Chit Chat

Confessions

I feel like we haven't had one of these in a while. 

I confess that last night when my husband fell asleep on the couch, I didn't wake him up to come to bed. I slept diagonally and gloriously all night long without him and the dog snoring. 

You? 
Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

Re: Confessions

• I confess that I got rid of around 400 articles of clothing at my yard sale on Saturday, and went shopping all Sunday and Monday to refill my closets and drawers.  It's a sickness, I tell ya!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I charged my passport fees on my husband's credit card and I'm justifying it by "but it's for US!"
  • I guilted my husband into driving 20 minutes to Walmart to get stuff to make me popcorn last night.

• I just ate a 12 inch sub, a small bag of chips and 2 cookies. I'm not even mad.
  • I haven't been doing shit all day at work.  What are they gonna do, fire me?  June 5th can't come soon enough. 

Married 9.12.15
  • I confess that I put off all adult-stuff until after 1pm and am now rushing to get it off while simultaneously trying to postpone it...

• I've been wasting time in forums and reading Game of Thrones fan theories all morning at work.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Do you guys know the app Map my Run? It tracks your runs or walks and tells your pace, your time, your distance, and sometimes your calorie burn. So cool. And you can "friend" people so that they might get a notification like peachy ran 3 miles for 30 minutes (LOL) and my friends will be all like "aw, good for peachy."

Anyway, this week I've been slacking running outside and decided to go on the treadmill today during my break. You can use the app on the treadmill but it only times you; it can't use the GPS since you're not really moving forward, so it won't tell you your distance or pace. And whether I'm sprinting or crawling on the treadmill, it will still alert my friends that I "ran" for 35 minutes, which is what I did today. Except I walked about 70% of it. Heh.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I feel like we haven't had one of these in a while. 

I confess that last night when my husband fell asleep on the couch, I didn't wake him up to come to bed. I slept diagonally and gloriously all night long without him and the dog snoring. 

You? 
    Done that so many times. H knows not to fall asleep on the couch anymore or I'm leaving him there. 

Confession - joining the club of those who haven't done any work today and instead cruised the internets. I really need to start working but I have zero motivation. Wish I had something more juicy to share.
  • yogapantsyogapants member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    Basically all I do at work is play on the Internet. When they actually give me stuff to do I complete it thoroughly and quickly, but this hasn't encouraged them to give me more work. So...Internet it is.

I learned about the "Waiting List" on WeddingBee last week and I've gone over there to gawk at the batshit every day since then.
  • yogapants said:
    Basically all I do at work is play on the Internet. When they actually give me stuff to do I complete it thoroughly and quickly, but this hasn't encouraged them to give me more work. So...Internet it is. I learned about the "Waiting List" on WeddingBee last week and I've gone over there to gawk at the batshit every day since then.

I actually get annoyed when I have a lot of things to do at work because it means I won't have time to play on the internet. And thanks for the WB tip! Here I come to lurk :)

• I feel like we haven't had one of these in a while. 

You? 
    Done that so many times. H knows not to fall asleep on the couch anymore or I'm leaving him there. 

Confession - joining the club of those who haven't done any work today and instead cruised the internets. I really need to start working but I have zero motivation. Wish I had something more juicy to share.
    Oh yes. Since the shitshow last week (and subsequent shit storm), I've done like two hours of work. Peachy's sig describes me perfectly right now. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Work is insanely slow and half the office is on vacation. I've got some online shopping done and worked on my ceremony script. And I totally wasn't going to go the whole 'I'm the bride, therefore I must wear white to EVERYTHING' but I found this absolutely adorable white dress online for 30$ so I bought it to wear to my shower and to the rehearsal. Sigh.

Also, FI and I have been trying to cut back on our alcohol intake leading up to dress fittings and summer events, so we've limited ourselves to 2 drinks a week. FI is out of town this week. I've finished an entire bottle of white and started on a red. Sorry not sorry.
  • I put all of my fuel for the weekend (total of 24hrs of driving) on FIs CC so that he would conveniently pay it off.. I figured I drove to see him, and all of his was on his company so it was for both of us? 

I have also been watching TV all day while working because a day on the couch with the lap top isn't terrible right?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    I ate pizza last night & then went through the McDonalds drive through for some french fries. 
  • NowIAmSypNowIAmSyp member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    yogapants said:
    Basically all I do at work is play on the Internet. When they actually give me stuff to do I complete it thoroughly and quickly, but this hasn't encouraged them to give me more work. So...Internet it is. I learned about the "Waiting List" on WeddingBee last week and I've gone over there to gawk at the batshit every day since then.
    ----- BOX --------

I'll bite- @yogapants what in the world is this??  Curiosity piqued :)
  • @soontobesyp I was curious too and just looked it up. Apparently people who want to get engaged but aren't yet sign up to be put on a list so they can be added to a board and removed from this list when they're engaged. It has almost 200 people on it...

• I've been over-indulging in codein-laced cough syrup this week. Tastes horrid but the sleep is oh so good.
  • @soontobesyp I was curious too and just looked it up. Apparently people who want to get engaged but aren't yet sign up to be put on a list so they can be added to a board and removed from this list when they're engaged. It has almost 200 people on it...

I don't think the waiting list is that bad... I was on it for like a week.

Now the SIUP (Shut it Up Pact)... that's a little out there.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    @soontobesyp I was curious too and just looked it up. Apparently people who want to get engaged but aren't yet sign up to be put on a list so they can be added to a board and removed from this list when they're engaged. It has almost 200 people on it...

So you can't be on those boards if you aren't engaged? Or is there a wait list to even be a user on that site? F that I'm not waiting in line for a message board?!
  • No. It's a list that is kept on the Waiting board and is updated every 2(?) weeks of WB users who are waiting for a proposal. Some of these people are on the "Waiting List" for years.
  • fyrchkfyrchk member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    I went to bed at 6:00 last night and when the FI called me to ask me to do something, I ignored his call. I was tired, dammit!
  • julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    I'm turning into the "rustic bride" that everyone snarks on.  I'm using burlap and mason jars (no lace though, except my dress).  Wedding's in a barn (although it's a barn that was converted to a reception venue, so it's clean and has real bathrooms and a kitchen).  And now.... I'm using antlers on my invitations.  Sorrynotsorry. 
    Married 9.12.15
  • yogapants said:
    No. It's a list that is kept on the Waiting board and is updated every 2(?) weeks of WB users who are waiting for a proposal. Some of these people are on the "Waiting List" for years.

I was wondering if I understood it right.

Honestly, unless you're assisting someone else with a wedding, why be on a wedding board before you're engaged? Not trying to sound snarky. I've been told I'm unusually unromantic because until I realized I wanted to spend the rest of my life with my FI, I've never contemplated having a wedding. I didn't dream about my wedding day when I was a little girl, etc. So I honestly don't get the whole "waiting for a proposal" thing.

Actually, here's my confession for today: Since my FI proposed I have transformed into a complete romantic sap. I watched 50 First Dates the other day and became a mess. It's kind of funny, but very unexpected.

• yogapants said:
    No. It's a list that is kept on the Waiting board and is updated every 2(?) weeks of WB users who are waiting for a proposal. Some of these people are on the "Waiting List" for years.

I was wondering if I understood it right.

Honestly, unless you're assisting someone else with a wedding, why be on a wedding board before you're engaged? Not trying to sound snarky. I've been told I'm unusually unromantic because until I realized I wanted to spend the rest of my life with my FI, I've never contemplated having a wedding. I didn't dream about my wedding day when I was a little girl, etc. So I honestly don't get the whole "waiting for a proposal" thing.

Actually, here's my confession for today: Since my FI proposed I have transformed into a complete romantic sap. I watched 50 First Dates the other day and became a mess. It's kind of funny, but very unexpected.
    You are not alone.  I am/was the same way.  I think the NEY board is straight up weird, and so are the Pinterest boards you see if girls who aren't even in a relationship planning their dream wedding (don't get me started on how unrealistic it all is too) I never thought of what my "dream wedding" would be except very occasionally.  But now, good lord, I cry at all kinds of stuff.  I was on Spotify the other night researching wedding bluegrass music to use for pre-ceremony and man I was a mess.  At instrumentals. 
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards