are "Eleanor and Park" by Rainbow Rowell and "The Night Circus."

Did you Divergent readers hear that they're splitting "Allegiant" up into two movies?image

I really wish they'd stop doing that.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    kns1988 said:

I just finished This is Not Chick Lit. It was a collection of short stories by women writers, and they were some of the best short stories I've ever read. 

The Night Circus was one that hit the top seller list last year; it was really great and stuck with me. I wanted another circus story after that so I read Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. It was excellent and creepy.

I started reading Life of Pi last week, but I can't really get into it. I don't know if it's overrated or if I just don't care for it because I'm not a big animal person. I might drop it for something else.
    So funny! I read Water for Elephants and still wanted something circus-y to read so I bought Night Circus. Just started it but so far, so good.

I also just finished Lianne Moriarty's books (Big Little Lies was my fav) and Gillian Flynn's two other books besides Gone Girl: Dark Places and Sharp Objects which I really liked. Definitely twisted like Gone Girl, but thrilling reads. Girl on the Train was awesome.

I'm also a huge sucker for young adult dystopian series: Hunger Games, Divergent, Delirium, Maze Runner, The Selection.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    ... @princessgracekelly Allegiant doesn't deserve 1 movie, much less 2. 

I fucking hated that book. It was the worst book I ever read.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

HAHA. Comments like these are why I have yet to crack the book open. I'd rather live with the open ending of book two than be pissed and waste my time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kns1988 said:

I just finished This is Not Chick Lit. It was a collection of short stories by women writers, and they were some of the best short stories I've ever read. 

The Night Circus was one that hit the top seller list last year; it was really great and stuck with me. I wanted another circus story after that so I read Something Wicked This Way Comes by Ray Bradbury. It was excellent and creepy.

I started reading Life of Pi last week, but I can't really get into it. I don't know if it's overrated or if I just don't care for it because I'm not a big animal person. I might drop it for something else.
    The Night Circus was AMAZING. I would definitely recommend that book. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    littlepep said:

HAHA. Comments like these are why I have yet to crack the book open. I'd rather live with the open ending of book two than be pissed and waste my time.
    Seriously, just look up the plot on Wikipedia and save yourself some time. Veronica Roth wrote herself into a corner. And possibly a straightjacket.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options
    Thanks for reminding me to finish my book. I'm so glad I did. I just read The Book Thief. It was an amazing book. I enjoy books that reduce me to a lake of tears. If a book is about the holocaust, slavery, or the oppression of women, I am drawn to it. These books remind me of our horrible past, how far we have come, and how much further mankind has to go.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards