Not Engaged Yet

WOOHOO!

In one week from this moment, I'll be on my way to @GoldenPenguin!!!!!

I got to FT with her and @audrewuh last night and it was lovely :) I screamed bloody murder while trying to kill a disgusting insect sent straight from hell and apparently I have a ghost.

The weather is not supposed to be great beach weather tomorrow and I'm really bummed out about it because I wanted one more day of tan before next weekend. I can't wait to see my puppy though!!!! I miss her so much. 

Yay for the weekend!

Re: WOOHOO!

• @Swazzle bummer about the weather but good that you get to see your pup!!

@SouthernPeach89 Good luck with the move!! I hope everything goes smoothly and your family is in your house in no time!!

Tonight BF is staying after work for a pizza party. They do one at the beginning of the summer and one at the end. I'm going prom dress shopping with my cousin so that should be fun!!

There are a few people out of the office today so it's hopefully going to be quiet and fly by!! 
    friends tv show funy
  • I'm just trying to get through this work day- I don't get much work stuff done here anyone. I can't focus! 
    I need to stop at the bank today to deposit a check that I got from one of my uncle's who isn't coming to the wedding- he sent a check for us back with his RSVP - so nice of him! I know it's really soon before the wedding but I sent a TY note and will deposit the check so it's not holding up his account. 
    Yesterday I got an RSVP from someone on FI's side who I had hoped wouldn't come. Boo. There's actually more people on his side who I hoped wouldn't come but they are. Oh well. 

Tomrorow I am getting a massage. I kind of don't even want to because I have so much other stuff to do but my Groupon is expiring! Then I need to find something to wear next Sat for my bach party...the weather keeps changing and I'm not sure what to wear. I never go out anymore and I want to look cute but don't know where to start.

My mom is flying in Thurs night and the apartment is so gross, I need to fit in time to do some major cleaning. 

• @southernpeach89 good luck with the move. Next time we move I am definitely hiring movers because moving seriously sucks!

• @caseface5 Have fun shopping for a prom dress with your cousin! I kind of miss those days! Shopping for those dresses was so much fun!

@lavenderfields13 Get that MASSAGE! Or give it to me lol.

@Hummingbird125 Good luck with your dress fitting! I'm sure it's going to be perfect!
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @southernpeach89 - Yay for moving weekend! I'm so excited for you! Vibes for a smooth moving day.

@caseface5 - Prom dress shopping! I think you should try some on for fun :)

@lavenderfields13 - Enjoy your massage!

@hummingbird125 - I love that ring! I can't wait to see the cornhole set. Take before/after pics! 

• Yay Friday!

@swazzle, enjoy your time with your puppy!

@southernpeach89, good luck with the move!

@caseface5, have fun prom dress shopping!

@lavenderfields13, enjoy the massage!

@hummingbird125, nice ring!
    ---
    Tonight H and I have gaming. I might bring along Boss Monster (card game based on 8-bit side scrolling dungeons - you are the monster at the end and your goal is to kill off the adventurers) and see if I can get part of the party to play a round with me before/after the main gaming session.

Tomorrow we're going to keep working on the house. We finally figured out what we want to do with the shelves in the kitchen cabinets for liners, so as we wash the dishes from the wedding gifts we're lining the shelves and putting everything away. It's a process. I'm going to try to do some laundry as well, and H is going to mow the lawn and trim up by the house. We've had ants already again this year - I blame the damn peonies.

Sunday we're spending Mothers' Day with my family. Since my brother and I have birthdays next week and my parents' anniversary is also next week, Mothers' Day ends up being a catch-all celebration for my family.
  • @TwoDimes Yep. He has a Summer job that he started early this year because he is starting his graduate program so he wanted to get some extra money for tuition and fees. He works at a BBQ restaurant close by while he is on break.

@Keptinstitches We have the same thing with Mother's Day. DH has two moms basically...his Mom and his stepmom and then there is my mom. Then Mother's Day also falls on his little brother's birthday and his Dad's birthday so we have lots of celebrating going on around this time of the year too.
  • I'm so glad it's Friday.  I had a good update at the doctor this morning which helps.  So the day is starting off pretty well.  My allergies aren't too bad today either.  No plans for tonight really just relaxing a bit studying and getting some stuff done around the house.  Tomorrow is my niece's communion, then off to a late lunch early dinner.  Not much else planned for Saturday.  Sunday I need to get some studying done and hopefully H gets some stuff done around the house. 

Anniversary

• Yay Friday! It's felt like a really long week and I'm just ready for it to be over. Today is going to be busy at work and I'm really not in the mood for dealing with people which isn't a good mix. My mom called to tell me she was diagnosed with a fairly serious heart condition last night. I don't really know how to feel about it because it's not like she is dying but it's not something she can get better from so it will get worse eventually and cause problems eventually but it's hard to predict when eventually will be. Oh and I have the cramps from hell today so I really just want to curl up in bed and watch Harry Potter movies all day.

• @bethsmiles Sorry to hear about your mom :(  My mom's side of the family has a lot of heart issues too

@Hummingbird125 I love that your FI (I wrote H and had to change it!) loves his ring! My FI was the same way- didn't care at all at first so I thought he'ed end up with a cheap Tungsten ring. Then I found one on Etsy that he loved so we ordered that one. So we went from thinking we'd spend $30 to spending over $300 but I want him to love it. I hope it fits because it can't be resized!

• @lavenderfields13 - The seller FI bought his from insisted on sending a ring sizer first, which definitely helped - did yours do that? And yeah, I looove how much he loves it! Every since we've gotten engaged he's said things like "I don't know if I'm going to like wearing a ring all the time" and "I don't think a ring will look good on my hands" and now he's downright excited to get to wear it :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @lavenderfields13 where are you going for your bachelorette? Maybe we can help you pick out an outfit, so it is one less thing to think about.  Also, definitely enjoy every second of that massage, it sounds like you need something to help you relax.  

@lmcooper86 Happy wedding weekend!!!!

@southernpeach89 good luck with the move!!

Last night we took my bf's grandparents out for dinner. We met them at the golf course they were playing at.  They are 88 years old and refuse to use a golf cart, and played all 18 holes.  They also ski all winter long.  I hope to have as much energy as them when I'm that age.

After dinner we went to the driving range with my bf's brother and his girlfriend.  We were there until they kicked us out because it was dark.  They fly back to Texas tomorrow, so we'll be hanging out with them again tonight.  Tomorrow will be housework then meeting up my old roommate and her husband.  Sunday will probably be a day for housework. 
  • @swazzle Kiss that Snoos face for me!
    @southernpeach89 Good luck moving!!
    @hummingbird125 I better see lots of dress pics! And I love your FI's ring!!

"Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• @lavenderfields13 - The seller FI bought his from insisted on sending a ring sizer first, which definitely helped - did yours do that? And yeah, I looove how much he loves it! Every since we've gotten engaged he's said things like "I don't know if I'm going to like wearing a ring all the time" and "I don't think a ring will look good on my hands" and now he's downright excited to get to wear it :-)

No he didn't send us a sizer, just seriously suggested you go to the jewelry store to get sized so that's what we did. My FI was the same exact way- said he doesn't like wearing jewelry and he probably wouldn't wear the ring often. Then we found the one we ordered- I'm thinking he will wear if more if he really likes it. 

• @speakeasy14 I don't know what the bachelorette plans are! I don't know why these parties are supposed to be so secretive? lol. I was told that we'd be staying somewhere overnight and to wear what I would wear to anyone else's typical bachelorette party but not too fancy. That's all I got!

• Tearing up at my desk so bad @beanbot2002! I cry every time I even imagine my mom being gone. Thank you for that. 

• @speakeasy14 I don't know what the bachelorette plans are! I don't know why these parties are supposed to be so secretive? lol. I was told that we'd be staying somewhere overnight and to wear what I would wear to anyone else's typical bachelorette party but not too fancy. That's all I got!

This is what I got told too, and I was SO ANNOYED. haha. It ended up being perfect, so I'll tell you not to stress out, but I also fully understand that that's practically impossible.

*******************************************************************************************

• @beanbot2002 - Your post made me tear up at my desk, it's probably the best advice I could get.

• I am a zombie today. I got up at 4:45am to make dining reservations for our Disney World honeymoon, and it was not a very magical experience. I was able to secure reservations at most of our top choices, but three were already full/had no reservations available. One of my plan B options was available, but it was weird because they charged us $120, so I guess we have to pre-pay for that particular dinner? I also had to get a really late dinner reservation at one place, but I think it will be fine. I wasn't able to fall back asleep until 6:30, and now I'm just tired as hell.
    I was talking about it just now with a coworker, and our male, single, douchey coworker overheard. He yelled out into the hall if this was a trip we were looking forward to, and I said it was my honeymoon, so yes, we were looking forward to it. He then said that I should have told FI I wasn't a good planner so I wouldn't have had to do the planning and made him do all the work. I side eyed him for a while. That's just such a lazy, douchey attitude to have. My other coworker rolled her eyes too at him. 

I'm a total crab ass right now lol. I don't do well with little sleep. Thank God we're staying on Disney property so I could make reservations for all of the days we're there 180 days in advance of our arrival... if we had stayed off property, I would have had to get make dining reservations every day at 5am for the next 10 days. I would have cried.

I'll read everyone else's updates later this morning... gotta prep for a meeting first. Sorry for being so lame on a Friday!

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    @bethsmiles Lots of hugs! I completely understand the feeling of having your mom have heart issues.  If you need someone to talk to, feel free to pm me!

@lavenderfields13 I suggest just wearing a cute party dress, but something comfortable. If you think it is going to be chilly, bring a light jacket.  It sounds like it will be lots of fun, so I'm sure you'll be moving around enough to stay warm.  
  • @bethsmiles, big hugs. You, your mom, and your family are in my thoughts.
  • @speakeasy14 yea, I was going to look for a cute dress to wear but now it looks like the weather may be crappy. So I may look for a dress and a nice top to wear with jeans. 

So..is it weird that I feel like I don't know where to shop? I feel like I'm at a weird age. I'm 28 so I'm not a teenager and feel like I can't pull off most of the juniors section stuff anymore but don't want to spend a bazillion dollars on a shirt at a store for actual adult women. lol maybe this is a problem only I have. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards