Flowers

Boutonniere replacements

Recently, I inquired about flowers for my wedding.  Having ten bridesmaids and ten groomsmen the cost of flowers was outrageous and way out of our budget.  I have been able to find a non floral replacement for my ladies with lanterns and fairy lights, but I am not sure what to give the groomsmen as a replacement.  My fiance has told me that the men will not care if they don't have anything, however I feel somewhat bad.  Have any of you who did not do floral boutonnieres find any replacements?   

Re: Boutonniere replacements

• Pocket squares? May be just as expensive though. What abut a grocery store floral department? Mine does bouts. for way cheaper than a florist.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I feel like the pocket squares for our groomsmen were something like $5 a piece. Definitely a super cheap alternative. You could also go with nothing at all. I don't think it's against etiquette or anything like that to not have flowers.

• Here's a pretty detailed DIY boutonniere tutorial, and Pinterest has lots of non-floral bout ideas. If your girls are carrying lanterns with fairy lights, some small found objects (keys, buttons, etc.) with ribbon will probably go perfectly.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • At it's very simplest form, a boutonnière is just a flower stuck in a buttonhole. It doesn't need to be elaborate or expensive. 
  • I DIYed all our flowers, and made the bouts and corsages out of artificial flowers to match the real ones. I think I spent about $45 on all the supplies to make 14 bouts and 3 corsages.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards