Chit Chat

FRIDAY!!

Re: FRIDAY!!

• Yay for all the Knottie Brides! I can't wait for CC to be flooded with AW posts!

I am feeling a little bit better this morning, so I am back at work. I have nothing on my schedule today, so it will be a day of portfolio reviews for me. Tonight I am going to go for a walk with H and maybe even play some HORSE with him at the park by our house.

Tomorrow will be a relaxing day. I might go shopping with my mom.

Sunday I am going to do yard work if the weather permits.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • kvruns said:

Tonight we're having dinner to celebrate my grandma's 93 birthday! Here's a picture of her from my wedding. Isn't she the cutest?

She's recovered amazingly well from her broken hip. It's unbelievable. 

Saturday we're taking spin and then we have my friend's daughter's first birthday party. 

Sunday - no plans! But I think we might paint the bathroom. 
    she does not look 93!!
    Right? She looks fantastic for her age! I have good genes, thankfully!
  • Tonight: Helping a friend record an album
    Saturday: Brewin' beer, catching up on all of the wedding planning that I've been ignoring, then celebrating a friend's birthday (maybe I should bring champagne? You all have inspired me!)
    Sunday: Backyard party for FI's brother who is moving away this week, then GAME OF THRONES!!! 

Maybe some sleep in there somewhere?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hicoco said:

lovegood90,
    ShesSoCold,
    pinkcow13

Friends is my BFF’s favorite show so we went with that for her
    shower. The invite was purple with the gold frame around it and said “The One
    Where Jake and Lauren Get Married”. We are using Friends DVDs as centerpieces
    with flowers on top and I have the poster from Monica’s apartment so we are
    going to prop that somewhere. We also have everyone bringing a recipe for “Chef
    Monica’s Kitchen Corner”. We are playing a version of the trivia game they play
    for the apartment and we used the same categories. We also got her the “Cooking
    with Friends” cookbook
    J We also got themed prizes (Subway gift card since Joey likes
    sandwiches, etc) and the menu is themed as well. We also got someone to make
    this cake:

That sounds AMAZING! I totally want to throw a party like this now just because! haha.

Formerly martha1818

• hicoco said:

lovegood90,
    ShesSoCold,
    pinkcow13

with Friends” cookbook
    this cake:

Could I BE any more jealous of your BFF's Shower?!?!?!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• If I do not see SO MANY AWs in the next week-two weeks I am going to HUNT YOU ALL DOWN.

@arrippa do you have Sailor? It's my favorite, but I'm not really a shimmery summery kinda gal. Looks so great with my white/beige floral jeans.
    it's definitely not a summer color but I really like it. How easily does it chip?
  • arrippa said:

If I do not see SO MANY AWs in the next week-two weeks I am going to HUNT YOU ALL DOWN.

@arrippa do you have Sailor? It's my favorite, but I'm not really a shimmery summery kinda gal. Looks so great with my white/beige floral jeans.
    it's definitely not a summer color but I really like it. How easily does it chip?
    Not easily at all.

• arrippa said:

If I do not see SO MANY AWs in the next week-two weeks I am going to HUNT YOU ALL DOWN.

Not easily at all.
    I added it to my check out basket. The summery ones are more for my toenails. I like darker for my fingernails. This will look great on my fingernails.
  • southernbelle0915 said:Oooooo, I can't wait for all the AWs. So many from this weekend's weddings and next weekend's weddings! :)
    After a tense few weeks over some bad screening results related to the pregnancy, we found ou this week that we're in the clear. Phew! So we're going out to celebrate tonight. We also found out last night that we're having a health baby boy!

I'm
    SO happy and relieved for you. More so than one should be for an internet stranger. 

As far as my weekend, tonight I'm going shopping with my sister for a dress to wear to a wedding in FL next week. Tomorrow I'm going to sit at home and pout because I hate being a responsible adult. I sold my hockey playoff ticket because I just bought four Stones tickets. Then I think we're going to the dirt track tomorrow night. Sunday I'll probably clean and grocery shop. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Oooooo, I can't wait for all the AWs. So many from this weekend's weddings and next weekend's weddings! :)

After a tense few weeks over some bad screening results related to the pregnancy, we found out this week that we're in the clear. Phew! So we're going out to celebrate tonight. We also found out last night that we're having a healthy baby boy!
    YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY! I've been thinking about you since you mentioned it. Congrats on fantastic news all the way around!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Congrats to all of the knottie brides! 

Tonight is going to be much needed relaxing.  I think SO and I will get a movie, pour some margaritas and go to bed early.  I haven't been sleeping very well lately, so I'm really looking forward to sleeping in as long as I can tomorrow. 

• Aaaaaaaand now I have 6 new nail polishes in my basket. Thanks a lot @arrippa. ;)

• @southernbelle0915 so happy to hear that all is well with your little boy!
  • arrippa, this season was boring at first but then the stuff hit the fan!! I swear, I am in love with Lisa Rinna. I didn't think I would like her and she's my favorite now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @pinkcow13, @lovegood90 I saw an article online where the woman just had a Friends themed party and did a ton of awesome stuff. You could totally do that!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh yeah I didn't answer the question.

Most of our weekend will be comprised of packing. We close on the old and new house next week Tuesday and Wednesday, respectively, and move on 5/9. We'll get the keys to the new place on either the 4th or 5th and start painting/moving over boxes then. We have 4 free hours of a moving company through our realtor, so we're hoping they can get the rest moved within that time. We'll mainly just have them do the furniture and we'll handle boxes. (And by we, I mean H. I ain't lifting shit, I just point.)

Saturday night though I have a bachelorette party, so that should be fun. I'm going to be so jealous of everyone's margarita though!

• Aaaaaaaand now I have 6 new nail polishes in my basket. Thanks a lot @arrippa. ;)

I have 13 bottles in mine. I don't need 13 bottles but I love all the colors!
  • FI and I are having  a date weekend. We've both been a little stressed lately due to work uncertainties and we've been feeling a bit disconnected with life. We have some hotel points saved up from his overnight trips so we booked a hotel in the next biggest city over (about a 2.5 hour drive).

We're going to get up early tomorrow and drive their, go to a restaurant we don't have in our town for lunch. Then we are going to go shopping and get ourselves each a new outfit (we both have gift cards from Christmas that we haven't been able to use). Get dolled up and go to this dark and romantical Italian place that we found last year. Probably make use of the hotels hottub.

Then Sunday take a leisurely drive back home in time for GoT, Mad Men and Outlander.

It's adorable how excited FI is. Whenever we go out of town, its always for a reason, and we always are running around like crazy trying to get things done and see everyone we can. This trip is soley for us.

Incidentally this weekend coincides with the day we met. So I jokingly told him that it was an anniversary trip, and how was he going to beat this next month on our actual 3rd anniversary?
    (Which is merely me teasing him since we actually don't even celebrate our anniversary with more than a 'happy anniversary')
  • Oooooo, I can't wait for all the AWs. So many from this weekend's weddings and next weekend's weddings! :)

After a tense few weeks over some bad screening results related to the pregnancy, we found out this week that we're in the clear. Phew! So we're going out to celebrate tonight. We also found out last night that we're having a healthy baby boy!
    OMG how scary!!! I'm SO so glad HE is OK!!! Yay!

We find out a week from today!!!!!
    DITTO. (We didn't make it a priority to schedule the appointment as early as humanly possible. I'll be 21 weeks.)

YAY @flantastic!!

We didn't either, but this is when it made sense to have the anatomy scan based on some timing of other stuff. Glad it worked out to be a little early, but didn't necessarily plan it that way.

• pinkcow13 said:

hicoco said:

lovegood90,
    ShesSoCold,
    pinkcow13

with Friends” cookbook
    this cake:

Could I BE any more jealous of your BFF's Shower?!?!?!
    LOL- I see what you did there ;)  
  • Stayed out way too late last night but I got to meet some of my favorite artists. Needtobreathe, Ben Rector, Drew Holcomb & the Neighbors, and Colony House. I was honestly so nervous at the VIP meet & greet that I could barely talk - it was awesome though.

Tonight after FI gets off work we're going to the river house and spending the weekend there. I'm super ready to relax and do some fishing!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• SO is out of town, so my weekend will be filled with a lot of lounging and a little bit of doing things for myself that I've been neglecting.

Tonight I'll get takeout and lay in bed watching Netflix and planning weekend trips for the few free weekends we'll have this summer. Laundry and bathroom cleaning.

Tomorrow I'm having brunch with a friend and then helping her paint at her house. Lay out at the pool in the afternoon if it doesn't rain. Clean the kitchen. Vacuum.

Sunday, grocery shopping and hopefully a haircut. SO will be home Sunday evening, and of course Game of Thrones at our friends' house on Sunday night!

So relieved for you! I wasn't sure what to expect with my own little boy, but he's the best and I'm sure yours will be, too!
  • Last night I roasted a whole chicken and today I will turn the leftovers into delicious green chile chicken stew. It's going to be face meltingly hot, just the way I like it! 

Sunday I'm having all my girlfriends over for brunch to meet Baby Will, so tomorrow we will probably go to Costco (or I will make H go alone...) and pick up stuff for that. I'm debating serving pomosas...and what with all this champagne talk, it's sounding more and more like a plan!
  • Explaining myself and relaxing since I had a random meltdown yesterday and basically sobbed for hours for no reason and H was all

I went off the pill this month and have started charting, although we aren't actually trying til September. I figured I wouldn't ovulate this month but even though my last three OPKs have been negative, I had a temp spike this morning and then an eruption of girl goo this evening. And my boobs hurt real bad. 

Fuck you, hormones. If it's this bad just going off the pill, H will want to move to a foreign country when I'm pregnant. 

So anyway. Studying and peeing in cups. That's what my life is now. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards