Chit Chat

you knotties are nofun

1234568»

Re: you knotties are nofun

• littlepep said:

FiancB said:

Little and Pep are both names that are common in cutting horses and reiners. Lots of very good horses go back to Peppy San Badger (his nickname is Little Peppy, lifetime earnings of $170k) and Smart Little Lena (total earned by self and progeny is close to a million. So if you were a horse and that was your name, you'd probably be worth a lot of money! (like $30k+ probably if famous horses are parents vs great great great grandparents). The big competition for that is the National Cutting Horse Association championships and it is a big deal. So yeah, very fancy! I actually assumed that was what your name was from and you must have horses, haha. 

Cutters get money. I have a western pleasure so I get ribbons. Comparably good bloodlines, but she is worth $5k by comparison. lol. 
    This is way fancier than my user name, which legit comes from the stray black and white cat in my neighborhood that I try and force to love me. Last week I ran around the block chasing it with a handful of food. Needless to say, Pepper was not interested. 

....are you me?
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• esstee33 said:

There are so many people with my first and last name combo that even when I search by by hometown + state, there are about a bazillion results that aren't me. Even if I add my middle initial, they're still not me! There's a very famous (or, at least, very news-worthy) person who is associated with a very famous organization with ties to my hometown who shares my name, so basically every picture is of her, haha. 

If I change my name to FI's last, I'd be one of four in the country, I think. 
    I just looked up what will be my married name and the only one that comes up is FI's second cousin who lives in South Dakota.  I guess she and I will be name twins.
    Married 9.12.15
  • littlepep said:

FiancB said:

Little and Pep are both names that are common in cutting horses and reiners. Lots of very good horses go back to Peppy San Badger (his nickname is Little Peppy, lifetime earnings of $170k) and Smart Little Lena (total earned by self and progeny is close to a million. So if you were a horse and that was your name, you'd probably be worth a lot of money! (like $30k+ probably if famous horses are parents vs great great great grandparents). The big competition for that is the National Cutting Horse Association championships and it is a big deal. So yeah, very fancy! I actually assumed that was what your name was from and you must have horses, haha. 

Cutters get money. I have a western pleasure so I get ribbons. Comparably good bloodlines, but she is worth $5k by comparison. lol. 
    This is way fancier than my user name, which legit comes from the stray black and white cat in my neighborhood that I try and force to love me. Last week I ran around the block chasing it with a handful of food. Needless to say, Pepper was not interested. 

....are you me?
    You guys are my sister!  She loves to force cuddle the cats.

I just like to pick them up and cradle them like infants bc they are such drama queens about it.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its

tcnoble said:

FiancB said:

Yeah, but compared to other events like cutting and barrel racing, it's not very common. 

One of the biggest purses is $100k at a futurity at the Quarter Horse Congress. It doesn't really begin to cover the costs of getting a horse to that point. People can actually make money if they're good at barrel racing, with pleasure if you're lucky you might recoup some costs but not all. Incentive fund kicks some money back but not a whole lot. I picked the wrong damn discipline
    Nah!  As long as you have fun, who cares, right?

I think all the money is what ruins the horses and these disciplines, personally.  It makes it hard for people who aren't wealthy to participate on an even playing field.  And then people go nuts and overbreed/inbreed these horses if they start to win big- bad idea to limit genetic diversity.

Impressive, anyone?

That's why the jumper divisions at USEF have become insanely huge and popular. It doesn't matter if your horse is the best bred, worth the most, whatever... if he jumps quick and clear, you can win. Hunter and eq divisions are becoming painfully small at some shows because it's all politics and who has the more expensive horse. Sad.

Because those are divisions within a quarter horse breed show, right?

I'm not a quarter horse person- nice horses, but not the breed for me and not interested in the shows for the reasons you stated.  I'm more into the true English hunter/jumper shows.  But my horse is not really the right horse for those so I just have fun training and riding at home.

I don't have the money to compete in the true hunter/jumper world, either!  Those horses are also $$$$$$$
    No, hunter and eq are also offered at the USEF hunter/jumper shows... I know some of the bigger QH circuits have the hunter/jumper divisions as well... but I've noticed the decline at the USEF shows especially because they used to be big.

I have a soft spot for quarter horses... I love the breed. But I'm horseless for now :( my in-laws have horse property so boarding wouldn't be an issue, it's just having the budget to horse shop for something. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015

esstee33 said:

There are so many people with my first and last name combo that even when I search by by hometown + state, there are about a bazillion results that aren't me. Even if I add my middle initial, they're still not me! There's a very famous (or, at least, very news-worthy) person who is associated with a very famous organization with ties to my hometown who shares my name, so basically every picture is of her, haha. 

If I change my name to FI's last, I'd be one of four in the country, I think. 
    I just looked up what will be my married name and the only one that comes up is FI's second cousin who lives in South Dakota.  I guess she and I will be name twins.
    There actually might only be two others of mine -- I didn't realize before that 3 of the LinkedIn results seem to be for the same person, haha. 

I'm pretty sure almost everyone with FI's last name is related to him. It's very uncommon. They're almost all in South Dakota too, coincidentally! 
  • littlepep said:

FiancB said:

....are you me?

I just like to pick them up and cradle them like infants bc they are such drama queens about it.i 
    I force cuddle my cats when they are doing something bad. I cradle them and tell how they have the cutest little fuzzy faces and they try to wiggle away and give me the "what fresh hell is this" look. 
  • tcnoble said:

tcnoble said:

FiancB said:

Yeah, but compared to other events like cutting and barrel racing, it's not very common. 

One of the biggest purses is $100k at a futurity at the Quarter Horse Congress. It doesn't really begin to cover the costs of getting a horse to that point. People can actually make money if they're good at barrel racing, with pleasure if you're lucky you might recoup some costs but not all. Incentive fund kicks some money back but not a whole lot. I picked the wrong damn discipline

I think all the money is what ruins the horses and these disciplines, personally.  It makes it hard for people who aren't wealthy to participate on an even playing field.  And then people go nuts and overbreed/inbreed these horses if they start to win big- bad idea to limit genetic diversity.

Impressive, anyone?

That's why the jumper divisions at USEF have become insanely huge and popular. It doesn't matter if your horse is the best bred, worth the most, whatever... if he jumps quick and clear, you can win. Hunter and eq divisions are becoming painfully small at some shows because it's all politics and who has the more expensive horse. Sad.

I'm not a quarter horse person- nice horses, but not the breed for me and not interested in the shows for the reasons you stated.  I'm more into the true English hunter/jumper shows.  But my horse is not really the right horse for those so I just have fun training and riding at home.

I don't have the money to compete in the true hunter/jumper world, either!  Those horses are also $$$$$$$
    No, hunter and eq are also offered at the USEF hunter/jumper shows... I know some of the bigger QH circuits have the hunter/jumper divisions as well... but I've noticed the decline at the USEF shows especially because they used to be big.

I have a soft spot for quarter horses... I love the breed. But I'm horseless for now :( my in-laws have horse property so boarding wouldn't be an issue, it's just having the budget to horse shop for something. 
    Yeah I know.

I thought FiancB was talking about how those classes are dwindling at quarter horse shows. . . because we had been talking about quarter horse shows.  I didn't think she meant they were dwindling at USEF shows too.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    littlepep said:

tcnoble said:

tcnoble said:

FiancB said:

Impressive, anyone?

Yeah I know.

I thought FiancB was talking about how those classes are dwindling at quarter horse shows. . . because we had been talking about quarter horse shows.  I didn't think she meant they were dwindling at USEF shows too.
    Ohhhh I understand now. But yes, the divisions aren't as big at the USEF shows now too. Just that political game going strong.

We just bought a two acre property and I'm petitioning DH for a mini horse barn. He isn't amused.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • littlepep said:

FiancB said:

....are you me?

I just like to pick them up and cradle them like infants bc they are such drama queens about it.i 
    I force cuddle my cats when they are doing something bad. I cradle them and tell how they have the cutest little fuzzy faces and they try to wiggle away and give me the "what fresh hell is this" look. 
    My cat is super tolerant. He just sits there and looks just as annoyed as he usually does, pretty much no matter what I do to him. My sister... she kind of gently bounces him on her knees singing "ride-a-pony" and THAT pisses him off. 

He's gotten about to the point where he meows and "runs" away (which means he runs 3 steps, lays down, and resigns his fat ass to his fate) any time she comes around. He hates her. I cannot imagine why.

The other cat, who is not mine, hates it when anyone picks her up to love on her or loves on her when she doesn't want it, but if she WANTS love, she wants it RIGHT-FUCKING-NOW-BITCH. I have yet to ever actually get her  on her back, haha. She thinks she is queen bee.
  • littlepep said:

FiancB said:

....are you me?

My cat is super tolerant. He just sits there and looks just as annoyed as he usually does, pretty much no matter what I do to him. My sister... she kind of gently bounces him on her knees singing "ride-a-pony" and THAT pisses him off. 

He's gotten about to the point where he meows and "runs" away (which means he runs 3 steps, lays down, and resigns his fat ass to his fate) any time she comes around. He hates her. I cannot imagine why.

The other cat, who is not mine, hates it when anyone picks her up to love on her or loves on her when she doesn't want it, but if she WANTS love, she wants it RIGHT-FUCKING-NOW-BITCH. I have yet to ever actually get her  on her back, haha. She thinks she is queen bee.

One of my cats will not tolerate being picked up. She squirms until you let her down. FI insists on picking her up shirtless and then gets made when he gets scratched. He's like she scratched me! No dear, she was trying to escape. Not the same. 

My other cat loves snuggles. She will tolerate me holding her. She doesn't love it, but she'll let me do it for a bit. 

My friend's cat is the BEST. He lets you hold him like a baby on your hips and then nuzzles his face in your neck. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • littlepep said:

littlepep said:

FiancB said:

....are you me?

One of my cats will not tolerate being picked up. She squirms until you let her down. FI insists on picking her up shirtless and then gets made when he gets scratched. He's like she scratched me! No dear, she was trying to escape. Not the same. 

My other cat loves snuggles. She will tolerate me holding her. She doesn't love it, but she'll let me do it for a bit. 

My friend's cat is the BEST. He lets you hold him like a baby on your hips and then nuzzles his face in your neck. 

I WANT THAT KITTY.
  • I've used this screen name since AOL so it's out there. Fortunately, I've used a fake name with it for so long that nothing real comes out of it.

When I google my real name, there's a fair amount of content but nothing unexpected. There is no one else out there with my name, spelled as it is. I have an odd last name so it's pretty unique. I'm also all over a bunch of press releases so my name pops up regularly.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My username doesn't come up with anything yo do with me.

My maiden name rarely did either, as it was a common last name like Smith or Jones.

My married name is rare, so literally everything for the first page is of me. Or if my BIL since he posts a lot of pictures too. The pages are all of me, a few of them are work related/wedding photographer related, and my instagram pops up.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • littlepep said:

littlepep said:

FiancB said:

....are you me?

I WANT THAT KITTY.

My mom's cat likes to be carried and held like a baby. He is so super fluffy adorable that it just kills me. Just snuggles up against your chest and rests his  face on your shoulder. Sometimes, he puts his little arms around my neck. 
    I always volunteer to cat sit.
    I love Bert.
  • tcnoble said:

littlepep said:

tcnoble said:

tcnoble said:

FiancB said:

Impressive, anyone?

Yeah I know.

Ohhhh I understand now. But yes, the divisions aren't as big at the USEF shows now too. Just that political game going strong.

We just bought a two acre property and I'm petitioning DH for a mini horse barn. He isn't amused.

Aw we'll Boo to both those things!

• I'm pretty anonymous until you include my current state. Boo. I  must be the only one with that name in this state. :/
  • I hope OP comes back and realizes that Knotties ARE indeed fun AND know an amazing amount about cats and horses.
  • Stated on another thread...my firstname maidenlastname is the same one used by a gal who writes graphic short sex stories and sex novels.

Oh yes, apparently I write a lot of smut, and IM GOOD AT IT!

All that pops up now is my linkedin and DH's and my wedding page.

At least there's an image that conveys how I feel when newbies and snowflakes ask really, really, really bad questions and then get mad at the responses....
  • Just saw the tent and chairs. Holy shot.its real.

• So I Googled myself and... wow, there are a ton of people with my name. Not a single picture of me comes up in the image search, and the only stuff that comes up in first like 20 pages of the web search are people who are not me. Even if you add my state, there are at least a handful of people with my name. Then there's like eleventy billion teenage girls in Asia with my name. 

My unusual name feels way less unusual.
    Sorry, but this is what I got when I googled you:

Pfft, there's no Asian girl there. Foiled you again, Google!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• One of our cats will ride on your shoulder like a parrot. We call him our pirate kitty. He thinks he's a dog, he loves pettins and snuggles and will climb into any lap that has a blanket and burrow there purring like mad. He also loves giving head boops. Actually both of our cats head boop. 
  • This is literally all I can think of. In other news I was apparently a cute adolescent boy that graduated in '10. Go me. 

• As far as I can tell, I'm the only person with my name in the ENTIRE WORLD. That makes me the most speshul of speshulest snowflakes!

When I had my maiden name, I was the only one in the world with that name. It was awesome. Choosing a Gmail account was SO FUCKING EASY. Now that I've taken my husband's name, I'm cursing Gmail. I can't get a fucking account set up with my new name. #fwp

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards