Chit Chat
Options

I love the 90's

Re: I love the 90's

• Options
    khugs15 said:

MagicInk said:

Selena was my SHIT. Now I really want to go home and watch this movie.
    *bidi bidi bom bom*
    That was the last thing I liked Jennifer Lopez in.
  • Options
    khugs15 said:

MagicInk said:

*bidi bidi bom bom*
    One of my drag queens does a ton of Selena songs. I get so excitied and I might kind of yell SELENA like they do in the movie....
  • Options
    How are we all the same person? I guess being a 90s teenager it was a rule to love Devon Sawa and Leo.
    Their pictures covered my room. I think I saw every movie/TV movie Devon Sawa made. SLC Punk, Idle hands, Night of the Twisters, Final Destination. And of course Now and Then and Little Giants and Casper.

• Options
    MagicInk said:

khugs15 said:

MagicInk said:

*bidi bidi bom bom*
    One of my drag queens does a ton of Selena songs. I get so excitied and I might kind of yell SELENA like they do in the movie....
    I remember it being:  SELENASSSS! In the movie
  • Options

MagicInk said:

khugs15 said:

MagicInk said:

*bidi bidi bom bom*
    I remember it being:  SELENASSSS! In the movie
    Yes! I'm saying it in my head but couldn't type it correctly.
  • Options
    My first name is Taylor... so in the 90s it wasn't even a possibility that I wouldn't marry Taylor Hanson. Because Taylor and Taylor Hanson. Duh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    After getting through this thread I think the only 90's movies I saw were the Disney ones. I wasn't that young in the 90's but my parents were super strict so I couldn't watch teen movies until I hit high school (2000) and watched them away from home at sleepovers.

I think I have a lot of movies to watch this weekend.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I was only 14 by the year 2000, but I know these movies because from the time I was ten or eleven my mom used to just give my friends and I the Blockbuster card and let us rent movies every weekend. My parents were kind of strict too but they never paid much attention to my viewing or reading habits. I think I watched pretty much everything in my neighbourhood Blockbuster by the time I was fifteen or sixteen, when I started really going to actual parties and not just having sleepovers with popcorn and Truth or Dare and stuff. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yes to so many of these, but Bring it On and A League of their Own.  

And Eliza Dushku was stupidly hot in Bring it On, at the beginning, when she had her hair in those twists and gave all the bitchy cheerleaders the finger at tryouts.  

Oh, and speaking of her, True Lies was an excellent action movie

• Options
    Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

Dogma

And my all-time favorite, Fight Club

• Options
    I was born in 1993 so a lot of 90s movies I watched were when I was a teenager. I know it's 1989 but I think only a year away counts. I love Dead Poets Society, I thought it was very moving. I still cry watching it. It's one of my top favorites.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options

jenna8984 said:

@novella1186 Albert Einstein and Taylor Hanson share my birthday ;)

You're a pieces and now I know your birthday, because I had the Taylor Hanson book.
    It's pi day!

• Options
    It's supposed to be stormy, and it's my last day of spring break--I may have to squeeze in a few of these movies today! 

When I was in 6th grade, I got a VCR in my room (always had a TV because it was the only thing that kept me in my room all night), and I basically had 5 movies on rotation: Clueless (hands-down favorite--maybe my favorite movie ever of all time), Empire Records, Dazed and Confused, Scream, and The Craft.  I also loved Romeo and Juliet and Now and Then.  Oh, and all the Kevin Smith/Jay and Silent Bob movies, especially Chasing Amy and Dogma.  And Mallrats.  If FI were making this list, he would include Showgirls.  Kelly was his main squeeze, but he had a sweet spot for Jessie Spano.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

I found out I was a heartless weirdo when I was a teenager and we had a group of 10 girls go see Titanic in the theater and I was the only one laughing at the end rather than crying....happened a few years later with Crossroads. They were all like wtf is wrong with you?

Late to the game here.

This was me too. I was 13. I found it supremely ironic that right after saying, "I will never let go, Jack. I will never let go," she then pries his cold, dead hands off of her and then... wait for it... wait for it... lets go. I know it was supposed to be all heart-breaking and whatnot, but I just couldn't.
  • Options
    I forgot one: "To Wong Foo"- I loved that movie!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

I forgot one: "To Wong Foo"- I loved that movie!

Yes! I have that movie on VHS too lol. I love it! 
  • Options
    amelisha said:

Here's my guilty confession:

Then he got married at 19 and I was like "Dude, wtf, no".

Oh, I can totally beat this one. I went to a Hanson concert LAST YEAR.

For the record, they're much cuter now then they ever were in the 90s. The audience was full of women in their late 20s absolutely hyperventilating, it was pretty astonishing. My friend and I were totally taken aback, just sitting at our table with a glass of wine like "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!" We just thought it would be fun to go hear them, tickets were cheap, we loved them in the Mmmbop era...and then there were a couple hundred grown women, like, screaming and trying to rush the stage and holding up signs (in a tiny little cabaret theatre.) 

But they were very good-looking, very talented, and the show was entertaining. Their live harmonies are super impressive and they all play like ten instruments.
    I'm super late and I haven't read past page 4, but I just had to chime in. I was a super big Hanson fangirl when I was a teen. I went to a Hanson concert at the State Fair a summer or two ago. It was super fun and I got more excited than I should have been to attend a Hanson concert. I never got to go to one until I was in my 20's because we didn't live in a big city and I think they only toured to the Minneapolis/St. Paul area once.  
  • Options
    I basically just went through this thread and "loved" about half the posts. I love 90's movies.

I'm hanging out with my besties from high school tonight and I think we're going to have to watch our old favorites. We loved First Wives Club. Our other favorite is one I don't think very many people seen and no one has mentioned - Mrs. Winterbourne. It's got super young Ricki Lake, Brendan Fraser, and Shirley MacLaine. So fun!

• Options

All of them. Seriously, how can you ask me to choose?!

Obviously Empire Records, Clueless, The Craft, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Bring It On, and Dogma. I cannot rank them.

200 Cigarettes definitely has to be up there too. I had (maybe not so much past tense) such a ladyboner for Casey Affleck.

Also First Wives Club, The Birdcage, Sense & Sensibility (I will never get enough of Alan Rickman), Gattaca (and I love that we watched it for Biology class), The Full Monty, Brassed Off (which I cannot watch without crying; also how hot was 20-something Ewan McGregor?!), The Fifth Element... and I just know I'm forgetting a whole bunch. Oh! Hudson Hawk, and Death Becomes Her. Love me some Bruce Willis.

Love, love, love The Birdcage

And we totally named one of the cats after Agador:
  • Options
    allispain said:

jenna8984 said:

Stuck in weird boxes?

omg someone just showed Ricki Lake....who remembers watching all the trashy shows like Jenny jones??! I freaking loved that show....I especially loved the out of control teens on Maury.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

allispain said:

jenna8984 said:

Stuck in weird boxes?

omg someone just showed Ricki Lake....who remembers watching all the trashy shows like Jenny jones??! I freaking loved that show....I especially loved the out of control teens on Maury.

I wasn't really allowed to watch these shows, but I totally did anyway.  Sally Jesse, Jenny Jones, Ricki Lake, Maury, Jerry Springer.  I looooved those trashy shows and the Price is Right.  And Days of our Lives.

• Options
    I watched SO MUCH MAURY as a young teenager. "Make over my sexy mom!" and "He thinks the baby could have seven potential fathers!"

You can just shut up, SHUT UP! You don't know me! Y'all don't know me! SIT DOWN!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Maury is my 5 min go to show (even now) when I feeling bad about my life.  5-10 min of "which of these 8 guys is my baby daddy" and I feel great

• Options
    Singles is on right now. Not going anywhere for the next 2 hours.
  • Options
    Maury is gold.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards