Chit Chat

Should I be concerned

2»

Re: Should I be concerned

• And add this for the kiss that wakes her up to say her vows

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Holy moly that's a thing?!?

I would say, "I'm sorry but too much can happen with my size between now and the wedding so I'm not comfortable buying the dress."

What's the worst that would happen?   She kicks you out of the WP and then you don't get to be a BM for her crazy shenanigans? 
  • Without a date or venue, I'd be worried that once the bride finds a venue she will want different dresses than expected because the one she picked before doesn't match the venue.  I'd wait.  I'm surprised others bought them.
    Oh that is another can of something else that I just shake my head to and say ok to whatever she wants to accesorize us with...her theme is (and I kind you not) Springtime Bohemian Fairy talePrincess Chic
    What the Fuck is that? Someone please GIF 

Haha...picture this David's bridal #f15662 and 9v9665 with boho flower wreaths for the bridesmaids to wear with ribbons woven into it and her with pearls and diamonds for her accessories...

• Without a date or venue, I'd be worried that once the bride finds a venue she will want different dresses than expected because the one she picked before doesn't match the venue.  I'd wait.  I'm surprised others bought them.
    Oh that is another can of something else that I just shake my head to and say ok to whatever she wants to accesorize us with...her theme is (and I kind you not) Springtime Bohemian Fairy talePrincess Chic
    What the Fuck is that? Someone please GIF 

Haha...picture this David's bridal #f15662 and 9v9665 with boho flower wreaths for the bridesmaids to wear with ribbons woven into it and her with pearls and diamonds for her accessories...

• banana468 said:

Holy moly that's a thing?!?

I would say, "I'm sorry but too much can happen with my size between now and the wedding so I'm not comfortable buying the dress."

What's the worst that would happen?   She kicks you out of the WP and then you don't get to be a BM for her crazy shenanigans? 
    Lol..where there is a will there is away. She probably wouldn't kick me out. She seems to lean on me a lot as I'm the only one invited to pin on her Pinterest wedding board. My thought is no one is is married so she ask me a lot of the questions I've had to already answer. I don't mind answering them, but right now there are more pressing things than making flower wreath headbands for us to wear and your jewelry... I need a date. 
  • lurkergirl said: banana468 said:Holy moly that's a thing?!?

No, stop!  We need her to stay in.  Come on, @kwajkendean , take one for the team so that we can snark at the 2nd hand drama! ;)

Oh I'm in. I had problems with her in my wedding. She kept asking me if I could consider changing the dress, then asked if she could wear a shawl because she didn't like her arms showing...I told her no. What I failed to mention is that there
    was actually a different dress before this one, but one of the girls went to try it on and told her that it showed her back fat and told her that she needed to change it to the current one so she did...so I guess I should've know this was coming.

Lol..where there is a will there is away. She probably wouldn't kick me out. She seems to lean on me a lot as I'm the only one invited to pin on her Pinterest wedding board. My thought is no one is is married so she ask me a lot of the questions I've had to already answer. I don't mind answering them, but right now there are more pressing things than making flower wreath headbands for us to wear and your jewelry... I need a date. 

This could be fun...

This could be fun...

Seriously. I just got really excited about this. I'd LOVE to see what kind of stuff she has pinned already. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • littlepep said:

Holy moly that's a thing?!?

This could be fun...
    Seriously. I just got really excited about this. I'd LOVE to see what kind of stuff she has pinned already. 

I can tell you that nothing is boho..very classic - rhinestones, pearls, etc.  I pinned a couple of boho hair styles that had lots of flowers on there hoping she would see that it doesn't fit her dress or our dress, but I don't think it worked. I love her to pieces and have known her since 8th grade but I've never seen her so fashion challenged before.
  • Should I be concerned about buying a bridesmaid dress when there is no date, no church, or a venue? the only information I keep being told is maybe next April.

Yup. You do not need to purchase a dress now for a wedding in April. I wouldn't be concerned, per se, I just wouldn't be buying a dress. No way. No how.
    Ugh, I thought so! I haven't bought the dress yet, but the bride bought her dress this weekend and all of the other bridesmaids bought theirs at the same time (I'm out of town so I couldn't make it to her fitting) and when she told me this my mouth dropped. I asked why with no date set. She said because she really liked that dress and didn't want it to sell out and not be available for her wedding - whenever it is. So since the other maids bought theirs, should I just bit the bullet and get the dress now?
    No. You do not have to buy the dress now. I understand it's easier to be "a part of the pack" but you can very easily say "I'll buy the dress when it's a little closer and there's a wedding date." It's illogical to be purchasing things and she doesn't have a date. How does she know that she's going to get some date in April? I know my venue was booked a year in advance. She would be SOL for her mystery date in April.
    Everything you're telling me I've told to her. I called to book my original date on Oct 1, 2013 only to find out out Sept 27, 2014 just got booked, so had to change my date, but I didn't have a dress yet. Right now she is very concerned with getting the accessories for her dress and I don't think is being receptive to those things. In fact when I told her about venues being booked a year or even 2 in advance she just said, "Well hopefully I can get the date I want at the place." 

Someone suggested to me that if she ask me for me to be honest with her about purchasing the dress closer to the wedding or even when a date is set and leave it at that.
    Yes. Be honest with her. "I am not buying the dress until it's closer to your wedding date." Seems like she's far more interested in the dress up portion of getting married than the y'know, getting married portion of the day. 

She sounds like she's going to be a fun bride :) 

Yes she does.  OP, please feel free to come back with any interesting/fun stories that happen between now and whenever her wedding will take place.

Oh yes I definitely will. I'll need a good laugh from time to time.
  • A year in advance is just crazy.  Personally, my weight can fluctuate quite a bit and it's not inconceivable that I could be 15 lbs heavier or lighter in a year. Plus, pregnancy. Make it no more than 9 months in advance so you at least know nobody will be in labor that day :p

I have a feeling that this chick will be a TK classic. 

I read this, and I'm not kidding, I turned into Flounder from Animal House. Word for exact word:

• I vote for the Muppets version of "Bohemian Rhapsody" for the first dance.
  • mrsdee15 said:

Without a date or venue, I'd be worried that once the bride finds a venue she will want different dresses than expected because the one she picked before doesn't match the venue.  I'd wait.  I'm surprised others bought them.

I knew she was going to be fantastic.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards