Chit Chat
Options

PreWedding Race

Re: PreWedding Race

• Options
    If you truly care that little about your guests, don't invite any.
  • Options
    I would MAYBE run a 5 or 10k, as long as it started early in the morning, for my 6 pm wedding. Maybe.

Running in mud the morning of? Hell no.

OP, I wish you would look at these responses and instead of seeing bullying, see people who are trying to help you and give you good advice. Making your guests sit around for you because you decided to do something unnecessary and risky the day of your wedding is horribly rude, and telling you that is not bullying. I've been bullied. Bullies do not say things with the intent to help you make better decisions.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    This is a really bad idea.
  • Options

I would MAYBE run a 5 or 10k, as long as it started early in the morning, for my 6 pm wedding. Maybe.

Running in mud the morning of? Hell no.

OP, I wish you would look at these responses and instead of seeing bullying, see people who are trying to help you and give you good advice. Making your guests sit around for you because you decided to do something unnecessary and risky the day of your wedding is horribly rude, and telling you that is not bullying. I've been bullied. Bullies do not say things with the intent to help you make better decisions.
    QFT 
  • Options
    Meh, do whatever you want. 

BUT you have an obligation to start your wedding on the time you put on your invitations. If y'all didn't invite anyone, you could start whenever you wanted. But you absolutely should not tell people your wedding starts at 4:30 and then show up at 5 because you decided to mismanage your time. 

I travel for most of the weddings I attend. I would be PISSED if I spent time and money to attend a wedding where the B&G showed up late (or not at all) because mud run. WTH? It's basically making a giant announcement to whoever you're inviting that:  Mud Run > them.

Of course it's your super special princess day. BUT when you invite people, you have an obligation to treat them with respect. Showing up and showing up on time are components of respect.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    lovegood90lovegood90 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015

Guys, she's doing a MUD RACE. This is so obviously....MUD. Hahaha...

ETA: On the off chance it's not, OP: If I spent tons of time and money to go to your wedding and you left me waiting hours for you, I would leave, take my gift with me, and would probably have a MUCH different relationship with you going forward.

I wouldn't be dramatic and end the friendship, but you will have lost a lot of my respect and I wouldn't make much of an effort to maintain our friendship.

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    I just don't get why you MUST do this race on your wedding day?  Like why?  What will you gain from this.

And sweetie my wedding started at 4:30pm.  Me and my two bridesmaids started getting our hair and makeup done at 8:30am.  So unless you plan on doing a simple blowout and minimal make up then you will not have enough time to get ready.

Also, if you kept me waiting at your wedding site because of a fucking mud run I would be beyond pissed.  It wasn't like you are stuck in traffic because an 18 wheeler jack knifed on the highway.  You are voluntarily doing something that could make you late to your wedding.  Rude, rude, rude.

• Options
    Telling you that your idea is horrible is not bullying. And yes, this is a horrifically bad idea. I've now planned and been through 2 weddings. Trust me - you don't want to do this the day of your wedding. 
  • Options

I just don't get why you MUST do this race on your wedding day?  Like why?  What will you gain from this.

And sweetie my wedding started at 4:30pm.  Me and my two bridesmaids started getting our hair and makeup done at 8:30am.  So unless you plan on doing a simple blowout and minimal make up then you will not have enough time to get ready.

Also, if you kept me waiting at your wedding site because of a fucking mud run I would be beyond pissed.  It wasn't like you are stuck in traffic because an 18 wheeler jack knifed on the highway.  You are voluntarily doing something that could make you late to your wedding.  Rude, rude, rude.
    Because, photos!!! 
  • Options
    I'm looking at this purely from a logistics standpoint. You won't have enough time.

It starts at 9:30 am, so let's say it takes 2 hours (have no idea if I'm over or underestimating). Now it's 11:30am. You have to get to your car potentially wash off quickly before getting in the car, so say it's 12. Now you have to drive 30 minutes back to your house to get ready. 12:30.

You're probably starving, so you'll have to order lunch for your wedding party. Everyone had to shower. Where is everyone showering? Eating and showering just for you, it's now 1:30 (this is way underestimating). 

Hair and makeup for the bride takes about 2 hours total, maybe less. So now we're at 3:30. You have to get into your dress, maybe take a few pictures and get to the venue for 4:30. You could probably do it if everything worked out perfectly, but this isn't taking into account the rest of your wedding party. 

It's a bad idea.

• Options
    Girl, please, please listen to reason- there have been many voices of it in this thread.  You get ONE DAY- why don't you enjoy it and relax and just get ready for the wedding?  You can run a mud race any time

Just my story, too- I ran Muddarella last year- I got so dehydrated (totally my fault for not drinking enough water) that I gave myself a killer migraine.  As in- throwing up in the back seat of the car on the way home, could barely shower the mud off me, couldn't get off the couch for 24 hours- migraine.  God FORBID, what if something like that happened to you?

Please, please rethink this.
  • Options

Because, photos!!! 
    Well if it is all for photos then she should run the race in her wedding dress and her FI in his tux. Now that would make for some awesome photos.
    Do one in the days following your wedding for a trash-the-dress, if you're into that.
  • Options

Because, photos!!! 
    Well if it is all for photos then she should run the race in her wedding dress and her FI in his tux. Now that would make for some awesome photos.
    Do one in the days following your wedding for a trash-the-dress, if you're into that.
    Why do it following the wedding?  I mean if this race is so important then she may as well just "trash the dress" before the wedding so that everyone will know just how bad ass and hardcore she is and how much she doesn't care what she looks like at her wedding.  And showing up in a muddy wedding dress will make her guests no longer care that they had to stand around and wait because they were running late.

• Options
    Omg, this idea is just...horrible.  I'm pretty sure OP is a troll, but if she isn't...

Last fall my SO's brother did the Tough Mudder out in Temecula.  We were up at 6 to make his 7:30 start time.  He didn't up starting his run until 8:30 because of the way the logistics worked out for the run (corralled groups).  He did it in record time, and it still took him almost three hours (average time was closer to 4 hours).  He was beat up, bruised, and exhausted.  SO and I didn't even do the run, but we ran around the course to watch him do the obstacles, and between that and the brutal sun, we were done by the end too.  We didn't even go out that night because we were so tired (and, despite putting on sunscreen constantly, I got super sunburned). 

That was all on a day where we had nothing better to do.  I can't even imagine trying to squeeze a wedding in.  The last wedding I was in, we started doing makeup at 7am for a 5 pm wedding and somehow we still ran behind schedule.  No idea how, but it happened.   You are living in a fantasy land if you think this will all work out well.  This is a horrible, terrible, no good idea, OP.  And the flippant attitude of "my guests will wait!" is disgusting.  They are traveling to see you get married and spending a lot of money to do so.  Spoiler alert, if you're getting married and inviting guests, the day ceases to be about you and becomes about them.  If you have a "fuck you" attitude towards your guests, then don't have any.  Do this the day before, or the day after.  There is zero reason for you to do it on the day of.  

• Options

I saw this when she posted it last night and was just, "Oh.... I don't have time for this shit."

• Options
    Logistically this race starts way too late for you to have enough time to get ready for your wedding. 

If this started at like, 7 a.m. I'd say it was a bit close but you do you.

But 9:30? Girl, unless you and your H and your wedding party are the first to every obstacle, you guys aren't getting out of there till 11 or later. 

Keep in mind other posters (including myself) have posted that we started hair at 8 a.m for 3-5 o'clock weddings. Unless you and everyone else in the party is doing wash and blow dry and done, there is no way you're going to get ready in time.

Anniversary
  • Options
    redoryxredoryx member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    chibiyui said:Logistically this race starts way too late for you to have enough time to get ready for your wedding. 
    If this started at like, 7 a.m. I'd say it was a bit close but you do you.
    But 9:30? Girl, unless you and your H and your wedding party are the first to every obstacle, you guys aren't getting out of there till 11 or later. 
    Keep in mind other posters (including myself) have posted that we started hair at 8 a.m for 3-5 o'clock weddings. Unless you and everyone else in the party is doing wash and blow dry and done, there is no way you're going to get ready in time.**boxes boxes**

Not only that, but chances are the wedding party all run at different paces and have different levels of athleticism. When estimating time to finish you have to go by the time of the slowest person in your group, not the fastest. 
  • Options

Mud run sounds awesome! Can I come?

No idea for team name, but I want to say how awesome that sounds, have fun & good luck & congrats on your wedding!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards