Not Engaged Yet

Mondayyyyyyyy

Re: Mondayyyyyyyy

• I had a great weekend. Friday I went to my friend's bridal shower and it was great getting to see her again. I'm so excited for her wedding in a few weeks! The rest of the weekend was just a lazy weekend. It's been cloudy and rainy here and it's supposed to keep being cloudy and rainy all week. So BF and I just hung out inside and watch movies and played video games. It was great to have a relaxing weekend where I didn't have to go into work at all.

• @Swazzle - I've been feeling pretty good! I'm not sleeping great, but getting enough to get by. My only annoyance is probably coworkers saying "you're still here?" every day. I want to scream MY DUE DATE ISN'T EVEN UNTIL WEDNESDAY! I know that's silly though. They're just excited and happy for me.

@eilis1228 - I promise to do a post as soon as this baby comes! 

@Southernpeach89 - I love your crib! I can't wait to see all the things you come up with for your nursery!! It's going to be so adorable!! We have the same carseat too - but ours is orange. I love the black though! It's fun looking at all the stuff, isn't it? (Maybe a little overwhelming too though!)

• @cu97tiger I love the granite and the lights are so pretty!

Anniversary

• @allusive007 We had so much fun looking at everything. I thought I was going to be overwhelmed but I was actually really excited and ready to start buying some things. I'm sure as it creeps closer to our due date, I'll probably start freaking out that I'm forgetting 1000 things.
  • @cu87tiger - love those lights and the granite!!!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@cu97tiger I love the granite and your new lights! Everything is going to look great!!

• @cu97tiger - I love your lighting and granite choices! I have a feeling i'm going to be SUPER jealous of your kitchen when you get everything done. Can't wait to see pics!
  • phiraphira member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    @swazzle Guess I wasn't the only one getting inked this weekend! H's tattoo looks great! And it's really sweet!!

@keptinstiches LADY I AM DYING I CAN'T WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT EVERYTHING

@labro Damn Yankees is one of my FAVORITE musicals ever, and not just because I'm a huge Red Sox fan. I first saw it when I was maybe twelve or thirteen, and the actress playing Lola kept up her Lola Banana accent throughout all of "Whatever Lola Wants." It was so hilarious.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @cu97tiger - I love those light fixtures SO MUCH. H and I have been eyeballing a chandelier for the dining room that is really similar! I can't wait to see pics when you install everything!

@allusive007 - Awwww! I can't believe how soon Baby Allusive will be here!

• labrolabro member

@phira The actress for Lola kept pretty close to it too for that song. That character was hysterical!

• @TwoDimes I've noticed that too this year. They've also done away with a lot of petite sizes in stores, which really bothers me. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes That's been my problem too. When they had their big 50% off sale I got a couple maxi dresses though and some new capris. But I haven't been in love with any of their tops this year and a lot of their shorts are just super eh. I haven't been happy with them at all. Loft Outlet is something else entirely. I can almost always find something there that I love.

• @TwoDimes - I mainly shop at their outlet, not in store, so I'm not sure.
  • @TwoDimes Ann Taylor usually has more classic things, but they're a little more expensive. The sales associates told me that they're starting to turn over inventory more quickly though. For example, they told me that in about a month they likely won't sell anymore white dresses because they'll be out of season. 

• @alPacina - In college, I went to a party that my friend's sister's roommate threw when her long-term boyfriend moved out.  She called it the "Jeff is Gone" party...and she threw it WHILE he was moving out.  Literally, we were all in the kitchen taking celebratory shots and he was loading his car.  Now that I'm a little older and have perspective, I think that was about the worst thing ever.  I feel really bad when I think about it!

My weekend was...meh.  I came down with both a sinus infection and strep on Thursday, so I had an unanticipated long weekend (because I couldn't get out of bed).  By Saturday morning the antibiotics had kicked in and I was feeling a lot better, so I took a yoga class and ran some errands.  Then I came home and started packing.  My brother has found a roommate for the summer, and they're moving in the last week of May.  Once he gets married in December, he and his wife will live in that house.  So, him moving in early is good for me (because then I'm not paying the mortgage by myself for the next 8 months).  But...I'm going to be out of town May 14-25, so I need to get everything packed up before I go.  So the next few weeks will be a little nuts.

This may be a P&R...because I was sick, I've gotten super behind on grading and have got to make a push to get it finished before class at 2:30...ugh!

But...LAST WEEK OF CLASSES!  Then finals and GRADUATION, eek!
  • ERG. This is the most obnoxious Monday I can remember in a while, after a rather disappointing weekend, so VENT.

I had a three day weekend, which I was really excited fo! After work on Thursday night/Friday morning, I came home, slept, went to Target and got lamps and other fun things for the apartment ("and on the 21st day, CLo FINALLY created light"), and put all of that together.

I was glad I had Friday evening to myself because I was supposed to be running around with friends all weekend (hiking on Saturday, museums and whatnot in DC on Sunday). Neither of those things happened. My one friend did come over on Saturday just to hang out, and I know she wasn't feeling well, so I was grateful that I even got to see her, but I was still sad that we didn't get to do anything active. Then my other friend cancelled on me at 11 the next morning, by which time I figured he was going to blow me off anyway, so I'd started doing other things and getting over it. He apparently was sick too, which I guess I believe, but why did he have to wait so long to tell me?? I did at least get some stuff done around here, and got my hair cut and highlighted, which I was in desperate need of. And my brother came over to have dinner and see the apartment last night, which was nice since we haven't hung out at length since I moved.

This morning I dragged my ass out of bed early to start this week's to do list and exercise. I got in my car and the dashboard read that my oil needs to be changed. I had that done less than a month ago and have only driven about 1500 miles, so WTF? It didn't look like anything had leaked into my space overnight, sooooo I'm not sure what to make of that. Drove 40 minutes to my gym (I still have some classes there to use up before I transfer someplace closer), and 15 minutes into my first class, I got my period. Which I was not expecting and was not prepared for at ALL. So I did some emergency management of that situation and just finished out the first class and then came home. So much for trying to be healthy. Ooh, and my haircut that looked so incredibly good yesterday now looks like a bowl, so that's frickin' fantastic.

I'm getting ready to go to sleep for work tonight. It's my first night off of orientation and I'm a little nervous! But my preceptors have all been bored out of their skulls for the past two weeks with me, so I guess that means I'm ready, right? Pray for me, y'all.

@KeptInStitches, ahhhhh, you're a wife nowwww! I was thinking of you this weekend and hoping everything was PERFECT! Can't wait to hear about everything!

@Swazzle, your H's tattoo is so freaking sweet. :') I loves it.

@cu97tiger, I'm so excited for your kitchen! It's gonna look smashing! Sounds like a fun (and only a little expensive ;) weekend!

@untouchablets, your CW sounds like a gigantic PITA! I wouldn't even know how to respond to him inviting himself.

@eilis1228, super cute finds! I LOVE the floral dress like OMG.

• @CLoGreenEyes maybe when you had the oil changed they didn't reset the computer? So maybe the alert is for your last oil change, if that makes sense.

• @eilis1228 that's the possibility I was thinking/hoping for. It just makes me panic every time I get in the car and see things light up that aren't supposed to!
  • I love The Loft the petite section is usually so tiny.  The Loft outlet however is amazing and has a good sized petite section.  I always walk away with a cute dress and some tops.  I buy in the kids department for any short and capris though. 

Anniversary

• @clogreeneyes - what a bummer weekend! at least you made the best of it, but sorry that happened. i hate when people wait til the last minute to cancel plans. when i flake (i admit,i do it sometimes), i make sure to do it early enough that it wont totally throw off that person's day!
  • @aurorarose41 I love that washer and dryer set! Very nice! Just be careful when you load stuff in the washer since you can't open the door once the cycle starts... we had one of those my sophomore year of college, and one of my roommates lost an iPod that way. Also, I can't believe how much more expensive the pedestals are... that is highway robbery! 

• Oh, my post was really long, but I forgot to add some WR details/other stuff from this weekend. Two good and one not so good. I will start with the good: I think I finally decided what website platform to use. I really like the look of Squarespace, and the wedding website templates are awesome. They are also fully customizable with a HTML/CSS developer built in, so it seems like exactly what I am looking for. It is pricey though, so I am still on the fence about it. 

But, FI and I both got our reviews back last week and got raises and bonuses (the bonuses went toward the Washer/Dryer), and the raises will help with paying for the cost of Squarespace, since I didn't budget anything for a website. So I think that's what we are going to use. 

Now the not so great news. My father has still been dealing with medical issues. He has been out of work since October due to surgery complications, and they were finally getting a little better it seemed. Then my parents sold their house (it was on the market prior to his surgery) and didn't hire movers, because my dad has always been a do it yourself type of guy and money was tight. They didn't tell me that they weren't hiring anyone or asking family members for help either until afterwards, and I was upset at that because FI and I definitely would have paid for movers given my dad's condition at the time. My father injured himself more moving things out of the house, to the point where he couldn't use the entire left side of his body. He couldn't walk. I called him Saturday morning, and talked to him, and he told me he was finally able to stand up for the first time in about 6 weeks on Friday, and took a shower on his own. I told him that was great and I was glad to hear he was healing, but to still take it easy. 

I lost it at what he told me next: "My motivation is that I want to dance with you at your wedding." You guys, I actually just started crying again while typing this in my office. I guess it finally hit me that there was a real possibility that he wouldn't be able to do that next year or walk down the aisle with me. I'm glad that it is keeping him strong and giving him a reason to fight, but thinking about that possiblity is difficult. At one point he even mentioned being concerned about not being around by that time due to his health issues, so I guess it just reminded me that there is a real possibility of that too. 

• @eilis1228 I know! They are $271 a piece on Lowe's.com! For molded plastic drawers! FI and I plan to build something like this for them (which will hopefully be MUCH cheaper): 

• @AuroraRose41 - Sending you hugs about your dad. 
  • @aurorarose41 - congrats on the W/D! what are pedestals and why are they so expensive?? sorry to hear about your dad. hopefully he will take it easy from now on and continue to heal. and let you and FI help with stuff like moving!
  • @CocoBellaF Thank you. It means a lot. 

@jenjen047 Thank you! The ones that you can purchase to match are just plastic drawers that go underneath. They raise the washer and dryer up a little so you don't have to bend over as much, and give you some added storage space. Those two things are really important to us, but FI is the son of a carpenter and I learned how to build things from my dad (he made sure I had a full tool kit before I moved out), so we should be able to build something out of wood for hopefully $100 instead of paying close to $600 for molded plastic. 

Also, my father is back in NY, while FI and I live in San Diego. There wouldn't be much we could do to help physically, but we at least could have paid for professional movers. I hope he continues to heal too, and thank you for the good vibes. 

• labrolabro member

@AuroraRose41 I'm sending healing vibes to your dad! I hope he starts doing better soon!

re the pedestals: H and I built our own too. It was kind of pain (even with carpentry experience). Be prepared to spend a lot of time getting them as level as possible and definitely have some shims on hand to just permanently shove under the stand. 100% worth it otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards