Moms and Maids

Bridesmaids Makeup

Re: Bridesmaids Makeup

• Well, she actually picked the yellow dress and I asked her multiple times how she felt about the color before ordering.
  • I had been planning on putting the girls in green dresses and having yellow flowers, but she really wanted the shape of the yellow dress and it didn't come in the same green. So now 2 of my girls are in green and two are in yellow, and she decided on the yellow. I have actually been very open to suggestions and opinions through this process. This is the first time that I feel like a small detail is driving me crazy.
  • Here are some pics of girls in yellow dresses and red lips...I personally think they all look fantastic.  Would you think that any of them would ruin your photos?

• See, I think Kim Kardashian's doesn't look all that great. HOWEVER, I think the girl in the last picture looks nice. Who is that? Her coloring is sort of similar to my MOH...if I could find a color like that, maybe she'd be willing to wear it? It's got enough pink to it that I think it might avoid stoplight syndrome...
  • lovegood90lovegood90 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015

See, I think Kim Kardashian's doesn't look all that great. HOWEVER, I think the girl in the last picture looks nice. Who is that? Her coloring is sort of similar to my MOH...if I could find a color like that, maybe she'd be willing to wear it? It's got enough pink to it that I think it might avoid stoplight syndrome...

What's spotlight syndrome? Are you actually worried that she'll "steal" the spotlight from you?

ETA: Just realized you said stoplight, not spotlight. Seriously though, GET A HOBBY. Stop worrying about this, you are being seriously ridiculous and you sound unhinged.

Formerly martha1818

• OH FFS.

Stop talking about goddamn stoplights. It will not look like a fucking stoplight.

Not one person besides you will notice or care. And if your pretty, pretty pictures mean more to you than your MOH's ability to feel comfortable in her own makeup, you need to think about how good of a friend that makes you.

• Okay so not one of my bridesmaids have the same complexion. Or hair color for that matter. Literally, none of them. So guess what? They will all be doing their makeup how they feel best and how they think compliments the dresses best. With that said, there is a very good chance that my sister will have bright red lips. My best friend will probably have a smokey eye. I'll be shocked ifFSIL wears anything other than chapstick. Why? Because that is how they wear their makeup. 

Your pictures are going to look if everyone is happy. Happy=smiling=good pictures. Don't ask your MOH to wear a lipstick that she doesn't like or isn't comfortable in for the sake of pictures. Honestly, some photographers say to go a tad heavier on makeup for pictures anyway. Please do not stress over this. Let your friends wear what they want. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • See, I think Kim Kardashian's doesn't look all that great. HOWEVER, I think the girl in the last picture looks nice. Who is that? Her coloring is sort of similar to my MOH...if I could find a color like that, maybe she'd be willing to wear it? It's got enough pink to it that I think it might avoid stoplight syndrome...

I am sorry but you are completely absurd.  Why are you so hell bent on being so damn controlling over a fucking lipstick color?  

And what the hell is stoplight syndrome?  Because your wedding colors are yellow and green and you think her wearing red on her lips (a very small piece of her entire face and entire look) will make her look like a stop light?  Again, absurd.

Holy crap, OP. Let. It. Go. Why on earth are you picking out the shade of her lipstick?

Seriously don't bring this up to her again or hint at a specific color or you're going to sound like a crazy pants!
    *********************************************************************************

• Just popped in here to say that a few of my bridesmaids didn't wear ANY makeup at all. They usually don't in their everyday lives. You know how my pictures came out? Awesome. Everyone was smiling, happy, and looked beautiful like themselves. Please let this one go. There will be more important things to worry about along the way, trust me.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I had been planning on putting the girls in green dresses and having yellow flowers, but she really wanted the shape of the yellow dress and it didn't come in the same green. So now 2 of my girls are in green and two are in yellow, and she decided on the yellow. I have actually been very open to suggestions and opinions through this process. This is the first time that I feel like a small detail is driving me crazy.

You are absolutely correct. You are being crazy. So stop it. Now. 

• But guys, she totes doesn't want people looking like this at her wedding:

Just kidding. Take a chill pill girl.
  • edited June 2015
  • You can't be serious, OP.  Let it go. 

• Yellow and red together? Oh no! Not this very common pairing!

You need to let this go. On the scale of things that can go "wrong" during a wedding, this is so small a blip it can't even be heard by dogs.
    And if you think red lips will be that distracting in your photos / during the wedding, you sure think very little of how you will look / how your wedding will go.
    Again, we're talking about one person's mouth. That's it.

OMG!  Am I supposed to stop or go or yield?  Does this mean when I come across this person at the wedding, I have to look both ways before I cross her path?  Do I have to stop and let all other cross traffic go ahead of me to the restroom if I come across her on my way to piddle?  What do I do?  WHAT DO I DO?!

Seriously, OP, you have crossed the line into madness. I looked at about 100 pictures in that link and they all looked fabulous (unless what you're really worried about is that she'll look more fabulous than you, which is the only reason why I think you keep persisting with this whole stoplight nonsense).  Not one of those pictures made me think of a stoplight.  And Michelle Williams and Taylor Swift both rocked those red lips in those pictures.  Honestly, the only ones I thought didn't look good?  The ones that snuck through with nude or pale lips.  They looked seriously washed out.  Because yellow has a tendency to do that.

If this is honestly what you stress over, then I want your charmed life because I would love to have my BFF wearing red lipstick be the only thing happening in my life to cause stress.

• edited June 2015
  • @jacques27 I am not so much worried about her looking "better" as her looking distracting (I know most of my guy friends find her hotter than me and I am actually okay with it it's always been that way). I worry that if she is the only one wearing a lot of makeup or a bright lip that it will look out of place, and my other bridesmaids and myself tend to go for a less made up look. Unfortunately this is not the only thing in my life to stress over however it was one of the things I have been worrying about and one that a wedding board might actually be valuable. This post has been helpful overall after I waded through all the sarcasm though. It is important to keep things in perspective and I won't make a scene even if she wears red lipstick. I WISH there was a polite way to do this but you all have proven to me that there is not so I am just trying to deal. I figure I will probably be so distracted the day of that I won't really notice.
  • I would consider myself a high stress person yes. And sometimes my worries are misplaced. I am one of those people who they're talking about when they say most of the stuff you worry about doesn't even happen. However I must also be bad at expressing myself on the internet because I actually don't feel that bad about this anymore. I guess when I say stressed I mean "I have thought about this." The one not helpful thing about posting here is that I keep thinking about it. I am going to have to get off of here to truly let it go I think.
  • It's a lipstick color. If anyone comes to witness you say your vows to your FI and gets distracted by a lipstick color, that's on them. They would also likely be distracted by things like butterflies, guests' perfume, funny shaped clouds. It's makeup. Let it go. 

• (I know most of my guy friends find her hotter than me and I am actually okay with it it's always been that way).

Really? If you didn't care, you wouldn't have even brought this up. Obviously you DO care.

You're getting married. Why on earth do you care if "other guys" find her hotter than you. Does your FI find her hotter than you? No? Then WHO CARES? This is supposed to be a moment with "other guys" cease to matter.... 
    *********************************************************************************

• Fuck fuck fuck now I'm required to rent and rig up a spotlight when I get married? Dammit, BF and I wanted something simple in the backyard when decide we're ready, and now we have to figure out that pesky spotlight thing. Do I have to hire someone to run it or can it be stationary. Also, if it's a daytime wedding outside won't a spotlight be pointless?

And why is no one else alarmed that spotlights have developed independent thought and are attracted to red lipstick???!!!!!

• http://www.herheartlandsoul.com/wedding-recap-guys-and-girls-before-photos/

If you scroll down, you will see an example of the MOH wearing red lipstick and the rest in more natural colors.  Doesn't look that bad... I almost think it makes the girl stand out as MOH.  I actually envy the girl who can pull off red lips.  I have never been able to (but I also never had this done professionally) 
  • klk111415 said:

http://www.herheartlandsoul.com/wedding-recap-guys-and-girls-before-photos/

If you scroll down, you will see an example of the MOH wearing red lipstick and the rest in more natural colors.  Doesn't look that bad... I almost think it makes the girl stand out as MOH.  I actually envy the girl who can pull off red lips.  I have never been able to (but I also never had this done professionally) 
    I hardly noticed the red lipstick, until I remembered that was why I was looking at the pictures in the first place. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards