Chit Chat

5 Reasons We Can't Handle Marriage Anymore

Re: 5 Reasons We Can't Handle Marriage Anymore

• One of my "friends" posted it (I use that term loosely... she's an acquaintance from middle school) and one of her friends commented: "Main one: they've left God out of their marriage. A covenant marriage is held together by the Lord. A 3 strand cord us not easily broken. Thankful for my husband who loves the Lord and his family. 25 years next month"

So FYI, if you're not Christian, your marriage is doomed.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• One of my "friends" posted it (I use that term loosely... she's an acquaintance from middle school) and one of her friends commented: "Main one: they've left God out of their marriage. A covenant marriage is held together by the Lord. A 3 strand cord us not easily broken. Thankful for my husband who loves the Lord and his family. 25 years next month"

Well fuck me, we're getting divorced as soon as we get married. I'll call my parents tonight and tell them to divorce (18 years) and of course FI's moms better start working on their divorce papers (almost 30 years). Cause without Jesus, we're just about to be divorced.
  • I hate all of the articles like this that make the rounds on FB. This guy especially sounds like an ass. These problems are pretty damn specific and clearly more of a personal problem than something that can be generalized.

I'm really not a fan of people blaming their relationship (any relationship) problems on technology. If you see a problem with how much you use it, then make a change. But if you make the change and choose to be a sanctimonious asshole about it who continually posts articles/videos/whatever on FB about how technology is ruining everything I'm going to be judging you.

Well, we tied four cords together during the handfasting at my wedding. Is that better or worse than a 3 strand cord?
    ~*~*~*~*~

Well, we tied four cords together during the handfasting at my wedding. Is that better or worse than a 3 strand cord?
    Sounds pretty stable to me. Four should be stronger than three...right?
  • The reason behind his divorce also couldn't possibly be the fact that he cheated on her.  Of course not.  IT WAS FACEBOOK!!@1!!!!

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

One of my "friends" posted it (I use that term loosely... she's an acquaintance from middle school) and one of her friends commented: "Main one: they've left God out of their marriage. A covenant marriage is held together by the Lord. A 3 strand cord us not easily broken. Thankful for my husband who loves the Lord and his family. 25 years next month"

Clearly that fourth cord was the marriage killing cord. Your marriage might not even be valid - DO OVER!

Sounds pretty stable to me. Four should be stronger than three...right?
    I would think so, but handfastings are pagan - not Christian.

One of my "friends" posted it (I use that term loosely... she's an acquaintance from middle school) and one of her friends commented: "Main one: they've left God out of their marriage. A covenant marriage is held together by the Lord. A 3 strand cord us not easily broken. Thankful for my husband who loves the Lord and his family. 25 years next month"

Clearly that fourth cord was the marriage killing cord. Your marriage might not even be valid - DO OVER!
    Oh shit, better get going on my PPD! 

It's totally okay to have a potluck and cash bar this time since I fully hosted my apparently invalid wedding, right??
    ~*~*~*~*~

• levioosa said:

The reason behind his divorce also couldn't possibly be the fact that he cheated on her.  Of course not.  IT WAS FACEBOOK!!@1!!!!

Did he really? I re-read the article and didn't see it, but admittedly it disgusted me so much that I had a hard time getting through it. It's only more condescending the second time around.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

levioosa said:

The reason behind his divorce also couldn't possibly be the fact that he cheated on her.  Of course not.  IT WAS FACEBOOK!!@1!!!!

Did he really? I re-read the article and didn't see it, but admittedly it disgusted me so much that I had a hard time getting through it. It's only more condescending the second time around.
    All the bits about being a "sexual person," constantly seeing half naked hotties all over social media, and general refusal to take responsibility for his own actions screams cheater to me. 

ETA: Thoughts
  • levioosa said:

All the bits about being a "sexual person," constantly seeing half naked hotties all over social media, and general refusal to take responsibility for his own actions screams cheater to me. 

I got a similar vibe while reading that article. Some parts of it just screamed "But there's too much temptation to cheat!" plus the whole he's such a sexual person and can't get any at home stuff. I wouldn't be surprised if he cheated and this article was a way of justifying it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I had the same thoughts as many of you. I agreed with certain things and disagreed with many too. But I think his point about technology is important. Lately FI and I don't text as much as we used to and I like that it gives us more time to talk and spend together together in person. But I hate that sometimes FI spends a lot of time stuck on his phone, and I take it away or joke for him to put it down and for us to spend quality time. 

But marriage and relationships are hard work and it requires many attributes that are being obtained further on in life along with certain degree of maturity. 

• MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    edited April 2015

levioosa said:

I've heard this reasoning for cheating before. I fucking hate it. 

I had a now former friend actually message me and ask me to take down some selfies I had up of me in a bikini. Just a normal bikini. Not like naked and giving some dude a BJ. Just chilling by the pool, red cup in hand, rocking a bikini. She asked me to please remove the images because I was friends with her and her husband on FB and he didn't need  the "temptation" of seeing me like that. Her husband had cheated on her twice before with girls he met on line and she was afraid he'd be tempted to cheat with me.

I may have kind of flown off the handle with her. 1) I know he's married, I don't fuck married dudes. Especially not dudes married to my friends, 2) if he's on-line trying to bang other girls it's not the other girls fault, it's his fucking fault he's the one who is fucking married, 3) why you still with a dude who stuck his willy in another girls fun palace not once but twice. You need therapy for your apparently shockingly low self esteem.

She told me I needed to reevaluate my relationship with God and that it was a woman's duty to help keep men's minds pure. So I unfriended her and her husband and stopped talking to them IRL too. Don't fucking slut shame me and play the men can't control themselves card.

WTF? Does she cover her entire body on the daily?

Image result for conservative dress

• levioosa said:

I had a now former friend actually message me and ask me to take down some selfies I had up of me in a bikini. Just a normal bikini. Not like naked and giving some dude a BJ. Just chilling by the pool, red cup in hand, rocking a bikini. She asked me to please remove the images because I was friends with her and her husband on FB and he didn't need  the "temptation" of seeing me like that. Her husband had cheated on her twice before with girls he met on line and she was afraid he'd be tempted to cheat with me.

I may have kind of flown off the handle with her. 1) I know he's married, I don't fuck married dudes. Especially not dudes married to my friends, 2) if he's on-line trying to bang other girls it's not the other girls fault, it's his fucking fault he's the one who is fucking married, 3) why you still with a dude who stuck his willy in another girls fun palace not once but twice. You need therapy for your apparently shockingly low self esteem.

She told me I needed to reevaluate my relationship with God and that it was a woman's duty to help keep men's minds pure. So I unfriended her and her husband and stopped talking to them IRL too. Don't fucking slut shame me and play the men can't control themselves card.

Wow. The fact that she was that paranoid about him cheating should have told her enough about her relationship. It sucks she tried to pin her and her husband's hang-ups on you. 
  • edited April 2015

levioosa said:

Wow. The fact that she was that paranoid about him cheating should have told her enough about her relationship. It sucks she tried to pin her and her husband's hang-ups on you. 

________box box box________________

Did she, by chance, share that inane "I don't wear leggings or yoga pants so as to not tempt men" article on social media?

**Clearly the update did nothing about the box problem**

She might have. I remember our mutual friend sharing it and saying "this is such bullshit" and her trying to defend it. Naw baby girl. If he can't keep his penis in check that's really a him problem. Not a me problem. 

Hell my FI goes to strip clubs and manages not to bang anyone else. Lord only knows how he controls that penis of his.
  • littlepeplittlepep member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

levioosa said:

Did she, by chance, share that inane "I don't wear leggings or yoga pants so as to not tempt men" article on social media?

She might have. I remember our mutual friend sharing it and saying "this is such bullshit" and her trying to defend it. Naw baby girl. If he can't keep his penis in check that's really a him problem. Not a me problem. 

Hell my FI goes to strip clubs and manages not to bang anyone else. Lord only knows how he controls that penis of his.
    BOX________________

Honestly. If you don't trust your SO to not cheat on you, WTF are yall doing together?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ashley8918ashley8918 member
    edited April 2015

levioosa said:

______FUCK THESE FUCKING BOXES__________

Mine watches PORNZ and goes to dance clubs without me (because I hate them). I'm obviously asking for trouble.
  • levioosa said:

There is another article which is an open letter to his wife from when they got divorced. 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2890859/I-lost-piece-never-Writer-s-emotional-open-letter-ex-wife-seeking-closure-painful-divorce-met-criticism-readers-accusing-selfish.html

He says he isn't proud of what he did and he regrets that he "can't undo" it.  The way it's stated kind of makes it sound like cheating. 

• @ashley8918 at any second his penis is going to wander off and crawl into some slutty yoga pant wearing girl's vagina.

Hell it might crawl into my vagina with all my bikini pictures roaming around.
  • @ashley8918 at any second his penis is going to wander off and crawl into some slutty yoga pant wearing girl's vagina.

HOMEWRECKER!

HOMEWRECKER!

I can't get the image of a penis with legs running around chasing someone out of my head so thanks for that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

HOMEWRECKER!
    I lol'd. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• littlepep said:

@ashley8918 at any second his penis is going to wander off and crawl into some slutty yoga pant wearing girl's vagina.

I can't get the image of a penis with legs running around chasing someone out of my head so thanks for that.
    Swiggity swooty, coming for dat booty!
    /DEAD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards