Chit Chat

We have been betrayed!

13»

Re: We have been betrayed!

• NOPE.

This gif just made my life better 
    Ha! I had the same thought when I found it yesterday. It completes me.
  • chibiyui said:

Come on guys, Jezebel isn't a good etiquette source. They should just stick to feminist issues. 

I don't expect great etiquette from Jezebel, but I am surprised at such entitlement.

Also, disappointed that Pinkham can dish it, but apparently can't take it.
    Pinkham has struck me as annoying and whiny for awhile. Now he's just an irrational loon who has something against fondue sets, as mentioned before.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• futuremrshpfuturemrshp member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    redoryx said:

I'll never understand the logic of "We're adults and we've been living together for X number of years and we don't need anything SO PAY FOR OUR VACATION FOR US CAUSE WE DON'T WANNA DO IT OURSELVES." 

This is what I'm raging about now.  I was sideways told that I was rude for not registering for anything, but then my friend who is sitting right next to me who is getting married after me sets up a Honeyfund and everyone thinks it's awesome and such a great idea.  We both chose these paths for the same reason -- we live with our future spouses and we're kind of covered on the homefront.

My FI and I saved up points and stuff so we can go on whatever trip we want, whenever we want with the right to do nothing the entire time of said trip.  I don't need my Aunt Susie paying for a zipline adventure when we know good and doggone well we are not going to do anything like that.  I'd rather get a second toaster randomly because I had no registry than to feel obligated to set up adventures. 

that's just me though.

ETA:  And of course, no one who is getting married is entitled to a gift, etc.  I guess that's why I'm so blindsided by these hints of hate about no registry.  It's like Jeez, that's not the point of getting married!!
  • I thought you were supposed to mention the registry information to your parents, MOH, & best man, and that they were supposed to field those questions if people were interested. Or put it on your website if you have one, so that people can order stuff right online and ship it to you.
  • SepiaTone said:

I thought you were supposed to mention the registry information to your parents, MOH, & best man, and that they were supposed to field those questions if people were interested. Or put it on your website if you have one, so that people can order stuff right online and ship it to you.

Legitmentally no one I know would've thought "Hey you think Magic is registered anywhere? I know...lets ask her mom!" they just...asked me. "Hey Magic, where you registered?" easy peasy lemon squeezy.
  • littlepep said:

This girl is my spirit animal. I have that face 90% of the time because people are stupid. 
    According to Fi, I channel her on the daily (because stupid people). And that is exactly the face I'm making now after being off of here for 3 days. What in the flying fuck is going on here?
  • A small ruckus. 
  • A small ruckus. 

I'm catching onto that...
  • edited May 2015
    I just wanted to say nice GIF
  • Yeah, I'm living with my fiance too. Know how we handled it.... no registry at all, no shower, no honeymoon right now. We'll stay at a nice hotel night of the wedding and go away together later and pay for it ourselves. The only thing I expect from my guests is if they said they are coming then show up.... and I really hope they have a good time. And telling people to fuck off is just as tacky as a honeyfund... 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards