Not Engaged Yet

Thursday!!!

2»

Re: Thursday!!!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

labro said:

@beanbot2002 Hugs! I know Sunday will be so hard, but I hope No-UH and Bean do a ton to make you feel loved and appreciated!

@Hummingbird125 Thanks for reminding me about ordering flowers! I just ordered flowers for my MIL so now we're all set! Yay!

@everyone doing house stuff - good luck!

I've been stuck in stupid meetings all morning and I have more this afternoon. Ugh. Luckily today is my Friday because I'm going to be "sick" tomorrow and Monday while I drive with my parents for a short beach getaway. I can't wait!

Tonight I'm going to the same festival as @southernpeach89. Luckily my office is basically right next to it so I don't have to worry about finding a parking spot. Once I'm done with meetings for the afternoon, H, my mom, and I are going to walk down there together. Yay food!

AM I NOT ALLOWED TO WALK WITH YOU?
    NO BECAUSE YOU'RE A MEANIE WHO TELLS OTHER PEOPLE SECRETS AND NOT YOUR OWN SISTER!

• edited May 2015
    labro said:

labro said:

@beanbot2002 Hugs! I know Sunday will be so hard, but I hope No-UH and Bean do a ton to make you feel loved and appreciated!

@Hummingbird125 Thanks for reminding me about ordering flowers! I just ordered flowers for my MIL so now we're all set! Yay!

I've been stuck in stupid meetings all morning and I have more this afternoon. Ugh. Luckily today is my Friday because I'm going to be "sick" tomorrow and Monday while I drive with my parents for a short beach getaway. I can't wait!

Tonight I'm going to the same festival as @southernpeach89. Luckily my office is basically right next to it so I don't have to worry about finding a parking spot. Once I'm done with meetings for the afternoon, H, my mom, and I are going to walk down there together. Yay food!

NO BECAUSE YOU'RE A MEANIE WHO TELLS OTHER PEOPLE SECRETS AND NOT YOUR OWN SISTER!
  • labrolabro member

labro said:

labro said:

FINE! But you have to wait with me in my stupid meeting.

• @jenjen047 - Happy Birthday!!

@TwoDimes - Would the doggy school let you postpone Indy in the CGC class for a few months?  If he's as hyper as it sounds, do you feel he will be able to pass the CGC test if he's being hyper?

@AlPacina - Sorry the house was a bust.  Make sure you get what you want, you have every right to be picky!  I too might be waiting longer for a new house than what I'd like.

@ellis1228 - YAY for a new mattress; I keep trying to talk my H into one.  That was so nice that your FI shared his dinner with you.

Anniversary
  • @lavenderfields13 - yes alma nove! ive never been but im excited. have you been?

@alpacina - haha thanks for making a note :)

@everyone thanks for all the bday wishes!!!!
  • @TwoDimes OMG I would have been livid too! I hope they go with what was originally quoted because what they're asking for is ridiculous. 
  • @TwoDimes lol wow...I would definitely keep fighting this.
  • @TwoDimes I'm crossing my fingers for you, that's insane!!

@jenjen047, I've heard it's good but nope I haven't been. I'm super picky and wouldn't eat anything on the menu lol

• labrolabro member

@TwoDimes OMG! I am so frustrated and annoyed for you! I really hope you get somewhere with the hotel because $2k for a ceremony space in the same area as your reception is total BS!!

Are you able to take Indy to a dog park or something pre-class? It might help run off some of her energy prior to doggie business time.

• @TwoDimes WTF at the venue trying to charge $2k for the ceremony space. WOW! I also LOLed at the "complimentary Plan B." No duh there's a free back-up plan in case of bad weather! This hotel is obviously trying to nickel and dime people, geez. I'm glad you're standing your ground! That is ridiculous!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @twodimes that is ridiculous I hope you get it sorted out soon.

Anniversary

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    labro said:

labro said:

• FaceTime with @swazzle tonight!! 

@beanbot2002 I send you all the hugs. 

I've got an overnight "retreat" with my sixth graders Friday night and then Saturday I'm going to pick up new furniture/couch covers from IKEA. I'm so excited. Now @ellis1228 will actually have a place to sit when she comes over instead of on the floor. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    @eilis1228 It wasn't too horrible, my dentist has massage chairs and TV's so I was not paying attention at all.  I have to go back next week to get the rest replaced. I guess the metal fillings do not last. 

@twodimes that is frustrating, but I'm not surprised.  One of the venues I use for events for work has a similar pricing for set up and tear down.  Hopefully you are able to negotiate with them and have the cost greatly reduced. -- ETA just saw that you have an email that states $300.  Even though that was the government quote instead of the hotel, I would use that as your bargaining tool since it is written proof for agreement

@alpacina Sorry the house didn't work out, but don't get discouraged.  It took us awhile to find and get ours. 
  • @audrewuh LOL I don't think I've ever sat on the floor at your house. 

@speakeasy14 Ohhh that does sound like a nice dentist's office!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes Where did the extra $325 come from then? If $625 doesn't include service charge and tax? I thought they were honoring $300? Or is the $325 for chair rentals and stuff?

• @eilis1228 - We are OK. I am drying out the house today. 9" of rain in one evening. Only minor outdoor damage.

Love for @beanbot2002.

Happy birthday @jenjen047!
  • All the hugs for @beanbot2002

@twodimes I would be so frustrated! I really hope you get everything worked out. I'm glad they brought the price down.

@labro and @southernpeach89 a tulip festival? That sounds really fun!

@goldenpenguin I love your board! It's going to look great!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • labrolabro member

@Blackbird230 I don't know where tulip festival came from. But  no, we're going to a food festival, kind of like Taste of Chicago? Except it's just for our town. Lots of restaurants, lots of food and drink samples, live music, etc. It's fun!

@jenjen047 Happy Birthday!!! I HOPE YOU HAVE AN AMAZING DAY!

• @labro ah problems of reading on my phone. Someone mentioned tulips...or I've lost my mind. The latter is possible.

• TwoDimes said:

labro said:

@TwoDimes Where did the extra $325 come from then? If $625 doesn't include service charge and tax? I thought they were honoring $300? Or is the $325 for chair rentals and stuff?

$300 was the city's quote for "rental" of the space. The hotel staff is honoring that price for the rental of the space only, then tacking on $325 for set/up tear down of chairs (possibly also charging for chair rental, but they didn't specify), use of a sound system, and use of the space for the rehearsal.

Honestly I'm really confused why they'd charge for ANY of that beyond rental of the space. They would have to set up and tear down the chairs anyway if we held the ceremony on the balcony... ? So why is set-up/teardown/chairs free on the balcony but costs money on the patio? Makes no sense.

ETA - actually the setup/tear down charge does make a little sense now that I think about it. The patio normally has other furniture on it. So the staff would have to move that furniture first, set up the ceremony chairs, tear down the ceremony chairs, and then replace the original furniture. So I guess that would be worth an addional cost since the balcony does not have any furniture on it. 

ETA2 - STILL doesn't explain the need for an additional 23% service charge though if they are already charging for the service!!
    I would ask them that.  Just say, "can you clarify why there is a set up and take down fee plus 23% service charge for this area, but not for that area?"
  • @twodimes so I wasn't dreaming! Just mixing up festivals.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards