Chit Chat
Options

How did you spend your cash wedding gifts?

13»

Re: How did you spend your cash wedding gifts?

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

sarahufl said:

Rude.

Kidding, that is exciting. Also- how very adult that we are envious of other's kitchen appliances? I do have a double Viking oven and this amazing Viking range, so my kitchen isn't all bad :)

GAH knife in the stomach. OK you got me there.
    So no go on your teal one?
    No go. But I did get the green light on a sea glass tile backsplash.

• Options

jenna8984 said:

sarahufl said:

Rude.

Kidding, that is exciting. Also- how very adult that we are envious of other's kitchen appliances? I do have a double Viking oven and this amazing Viking range, so my kitchen isn't all bad :)

oh, I can't wait to get rid of my colonial farmer backsplash.
  • Options

WOOOO as soon as the AmEx bill comes in (POINTS!), some of it will be buying me EVERY stinkin' brand new appliance I just ordered for the new house! French door refrigerator with bottom freezer and filtered water/ice through the door. Gas range with double convection ovens. Ultra quiet high capacity dishwasher. Hood microwave with sensor cooking. HE top load washer with steam sanitize for baby diapers. High capacity gas dryer with PowerDry. Gettin' all hot 'n' bothered just thinking about it!

@lolo883 are you going to be cloth diapering? We cloth diaper, so hit me up if you have any questions.
  • Options
    Blergbot said:

WOOOO as soon as the AmEx bill comes in (POINTS!), some of it will be buying me EVERY stinkin' brand new appliance I just ordered for the new house! French door refrigerator with bottom freezer and filtered water/ice through the door. Gas range with double convection ovens. Ultra quiet high capacity dishwasher. Hood microwave with sensor cooking. HE top load washer with steam sanitize for baby diapers. High capacity gas dryer with PowerDry. Gettin' all hot 'n' bothered just thinking about it!

@lolo883 are you going to be cloth diapering? We cloth diaper, so hit me up if you have any questions.
    We're thinking about doing it!
  • Options
    Back to the original question, I bought a Waterford crystal vase.  DH is big into gardening.  I still have the vase, and I just filled it with roses today.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    H and I put the gift money we received into the designated wedding savings account, with the wedding money we had left over. It paid off my car and paid for most of our honeymoon. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

Blergbot said:

As long as you don't mind doing laundry, I think it's way better than disposables. If you hate laundry then it's probably not gonna work out. It's also quite a bit of money up front (around $400), but major savings overall. Plus, no chemicals and less waste!
  • Options

jenna8984 said:

sarahufl said:

Rude.

Teal???

I want this one so bad....image

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Blergbot said:

MagicInk said:

Blergbot said:

As long as you don't mind doing laundry, I think it's way better than disposables. If you hate laundry then it's probably not gonna work out. It's also quite a bit of money up front (around $400), but major savings overall. Plus, no chemicals and less waste!
    I'm just trying to figure out the whole out in the world thing. Cause most of our bathrooms don't have changing stations in the stall it's out in the general area. So do you just like...sit the diaper off to the side? And then once you get the kid in a fresh diaper, go dispose of anything that was in the other diaper?
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

Blergbot said:

MagicInk said:

Blergbot said:

I'm just trying to figure out the whole out in the world thing. Cause most of our bathrooms don't have changing stations in the stall it's out in the general area. So do you just like...sit the diaper off to the side? And then once you get the kid in a fresh diaper, go dispose of anything that was in the other diaper?
    Most of my friends just cloth diaper when they're home for this reason.
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

Blergbot said:

MagicInk said:

Blergbot said:

Yeah, we do disposables when we are out and about (which isn't much in the first few months). CD outside the house can be done, though. You just keep a wet bag handy, store the diaper in there until you get home and then deal with it.
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    @Blergbot yep, I think we're leaning toward Fuzzibunz, at least for the time MIL is babysitting. I know it would take a miracle to find a daycare that'll deal with them so we'll have to do partial disposable, and I don't think she'll be watching her full time.

• Options

@Blergbot yep, I think we're leaning toward Fuzzibunz, at least for the time MIL is babysitting. I know it would take a miracle to find a daycare that'll deal with them so we'll have to do partial disposable, and I don't think she'll be watching her full time.

I have four or five Fuzzibunz. At first they were my favorites, because they are the least bulky, but now they are my least favorite, because they leak. Their site recommends adding a hemp insert, but they don't sell them. I'm also not sure it would solve the issue, because the leaks are a leg gusset issue--but this may be because I have a preemie with skinny legs. 

My favorites are the Thirsties One Size Pocket. They are pricier, but they come with both a microfiber and a hemp insert, they are pretty trim, they are easier to stuff and they have double leg gussets. So far I've only had one leak with them.

Bumgenius Freestyle AIO are my second favorites. They are pretty bulky, but I haven't had a single leak, no stuffing is involved and they are cute. But they are very tight in the legs, which is good for leaks, but leaves red marks.

I also have three used Blueberry diapers. They're ok, but I've had a few leaks and even used they were pricey. 
  • Options
    Blergbot said:

I have four or five Fuzzibunz. At first they were my favorites, because they are the least bulky, but now they are my least favorite, because they leak. Their site recommends adding a hemp insert, but they don't sell them. I'm also not sure it would solve the issue, because the leaks are a leg gusset issue--but this may be because I have a preemie with skinny legs. 

My favorites are the Thirsties One Size Pocket. They are pricier, but they come with both a microfiber and a hemp insert, they are pretty trim, they are easier to stuff and they have double leg gussets. So far I've only had one leak with them.

Bumgenius Freestyle AIO are my second favorites. They are pretty bulky, but I haven't had a single leak, no stuffing is involved and they are cute. But they are very tight in the legs, which is good for leaks, but leaves red marks.

I also have three used Blueberry diapers. They're ok, but I've had a few leaks and even used they were pricey. 
    Ah yes it took my skinny-legged niece a little longer to grow into the fuzzibunz than my chunkaman nephew. We'll have to wait and see whether Lil Miss inherits her mom's thunder thighs or her dad's chicken legs. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards