Wisconsin
Options

Non-Cheesy Milwaukee DJs

I'm going to throw it out there that I'm not a fan of wedding DJs. If one more cheeseball calls all the women on the floor for "Single Ladies" one more time, I might just collapse.

With that said, do any of you Milwaukee-area ladies know of chill wedding DJs?

Also because I'm a big rookie - on average how much should a basic DJ setup cost? This is important because my fiance and I are locked in a "let a friend play an iPod" vs. "maybe a professional should handle it" debate right now.

Re: Non-Cheesy Milwaukee DJs

• Options
    Jennavive2Jennavive2 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2015
    Milwaukee Airwaves. I garuntee they will not be cheeseball. I know the owner and cheesy DJ is just not his style! The only reason we're not hiring him is becuase we want a live band. 

I'd plan on spending between $1,200-1,600. That could also include some basic uplighting if you wanted. 
  • Options
    The best part about DJ is that they are also the masters of ceremony. They read the crowd, get everyone excited, and can set the right mood for your reception. I love technology, but wouldn't let it run this important of an event. That being said, Jennavive2 is dead on about price. I love BR productions out of Racine or the Scottish DJ (www.scottishdj.com I think). Allan is amazing. Just make the no-cheesy rule apparent from the start and stick to your guns.
  • Options
    We are using Sound by Design and have seen them at two of our friends weddings and I wouldn't call them cheesy.  They also allow you to give them a list of wanted and unwanted songs.  I agree on the budget provided above. 
  • Options
    I second who @mrscinema mentioned: Alan from Accent Events- www.scottishdj.com. He will be perfect for what you are wanting! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards