Chit Chat

you knotties are nofun

Re: you knotties are nofun

• I'm a blogger that's had a decent amount of success and been published elsewhere under my actual name so it's easy to find me.  But my Instagram and Twitter and Website are all public so it's no surprise.  I also have a fairly uncommon last name so you'd have to dig deep to find someone that isn't me.

• My full name pulls up a film director, an artist, and a doctor before I find my Linked In page and a really old twitter I don't use anymore.  Probably should delete that.

Googling what my married name will be, comes up with no results if I do the exact spelling.  Some results come up if they spell Alison with two L's
  • Oh no, they're back!

• redoryxredoryx member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

I'm a blogger that's had a decent amount of success and been published elsewhere under my actual name so it's easy to find me.  But my Instagram and Twitter and Website are all public so it's no surprise.  I also have a fairly uncommon last name so you'd have to dig deep to find someone that isn't me.

All of the above applies to me as well.

I actually have two Google searches -- one with my middle initial, one without. I use my middle initial professionally and it brings up a different set of results like scholarly books and articles.

• I would have never ever thought of Google if it hadn't been pointed out to me that it's a search engine at my disposal!

_ seriously?

I'm an Ask Jeeves kind of girl, myself.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I would have never ever thought of Google if it hadn't been pointed out to me that it's a search engine at my disposal!

_ seriously?

I'm an Ask Jeeves kind of girl, myself.
    Does NO ONE use Altavista?

• jenna8984 said:

MagicInk said:

I AM SO SAD THAT I AM CALLED NO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM NO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SADS!!!!!

I FEEL ATTACKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM TOO SAD TO PAGE A MOD FOR THIS PERSONAL ATTACK! I HAVE BEEN ATTACKED PERSONALLY! 

SHE INHIBITING MY ENJOYMENT BY SAYING I AM NOT FUN!!!!!!
    I personally believe you are the Gateway to Fun!!!
    I thought alcohol was the gateway to fun? Or was that gateway to drunkeness? I forget... 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @littlepep you were a horse in a the world championship finals. I mean...that means you were probably a champion in like your whole country.

(note: I have no idea how horse competitions work)
  • I will never see this movie.
  • FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    Little and Pep are both names that are common in cutting horses and reiners. Lots of very good horses go back to Peppy San Badger (his nickname is Little Peppy, lifetime earnings of $170k) and Smart Little Lena (total earned by self and progeny is close to a million. So if you were a horse and that was your name, you'd probably be worth a lot of money! (like $30k+ probably if famous horses are parents vs great great great grandparents). The big competition for that is the National Cutting Horse Association championships and it is a big deal. So yeah, very fancy! I actually assumed that was what your name was from and you must have horses, haha. 

Cutters get money. I have a western pleasure so I get ribbons. Comparably good bloodlines, but she is worth $5k by comparison. lol. 
  • FiancB said:

Little and Pep are both names that are common in cutting horses and reiners. Lots of very good horses go back to Peppy San Badger (his nickname is Little Peppy, lifetime earnings of $170k) and Smart Little Lena (total earned by self and progeny is close to a million. So if you were a horse and that was your name, you'd probably be worth a lot of money! (like $30k+ probably if famous horses are parents vs great great great grandparents). The big competition for that is the National Cutting Horse Association championships and it is a big deal. So yeah, very fancy! I actually assumed that was what your name was from and you must have horses, haha. 

Cutters get money. I have a western pleasure so I get ribbons. Comparably good bloodlines, but she is worth $5k by comparison. lol. 
    Oh you don't ever win money?  The ppl who ride western pleasure at my barn to the Quarter Horse national shows and some of the other big ones and they have won money prizes before.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Yeah, but compared to other events like cutting and barrel racing, it's not very common. 

One of the biggest purses is $100k at a futurity at the Quarter Horse Congress. It doesn't really begin to cover the costs of getting a horse to that point. People can actually make money if they're good at barrel racing, with pleasure if you're lucky you might recoup some costs but not all. Incentive fund kicks some money back but not a whole lot. I picked the wrong damn discipline. 
  • FiancB said:

Yeah, but compared to other events like cutting and barrel racing, it's not very common. 

One of the biggest purses is $100k at a futurity at the Quarter Horse Congress. It doesn't really begin to cover the costs of getting a horse to that point. People can actually make money if they're good at barrel racing, with pleasure if you're lucky you might recoup some costs but not all. Incentive fund kicks some money back but not a whole lot. I picked the wrong damn discipline
    Nah!  As long as you have fun, who cares, right?

I think all the money is what ruins the horses and these disciplines, personally.  It makes it hard for people who aren't wealthy to participate on an even playing field.  And then people go nuts and overbreed/inbreed these horses if they start to win big- bad idea to limit genetic diversity.

Impressive, anyone?

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• So I Googled myself and... wow, there are a ton of people with my name. Not a single picture of me comes up in the image search, and the only stuff that comes up in first like 20 pages of the web search are people who are not me. Even if you add my state, there are at least a handful of people with my name. Then there's like eleventy billion teenage girls in Asia with my name. 

My unusual name feels way less unusual.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its

FiancB said:

One of the biggest purses is $100k at a futurity at the Quarter Horse Congress. It doesn't really begin to cover the costs of getting a horse to that point. People can actually make money if they're good at barrel racing, with pleasure if you're lucky you might recoup some costs but not all. Incentive fund kicks some money back but not a whole lot. I picked the wrong damn discipline

I think all the money is what ruins the horses and these disciplines, personally.  It makes it hard for people who aren't wealthy to participate on an even playing field.  And then people go nuts and overbreed/inbreed these horses if they start to win big- bad idea to limit genetic diversity.

Impressive, anyone?

That's why the jumper divisions at USEF have become insanely huge and popular. It doesn't matter if your horse is the best bred, worth the most, whatever... if he jumps quick and clear, you can win. Hunter and eq divisions are becoming painfully small at some shows because it's all politics and who has the more expensive horse. Sad.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    There are so many people with my first and last name combo that even when I search by by hometown + state, there are about a bazillion results that aren't me. Even if I add my middle initial, they're still not me! There's a very famous (or, at least, very news-worthy) person who is associated with a very famous organization with ties to my hometown who shares my name, so basically every picture is of her, haha. 

If I change my name to FI's last, I'd be one of four in the country, I think. 

• tcnoble said:

FiancB said:

Impressive, anyone?

That's why the jumper divisions at USEF have become insanely huge and popular. It doesn't matter if your horse is the best bred, worth the most, whatever... if he jumps quick and clear, you can win. Hunter and eq divisions are becoming painfully small at some shows because it's all politics and who has the more expensive horse. Sad.

Because those are divisions within a quarter horse breed show, right?

I'm not a quarter horse person- nice horses, but not the breed for me and not interested in the shows for the reasons you stated.  I'm more into the true English hunter/jumper shows.  But my horse is not really the right horse for those so I just have fun training and riding at home.

I don't have the money to compete in the true hunter/jumper world, either!  Those horses are also $$$$$$$

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards