Not Engaged Yet

Tired Tuesday

2»

Re: Tired Tuesday

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @audrewuh You look beautiful and your haircut looks amazing! But seriously, wtf with your mom???? What's her issue? Also, I would've been SO mad if H had done that to me at our wedding (re cake smash).

• @labro thanks!! I'm still getting used to the hair. It makes me look too much like my mom. 

She finds that kind of stuff funny. When my dad was alive, he would always keep her in check, be a kind of balance for her impulsivity, but she's been really bad, highly inappropriate, these last two years. This was H's breaking point, and I can totally understand why. Now, I get to confront my mom and listen to her be the victim for the next four months. 

Also, I got a little too drunk at our reception, and our cake cutting was at the end, so I may or may not have smashed it a little in H's face. He relished in telling the story after this incident this weekend. Whoops. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • @phira and @labro thanks for the tips! I am definitely gonna start meal planning. That is something I know I can follow. I actually have been on a perpetual quest for organization in my life and recently ordered one of those expensive planners (it was more than 50% off so no guilt for me!) and I am gonna start using it religiously (or at least try to) and include food stuff in there. If anyone has planner/organization related advice to make me actually use it, please share! BF is really good about healthy eating thanks to his wonderful mom so maybe he'll help me with grocery shopping for a bit while I figure things out lol
  • audrewuh You look gorgeous! Was your mom really drunk (still no excuse for her behavior)? I have no idea what I would have done if my mom did that. 
  • @audrewuh, wow. I have no clue what I would do if my mom did that.

And re: cake smashing, that's one of the things I told FI I would actually annul the marriage over. No smashing. No cute little dab of icing on the nose. We will feed each other nicely, thank you. I remember at my cousin's wedding the groom smashed the cake all over her face - she was gone for about 10 minutes, too.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @audrewuh I mean, I think a little cake, versus getting cake in your eyes is a whole different story. Cake smashing isn't my thing either way, but that's neither here nor there at this point. Also, ugh on your mom. :( At least you know you have all of NEY here to come vent to about her playing the victim!

• @speakeasy14 - nope, not drunk. Pretty sober, actually. She blew out of there in a huff half an hour later, and I can only assume I did something to make her feel unwanted or as if I was embarrassed by her (which I totally was and usually am). 

I also had to pull her off the scene during the family pictures after the ceremony because she was trying to direct the photographer and the people in the pictures. 

The floodgates are open, y'all. I'm sorry if I'm rambling, but she really drove me crazy this weekend.

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • audrewuh Ugh vent away lady. Also, image
  • @audrewuh - your mom sounds like a lot to handle, vent away!

• Thanks, @swazzle and @speakeasy14. Hugs are cool. 

While I'm venting, she also has this thing where she needs to strip every fragile, ill, or elderly person of their dignity. My gma, in the picture up there, was in a wheelchair all night. It was her first time out of the nursing home in over two  years. I was taking care of her, so I went and got her dinner. My mom told me I would need to cut her chicken for her. I'm like, umm, my grandma is a grown ass woman. I'll ask her if she would like help, and then I will do whatever she says. She said no, she was fine. So I walked back to the bar to get another drink. I come back, and my mom is bent over my gma, cutting up her chicken, while my gma sits there looking defeated. 

Like, WTF mom. I'm not a horrible person and she's a grown ass woman. Let people have their dignity and pride! 

• AlPacina said:

It's my doggy's 2nd birthday today! I'm so glad the person that surrendered him to the shelter left plenty of information.

I am going to spoil him rotten tonight. Not too much food though. We're still dealing with giardia. So no playing with other dogs today either.

I'm not tired, at least. Turns out quitting cigarettes is easy, but I'm having a super tough time quitting weed. Meaning I haven't even been able to fully quit yet. I am weak, and kind of mad at myself. But hey, anyone who says it's not addictive is a dirty liar.

ETF: pic link

1. Why are you quitting weed?
    2. It's for sure mental addiction, not substance addiction. I only get it from my parents who live in Maine (yup, you read that right), and I only see them every few months, so FI & I will go from smoking every single day to nothing at all, and have never had one issue. Marijuana "addiction" is completely psychological. It most likely is related to quitting cigarettes at the same time.
    3. Your dog is adorable & I want to smush him.

I'm tired. I woke up in the middle of the night to pee, and I swear I thought it was like 6am, and it was 215. 

I have so much to do at work. I was supposed to get stuff for a publication I'm doing last Monday, and just got the stuff today, and the final draft is supposed to be ready for Friday. I'm annoyed. There was literally NOTHING I could do until I got the stuff from them, but it's definitely going to be my fault when it isn't done on time.

I'm ready for May 16. And then May 19 when I get my butt to Aruba.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @southernpeach89 - You are pretty much the cutest pregnant lady I've ever seen!  Tired face and messy hair or not, you look fantastic!

@CocoBellaF - I hear you on the rain.  We need it so badly, but...so exhausted.

I'm totally worn out today, but that's because I stayed up way too late last night celebrating with my bottle of wine.  I don't have anywhere to be until 4:30, which is good because I"m worn out.  I've just been lying around watching Star Trek Voyager all morning because I feel like that's all I have the energy to do.  I'll drag myself out to teach Zumba and lift a little later, and I'm supposed to have dinner with my brother and his fiancée later, so that will be fun.  Just a quiet, fairly boring day.
  • hello NEY ladies! i was away for a few days on a cruise but am sadly back to the real world now. the cruise was amazing and the free drinks package definitely got its use. :)

@labro - i had no idea adult coloring books existed! i still prefer kids ones because i dont like coloring things that are too detailed and intricate

@southernpeach89 - aww adorable baby bump!

@alpacina - happy bday to your pup!! my dog will be 5 in may!

im so exhausted from my trip and came back to 100+ emails (i was only out for 2 days of work....wtf?) and about a million things to do. plus my apartment is a disaster (i think BF is cleaning up today while i am at work), laundry is piling up, i need to do my taxes EEK!!, and i REALLY need a mani/pedi. no rest for the weary though....i have a friend in town from the west coast tonight so after work i will quickly do my taxes and then meet up with her for bootcamp and dinner. everything else on my to-do list will have to wait until tomorrow.
  • 1. Why are you quitting weed? There are a couple of reasons. BF can't smoke pot becuase of his work testing, and I want to be supportive of him quitting cigarettes, so I feel like it's not fair I have this other vice and still have "smoke breaks". Another reason is because it's still smoking and I'd like to give my lungs a break, especially for hiking season.

2. It's for sure mental addiction, not substance addiction. I only get it from my parents who live in Maine (yup, you read that right), and I only see them every few months, so FI & I will go from smoking every single day to nothing at all, and have never had one issue. Marijuana "addiction" is completely psychological. It most likely is related to quitting cigarettes at the same time. I've always either been smoking cigarettes or pot for any given period of my life,  for about 6 years, so I really think I'd feel particularly accomplished if I was finally able to quit both, at least for a chunk of time. I'm mentally addicted to smoking. Still addiction though...... However, definitely not a gateway drug.

3. Your dog is adorable & I want to smush him. He LOVES being smushed!! And he has a whole bunch of extra skin around his face/neck so it's really easy to do so. Give me two minutes and I will post a "smush" picture.

@GoldenPenguin...... My computer never shows who I'm quoting anymore!

• AlPacina said:

AlPacina said:

1. Why are you quitting weed? There are a couple of reasons. BF can't smoke pot becuase of his work testing, and I want to be supportive of him quitting cigarettes, so I feel like it's not fair I have this other vice and still have "smoke breaks". Another reason is because it's still smoking and I'd like to give my lungs a break, especially for hiking season.

2. It's for sure mental addiction, not substance addiction. I only get it from my parents who live in Maine (yup, you read that right), and I only see them every few months, so FI & I will go from smoking every single day to nothing at all, and have never had one issue. Marijuana "addiction" is completely psychological. It most likely is related to quitting cigarettes at the same time. I've always either been smoking cigarettes or pot for any given period of my life,  for about 6 years, so I really think I'd feel particularly accomplished if I was finally able to quit both, at least for a chunk of time. I'm mentally addicted to smoking. Still addiction though...... However, definitely not a gateway drug.

3. Your dog is adorable & I want to smush him. He LOVES being smushed!! And he has a whole bunch of extra skin around his face/neck so it's really easy to do so. Give me two minutes and I will post a "smush" picture.

@GoldenPenguin...... My computer never shows who I'm quoting anymore!
    Good reasoning :-) 

And I can't wait for smush pictures. 

*******************************************************************************************

• @AlPacina - Aw, happy puppy birthday! He's so cute! I feel like I can see a thought bubble over his head in the second picture "mom why are you squishing my face so much?!"

@audrewuh - Urg, sorry to hear about your mom's behavior! That's majorly awkward and inappropriate. I hope it doesn't all blow up. On the plus side, you and your cousin and your grandma look mighty fine in those pictures!

@futuremrshistorian - Enjoy your lazy day, you've certainly earned it :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• AlPacina said:

*smush*

OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. <3<3<3

• Just got some somewhat disappointing news. My financial aid status changed from dependent to independent for the next "school year" (which starts in two weeks) so I don't qualify for full-time enrollment. I do, however, qualify for three-quarter time enrollment so I'm just gonna be short two classes by the end of the "school year" so all that is really affected is my graduation date. I still won't  have to pay out of pocket which is something that is great about my school. Still, disappointing. I've been at this undergraduate thing for far too long :\

p.s. I put school year in quotes because I am an online student and therefore don't get typical college breaks for summer and holidays, and I complete entire classes in a span of about 8 weeks, so our school years are actually like 6 months rather than 9.
  • @untouchablets - Ugh, I'm so sorry!  Financial aid is about the most painful part of being a student!
  • untouchablets Ugh that sucks, but that means you'll be done end of summer or December? 
  • @speakeasy14 I'm technically going to be a Junior starting a week from Monday so I have two more "years" to go before I graduate. I'll be done with this new school year in November, I'll start more classes, then 8 weeks later there will be a two week break for the holidays, and then ill have three more 8 week sessions so if I were doing full time I would be finished June of next year but since I'm no longer going to be full time I think I'll be finished with my degree in August of 2016. Or later. I don't even know now lol.
  • untouchablets Oh I thought you had meant that you just needed two more classes. That's still not horrible; sounds like one more year-ish.
  • Don't worry Alaska lovers, I will make a big post about my wedding/amazing honeymoon when July comes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards