Chit Chat

WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO OBSESSED WITH

Re: WHY ARE YOU PEOPLE SO OBSESSED WITH

• HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2015

Zapp's makes Voodoo chips that are amazing! I'm not sure where all they are available bit they do ship www.zapps.com

I was just going to ask where all the Zapp's love was.  Their Cajun Crawtators are so good, but Voodoo are the best.

I bought these for the first time yesterday, and I put a serious dent in them last night:

http://content.costco.com/Images/Content/Product/621032b.jpg

ETA:  I should have mentioned that I have found Zapp's locally at World Market and Dean & Deluca, if anyone is looking for them and is near either of those.
  • Heffalump said:

Zapp's makes Voodoo chips that are amazing! I'm not sure where all they are available bit they do ship www.zapps.com

I was just going to ask where all the Zapp's love was.  Their Cajun Crawtators are so good, but Voodoo are the best.

I bought these for the first time yesterday, and I put a serious dent in them last night:

Ugh, FI went to Costco yesterday, and he did not buy these. Now I will have to go to Costco myself.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Heffalump said:

ETA:  I should have mentioned that I have found Zapp's locally at World Market and Dean & Deluca, if anyone is looking for them and is near either of those.
    Zapp's Cajun Crawtaters AND Voodoo are going in our welcome bags! I'm as excited to sample the goods as I am to actually get married.
  • Y'all are making me think I need to up my chip game.  I just eat plain Ruffles and tortilla chips with salsa or guacamole.  I'm boring. :(

• Must. Find. Dill pickle chips.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Tomato and sweet basil triscuits are pretty awesome.
  • Seriously, I see where you're coming from... I was hoping for ideas and advice on some of the difficult things that have come up planning from afar, but have been bashed on both sites for making the decisions with my partner, our parents and friends that we feel best suit our needs and wishes for our big day.
  • afox007afox007 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I hope you ladies are happy. I just ate an entire bag of sweet and spicy chili Doritos.

It helped but I'm still not satisfied. If someone wants to send me ketchup chips I'd love them forever.
  • doeydodoeydo member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    Remember these?
    Why do they discontinue everything? Sheesh.

ETA I think A and I are getting a couple groceries once I get there and now I think I might have to pick up some chips.  Thanks guys (no seriously, I love me some junk food, so actual thanks for making me have a specific craving). 
  • I'm obsessed with David's BBQ seeds and hey just changed the recipe. WHY
  • Please ladies... I seriously am NOT trying to start anything or get snippy. But after the first reply to my first post was... " you gave her a job and pretended it was an honor. ...and pretended to respect her" ..... I was like WTH??? My friend insisted on being in charge of as much of my wedding as she could so I gave her something to be in charge of.
    I didn't know about lurking here 1st. I wasn't prepared for what I took as getting jumped on and I reacted poorly. I just feel there's different ways to express ones-self to make a point.
    Such as "if someone has 20 roommates and 17 of them think something is a bad idea..." It doesn't come across as if the person being address is being personally attacked.
    Just my $0.02... ♡
  • doeydo said:

Remember these?

Why do they discontinue everything? Sheesh.

ETA I think A and I are getting a couple groceries once I get there and now I think I might have to pick up some chips.  Thanks guys (no seriously, I love me some junk food, so actual thanks for making me have a specific craving). 

YESSSSSSS.  Sometimes I think I'm going crazy because not everyone remembers them.  If I was the Woody Harrelson character in Zombieland, I'd be looking for those instead of twinkies.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Please ladies... I seriously am NOT trying to start anything or get snippy. But after the first reply to my first post was... " you gave her a job and pretended it was an honor. ...and pretended to respect her" ..... I was like WTH??? My friend insisted on being in charge of as much of my wedding as she could so I gave her something to be in charge of.
    I didn't know about lurking here 1st. I wasn't prepared for what I took as getting jumped on and I reacted poorly. I just feel there's different ways to express ones-self to make a point.
    Such as "if someone has 20 roommates and 17 of them think something is a bad idea..." It doesn't come across as if the person being address is being personally attacked.
    Just my $0.02... ♡

Not trying to start anything either. But I just read that thread you're talking about. All 4 pages of it. All I got out of it is clarity about your teensy case of sour grapes, and an English ladyboner for @TrixieJess.

And I'm the most boring chip-eater ever, I've got plain old Lays.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Oh, I had three blessed days of mobile editing ability and now it's gone again.

And I am being completely straight about my use of teensy above - it seems you're moving on and participating, instead of flouncing. Yay! We are a very caring group of girls, and we generally just want you (general and specific) to have the best wedding anyone in your circle has ever been to.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I just bought sour cream and onion pringles, and may have eaten half of them. Sorrynotsorry.

• edited June 2015
    Just my $0.02... ♡
    http://www.theonion.com/video/in-the-know-are-tests-biased-against-students-who--17966

Here's the thing. As long as my advice is good, or my commentary is on point, I don't really care if you like my delivery. I expect mature adults to be able to understand that behind the tone, there may be a valid point there which bears looking at without getting super defensive. If multiple people react with disgust to your plans, it is likely your plans are shitty. I would say "make sure you only deliver messages in ways that people will like" is moderately equivalent to the above link. I don't need to cater to the oversensitive.
  • No I don't want you to only deliver messages people like. I even said in the thread I referenced I wouldn't have felt like everyone hated me and thought I wasn't welcome here if I had been told "etiquette dictates that you don't give your friends/ guests jobs". I would have gotten the message you were trying to deliver A LOT quicker. Maybe that's just me....
  • @pinkrevenge --- your delivery was perfectly badass my dear... I reworded it to soften it a bit. I guess maybe I need to read between the lines some more and practice my swag and moxie.
  • No I don't want you to only deliver messages people like. I even said in the thread I referenced I wouldn't have felt like everyone hated me and thought I wasn't welcome here if I had been told "etiquette dictates that you don't give your friends/ guests jobs". I would have gotten the message you were trying to deliver A LOT quicker. Maybe that's just me....

I understand, but honestly the message wasn't entirely for you. Other people might read a comment like mine and think, "Yeah, I guess that is how that sounds to other people if you say/do that to someone. Better not do that." Sometimes it's also difficult for us not to comment with something that's essentially "Not this shit again..." which everyone else who is a regular here likes/understands because it's just venting that we're going to have to go through explaining some aspect of etiquette yet again when it really should be common sense or easily learned through lurking. I knew someone else (or I) would eventually get to rationally explaining it in that thread, but not every post is going to be directly for the greatest benefit of the OP or the person quoted, and it doesn't really need to be.

There's also a good reason the TOS distinguishes between statements like "You're a shitty person" and "That behavior is shitty." One is a personal attack on your character, the other one just points out a hopefully temporary mistake. If someone takes commentary on their behavior and equates it with "everyone hating them" that's a logic fail on their part, not ours. There are very few people we genuinely dislike, and that's usually a result of that person continually trying to stir the pot/antagonize/give bad advice for the sake of doing so, which is why Southernbelle posted the way she did above in - most of us want to like you.
  • justsiejustsie member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    Has anyone else had these??

ETF: image

• I am so glad I live near PA, I don't know how you people can live with Lays, after tasting the goodness that is Gibbles and Grandma UTZ (even regular utz).

But I will demolish Ruffles sour cream and cheddar. Those are heaven sent.

Anniversary
  • @justsie omg I didn't know they had other flavors outside the lightly salted, but if I'm not paying attention I can down a bag no problem. So good.
  • justsie said:

The ceaser is freaking amazing! I om-nommed a bag in about 2 secs. I shared some with my boyfriend but couldn't stop myself from continually putting my hand in the bag and the deliciousness in my mouth.

Dumb question, why was OP banned? Her post was obviously ridiculous but did she say anything offensive or done something that violated TOS?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • justsie said:

The ceaser is freaking amazing! I om-nommed a bag in about 2 secs. I shared some with my boyfriend but couldn't stop myself from continually putting my hand in the bag and the deliciousness in my mouth.

Dumb question, why was OP banned? Her post was obviously ridiculous but did she say anything offensive or done something that violated TOS?
    I wondered the same thing. I don't have TOS memorized but isn't it a violation to deliberately post something for the sake of stirring the pot? Trolling I guess?

I took a quick look over at the thread referenced over there and it's all so petty. They make fun of us, we of them. Internet comments at their worst.
  • edited May 2015

justsie said:

I wondered the same thing. I don't have TOS memorized but isn't it a violation to deliberately post something for the sake of stirring the pot? Trolling I guess?

I took a quick look over at the thread referenced over there and it's all so petty. They make fun of us, we of them. Internet comments at their worst.
    This account was an AE for the OP. Her original account remains. AEs are a tos violation, they result in a warning and are banned.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards