Chit Chat

Pet peeves

My coworker is smacking her gum and it is one of my biggest pet peeves. 

What are yalls?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Pet peeves

• People cracking their knuckles.

People chewing anything loudly.

Bragging.

When people try to pick fights over everything.

When people don't answer their phones.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • People who drive too slow to get behind, but too fast to pass.  Or people who speed up or slow down instead of letting you get ahead of them. 

People who heat fish in the office microwave. 

• In grad school I had classes three nights a week with a guy who would bring a cup of ice and crunch loudly on it through the whole 3 hour class period. I wanted to strangle him! Hearing other people chew is my absolute biggest pet peeve.

• I have a lot... ha! (Most are related to work)

Clipping fingernails at work

Shining shoes at work at the breakroom dining table

People walking into my office when my door is shut and I am on the phone.

• In grad school I had classes three nights a week with a guy who would bring a cup of ice and crunch loudly on it through the whole 3 hour class period. I wanted to strangle him! Hearing other people chew is my absolute biggest pet peeve.

Me too. Gum, food, etc. Do not smack your mouth when you eat! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Ew...people do that? Why?!

• littlepeplittlepep member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

I have a lot... ha! (Most are related to work)

I did not know this was a thing until my bff said someone at her office was doing it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Ew...people do that? Why?!
    I don't know but I wish it would stop.
  • People clip their nails ALL THE TIME at my office.  Not as bad as the dude who used to clip his toenails in church though. 

• labro said:

People texting and driving.

People who drive under the speed limit in good conditions.

Vague-booking.

People who update every detail of their lives constantly on Facebook.

Cars who sit in the left hand lane and don't move out of the way for faster vehicles.

People who chew with their mouth open and/or talk with food in their mouth.

People who take 50 billion items to the 10 items or less checkout lane at the grocery store.

One-uppers. Example, you're sick today and you tell a friend, they proceed to tell you how much sicker they are than you.
    Literally everything on this list.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• levioosa said:

People clip their nails ALL THE TIME at my office.  Not as bad as the dude who used to clip his toenails in church though. 

In church?! In what world does that make sense?!? All grooming needs to be done at home.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • labro said:

People texting and driving.

People who drive under the speed limit in good conditions.

Vague-booking.

People who update every detail of their lives constantly on Facebook.

Cars who sit in the left hand lane and don't move out of the way for faster vehicles.

People who chew with their mouth open and/or talk with food in their mouth.

People who take 50 billion items to the 10 items or less checkout lane at the grocery store.

One-uppers. Example, you're sick today and you tell a friend, they proceed to tell you how much sicker they are than you.

I friggin' hated these people in college. "Oh, you have three papers and two finals? Well I have four papers, three finals, and I defend my thesis next week!"

Incidentally, I was going to put "whining" as my pet peeve. Obviously, to complain is human, but if you're constantly "woe is me," I just want to be like,image

I have no tolerance for people who want a fucking pity party. Have a glass of wine and move the fuck on. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am currently waiting for my husband in the student union of the school he's attending. I'm here for an honors society induction ceremony and decided to drive with him and get some work done while he's in class. Since I got here, I've discovered a few new ones:

1. People who leave trash everywhere.

2. Hogging electrical outlets. If there are 2 outlets in a room, you need to share. Don't be a bitch about it.

3. Chewing with your mouth open. I don't need to see your chewed food.

4. "Retard" jokes.

5. Bitchy 19 year olds who think I'm the parent of a college kid. I fucking hate you.

Outside of this:

1. People who are permanently fixated on dieting and get preachy-- yet break all of their own rules.

2. Needlessly aggressive drivers--- why the rush to the red light?

3. People who can't park in a single parking spot.

4. The overuse of scents. Don't spray half a bottle of air freshener in the bathroom or over-spray on your perfume in the morning. It makes me nauseous and is usually worse than anything you're trying to cover.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

2. Needlessly aggressive drivers--- why the rush to the red light?

Because I need to get there first of course!!!

3. People who can't park in a single parking spot.

Fuck those people. I hate them.

• 1) Cologne or perfume, especially at the gym.

2) People who add "tard" to the end of another word and tell themselves that's acceptable.

3) People who drape themselves on the elliptical, or turn up the incline really high on the treadmill and hold onto the handles.

4) People who drive around in the gym parking lot, looking for a closer spot.

5) Pens that don't have a cap on or are clicked (so the pen part is out).

6) People who participate in fads, mostly on facebook (no one cares about the fucking acai berry gruel you had for breakfast).

I got home from the gym like an hour ago, and 57% of my pet peeves occur there.

Anniversary

• 1) Cologne or perfume, especially at the gym.

2) People who add "tard" to the end of another word and tell themselves that's acceptable.

3) People who drape themselves on the elliptical, or turn up the incline really high on the treadmill and hold onto the handles.

4) People who drive around in the gym parking lot, looking for a closer spot.

5) Pens that don't have a cap on or are clicked (so the pen part is out).

6) People who participate in fads, mostly on facebook (no one cares about the fucking acai berry gruel you had for breakfast).

I got home from the gym like an hour ago, and 57% of my pet peeves occur there.

People who spend forever waiting on a parking spot just because it's a few spaces closer drive me insane. Like you've been waiting in your car for 15 minutes on this spot and you could have parked and already been inside. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Any home sales thing.  Think pampered chef, rodan and fields, etc.

• My office pet peeves:

Nail-clippers! I have two of them (one who is the receptionist and sits up front doing it - hello, aren't you supposed to be greeting people)? She is affectionately known as "wolverine" b/c she clips her nails at least 2-3 times a week. it's weird.

People who call AND email you at the same time. And then call again to make sure you got the message(s). Yeah thanks, I got it. All 3 times.

My "office" is conveniently located in the copy room so I am in a constant state of annoyance at people coming in and out. Not so much to pick up their copies, but talking to themselves/each other while in "my office". Get out and do that somewhere else!

People like my boss who walk in, see you on the phone, and decide to awkwardly stand there and wait. Why don't you come back later like a courteous human being would??

• My office pet peeves:

Nail-clippers! I have two of them (one who is the receptionist and sits up front doing it - hello, aren't you supposed to be greeting people)? She is affectionately known as "wolverine" b/c she clips her nails at least 2-3 times a week. it's weird.

People who call AND email you at the same time. And then call again to make sure you got the message(s). Yeah thanks, I got it. All 3 times.

My "office" is conveniently located in the copy room so I am in a constant state of annoyance at people coming in and out. Not so much to pick up their copies, but talking to themselves/each other while in "my office". Get out and do that somewhere else!

People like my boss who walk in, see you on the phone, and decide to awkwardly stand there and wait. Why don't you come back later like a courteous human being would??

And people who call my desk phone and when I don't answer call my cell phone and then when I don't answer that, call my desk phone again. BITCH I'M OBVIOUSLY NOT AVAILABLE. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • 4forluck said:

My biggest pet peeve is people who try to walk into elevators before letting people already on it out.  You can't get in until the other people get out!

And people who don't parent their children in public.  If you let your kids run around and scream at home that is one thing, but in public have some respect for other people and make sure your kids are behaving. 
    Yes! "Elevator etiquette". I also hate those people that don't know if it's going up or down until they get in, then they try to get off, only to get back in again. Make up your mind, sir. IN OR OUT!

• bethsmilesbethsmiles member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    littlepep said:

"1. People who are permanently fixated on dieting and get preachy-- yet break all of their own rules."

I hate people who preachy about food. And along the same line people who ask me about my food. Like that looks weird, what you are eating?? A little dish I like to call mind ya business. 

So much this! SO's family is like this. His parents are very preachy about food and his brother will always ask "What is that?" or make some other comment that makes it clear he finds it disgusting. It drives me nuts. Especially since I'm already self-conscious about eating in front of others so when people make comments about what I'm eating I get even more self-conscious about it.

ETA: I hate it when I text someone and instead of texting me back, they call.

• 4forluck said:

My biggest pet peeve is people who try to walk into elevators before letting people already on it out.  You can't get in until the other people get out!

And people who don't parent their children in public.  If you let your kids run around and scream at home that is one thing, but in public have some respect for other people and make sure your kids are behaving. 
    I agree with this to a point. I don't have kids so I shouldn't get an opinion, but I do. Running around and screaming = unacceptable.  Kid having a meltdown in a grocery store because Mom won't by him a chocolate bar? I definitely wouldn't side eye that.
  • My superficial pet peeve - sunglasses on inside.   That annoys the SHIT out of me.  

Ditto the others: 
    not passing in the passing lane and / or not pulling to the right when someone faster wants to pass

too much perfume

people who don't care to park between two lines

• -People who jump on every single fad diet that comes out. 

-People who drive incredibly slow...in the fast lane!

-The girl I'm in grad school with that says, "um...like...okay..." in all of her presentations. OVER. AND OVER. AND OVER.

That is all for now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh - and definitely ditto those who post on FB like it's a journal.   I don't care that you're going to have parent teacher conferences today and I don't want to hear about what Chloe's English teacher thinks about her latest collection of essays.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards