Chit Chat
Options

I love the 90's

Re: I love the 90's

• Options
    amelisha said:

This all reminds me that I should probably confess that after I saw Romeo + Juliet I promptly converted my backyard playhouse (several years unused by that time) into a Leonardo DiCaprio fan clubhouse, with Tiger Beat pullouts everywhere and the liberal use of puffy fabric paint to spell out such slogans as "I Love Leo" all over the walls and ceiling. To this very day, you can see the vestiges of glittery paint hearts on the walls if you enter it.

My girlfriends and I spend many, many afternoons in that playhouse discussing our future marriages to Leo, and it only got worse after Titanic came out. We'd have sleepovers out there, even. We were definitely the coolest girls in junior high, right?
    I used to have this weird and creepy postcard with Leo's face on the back that I addressed to myself and fooled my younger sisters that Leo was my boyfriend and he sent me a postcard to our house with a picture of himself on the back. I was definitely junior high age.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    amelisha said:

This all reminds me that I should probably confess that after I saw Romeo + Juliet I promptly converted my backyard playhouse (several years unused by that time) into a Leonardo DiCaprio fan clubhouse, with Tiger Beat pullouts everywhere and the liberal use of puffy fabric paint to spell out such slogans as "I Love Leo" all over the walls and ceiling. To this very day, you can see the vestiges of glittery paint hearts on the walls if you enter it.

My girlfriends and I spend many, many afternoons in that playhouse discussing our future marriages to Leo, and it only got worse after Titanic came out. We'd have sleepovers out there, even. We were definitely the coolest girls in junior high, right?

____stuck in the box___

My friends and I had a binder in middle school full of all our favorite Leo pictures and posters.  We also were really really cool.
  • Options
    Yes, Romeo+Juliet! That Garbage song that was on the soundtrack - I must have listened to it 15,000 times. 
  • Options
    Titantic let me see Kate Winslet's tits. That was basically all I liked about Titanic.
  • Options

@magicink I always loved Eliza D. Recently I heard an interview with why she broke up with former NBA player Rick Fox. She said "I'm a Boston girl and he wanted to live in LA. No thank you, I'd rather be physically cold here then emotionally cold there." I was like ooooooooooooo buuuuurrrrnnn!! So now I love her even more. And omg Showgirls I thought was SO scandalous since they would pixel it all out on tv!

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

@magicink I always loved Eliza D. Recently I heard an interview with why she broke up with former NBA player Rick Fox. She said "I'm a Boston girl and he wanted to live in LA. No thank you, I'd rather be physically cold here then emotionally cold there." I was like ooooooooooooo buuuuurrrrnnn!! So now I love her even more. And omg Showgirls I thought was SO scandalous since they would pixel it all out on tv!

I heard she moved back to Boston to attend school. I am afraid if I see her, I will go all fangirly on her since she was my girl crush for years.
  • Options
    90s or not, Meet Joe Black is one of my favorite movies everrr. I feel like it's very underrated. 

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

I was....younger than I should've been when I saw Showgirls. We had the movie stations on all the TVs for some odd reason and I was up late one night flipping through and OMG it's Jessie Spano! So I stopped and watched and all of a sudden she was fucking some guy in a pool!

So I kept watching the whole damn thing. And I saw everything.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    Yep, Leo was really too pretty in his early 20s to be allowed. I think it all went downhill after The Beach (although I still think he's a good actor, but I've never found him attractive in my adulthood, really.)

I remember having the feelz about Brad Pitt in Legends of the Fall too. He definitely peaked in the 90s too, before all that hair and before he started shopping at the same stores as Johnny Depp does now. Tragic.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    Oh god Romeo + Juliet was the BEST

• Options
    peachy13 said:

I was bummed that my proms weren't anything like this:

90s teen movies really set my expectations high for my own proms. We all just kind of stood around and vaguley shuffled our feet while guys tried to grind on us.
  • Options
    Has no one said The Sixth Sense? 

I remember this scaring the shit out of me. 

• Options

Here's my guilty confession:

Then he got married at 19 and I was like "Dude, wtf, no".

Oh, I can totally beat this one. I went to a Hanson concert LAST YEAR.

For the record, they're much cuter now then they ever were in the 90s. The audience was full of women in their late 20s absolutely hyperventilating, it was pretty astonishing. My friend and I were totally taken aback, just sitting at our table with a glass of wine like "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!" We just thought it would be fun to go hear them, tickets were cheap, we loved them in the Mmmbop era...and then there were a couple hundred grown women, like, screaming and trying to rush the stage and holding up signs (in a tiny little cabaret theatre.) 

But they were very good-looking, very talented, and the show was entertaining. Their live harmonies are super impressive and they all play like ten instruments.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Is It Fall Yet
    And Is It College Yet

Were technically movies....TV movies but...movies.
  • Options

Here's my guilty confession:

Then he got married at 19 and I was like "Dude, wtf, no".

OMG I was SUCH a big Hanson fan. And I do not even feel guilty about it because damn those songs were catchy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

peachy13 said:

I was bummed that my proms weren't anything like this:

90s teen movies really set my expectations high for my own proms. We all just kind of stood around and vaguley shuffled our feet while guys tried to grind on us.
    I only went to junior year prom, and the whole thing was so awkward. It was kind of opposite for us in that none of the guys really wanted to dance. I was like why are you even here then!? Now I'm confident enough to just have a solo dance party and not care, but I definitely wasn't in HS.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

...I feel like a baby, because my favorite 90s movies while we were in the 90s:

In my defense, I had much younger siblings. And I didn't hit double digits until 98.

I liked how fancy and grown up Titanic was, even though my parents made me leave the room for the booby scene.

And then... reminded by another thread....:
    For some odd reason, I found Bill Paxton very pretty, and I wanted to be a storm chaser for a while after that movie so I could meet him. 
    I'm feeling like a baby, too. Most of the 90s movies being referenced I have seen...but I didn't see them in the 90s! Lion King all the way, man. I still cry.
  • Options
    I was pretty young in the 90s too. I think I saw The Lion King like 5 times in the theater. And Titanic was my first PG13 movie so that was a big deal.

• Options
    abcdevonn said:

...I feel like a baby, because my favorite 90s movies while we were in the 90s:

In my defense, I had much younger siblings. And I didn't hit double digits until 98.

I liked how fancy and grown up Titanic was, even though my parents made me leave the room for the booby scene.

And then... reminded by another thread....:
    For some odd reason, I found Bill Paxton very pretty, and I wanted to be a storm chaser for a while after that movie so I could meet him. 
    I'm feeling like a baby, too. Most of the 90s movies being referenced I have seen...but I didn't see them in the 90s! Lion King all the way, man. I still cry.
    I don't even think I'd say I've seen most of them. I've seen a few, but a lot of them I haven't.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    How did I forget my favorite animated feature?

~*~*~*~*~

• Options

How did I forget my favorite animated feature?

mine (which is my favorite Disney movie)imageimage

• Options
    I absolutely wrote Leo fan mail after Romeo & Juliet. And likely after Titanic.

Wierd I never got a response....
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards