Not Engaged Yet

Thursdayyyyyyyy

2»

Re: Thursdayyyyyyyy

• I like @eilis1228 's maxi idea.  But shoes?!?  This hike before the ceremony is strange to me.
  • @eilis1228 I'm not allowed to wear those anymore since that's how I broke my foot.
  • i also love @eilis1228 idea.....but if youve had prior maxi dress injuries id stay away. especially if hiking is involved....hiking + you + maxi dress = ???
  • jenjen047 said:
    i also love @eilis1228 idea.....but if youve had prior maxi dress injuries id stay away. especially if hiking is involved....hiking + you + maxi dress = ???
    Would equal -- image
  • @speakeasy14 Oh no! Definitely don't want you to get injured again, especially while hiking before a wedding. That would be awful! How about something like this that can still be dressed up or down easily? http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/adrianna-papell-jersey-faux-wrap-dress/3950440?origin=category-personalizedsort&contextualcategoryid=0&fashionColor=&resultback=2200 How long of a hike are we talking here? And how long before the wedding is this taking place? If not too long of a hike and just before the wedding starts, you could just wear sneakers/appropriate hiking shoes with the dress and change your shoes and add accessories afterwards really fast. If it's a longer hike and/or a few hours before the wedding, just wear jeans and then change into your dress in the bathroom or hotel before the wedding. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @jenjen047 good to know even though I don't look forward to the smell of burning hair lol

@speakeasy14 I would definitely NOT be going on a hike before the ceremony..that's awkward. 

@caseface5 I wasn't sure if @alpacina was joking or not so I didn't say anything but I DEFINTELY believe in mediums as well. I've had plenty of experiences where I've felt people in my family that have passed. 2 of my aunts friends that she works with also are mediums I guess you would say. They don't do it for a living but..they see dead people! There is absolutely no denying their ability.

• @eilis1228 I like that dress.  

I think I'm just going to conveniently not be able to hike that morning. The ceremony is outdoors at a lake/mountain/field? area, hour and a half away from where we are staying/reception area, with no place to change.  After the ceremony we are driving back to where the reception will be and there's a huge gap. The guys have said they are going golfing during that time. I'll probably be on here updating you guys on all the eye rolls. 
  • SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    labro said:

@caseface5 I wasn't sure if @alpacina was joking or not so I didn't say anything but I DEFINTELY believe in mediums as well. I've had plenty of experiences where I've felt people in my family that have passed. 2 of my aunts friends that she works with also are mediums I guess you would say. They don't do it for a living but..they see dead people! There is absolutely no denying their ability.
    Sorry, it's just when you said that I couldn't get this out of my head AT ALL!

@caseface5 Listen, you do you in regards to what helps you grieve, but do you know that your BF has interest in something like this? I'd just tread carefully since it's his dad who passed and it's his own grieving process. I know you said you'd sell his ticket if he wasn't interested, but I'm wondering if you even know if there's interest to begin with.
    All of this. 

• @LaBro He has mentioned that it might be something he would want to do. I would have to ask him outright, but I will do so on Sunday. He goes back and forth on things all the time so he also might say no at first, and then think about it and change his mind. I got him other significant things for his birthday so if he wants to join this will just be an extra gift. If he doesn't want to join then the ticket will be easy to sell as I know a few other people who would want it.
    friends tv show funy
  • @jenjen047 - I'm on like week 6 (well week 7 but I took 1 week off) of nutrisystem.  Their site is going through some major changes and transferring to a new site, if you want any of the 'new sites' that popped up from them closing down community, let me know.  Good luck with your laser hair removal!

@Swazzle - Netflix for every room in the house (ok, maybe not).

@eilis1228 - It stinks you can't explore as much as you'd like to now - could you fly down/back on a weekend so you get one or two extra days in San Fran?  If not planning vacations can be fun and you might have the advantage of 'lay of the land' while planning.

@AlPacina - I only wish I knew what questions to ask, I'm driving myself crazy with this!  I hope you get your house!!  I hope you get it and AW it!!

@cu97tiger - Have fun at your event tonight!!

@Caseface5 - That's cool that you get to take your BF to see the medium.  I'm a skeptic, but after my dog died, I contacted a pet medium to see if it would offer any kind of peace of mind.  She knew things about my dog's treatment/passing I had not shared with the public, so it was pretty interesting.  I'm still a skeptic, but I know in the long run it at least did help me through my grieving process.  I hope it can help your BF as well.

@Speakeasy14 - Try not to freak out, things always have a way of coming together and getting done in time!  As for the wedding - are you close enough to the couple to call the bride/groom and ask?  I would choose a dress and change out shoes to be honest. 

Anniversary
  • @dignity100 Its my bf's family who I've only met once. I tried getting answers from him and all of that chaos was his response.  His mom hasn't decided what to wear yet, but I may be able to get more information out of her because it is her side of the family. Trying so hard not to be super judgey, but right now its a losing battle. Also, here are questions you should ask your builder (This and This).
  • @Dignity100 Unfortunately we're there over a full weekend for the conference (Friday - Monday), so taking extra days would mean taking PTO that we need to save for the wedding and honeymoon. :(

@speakeasy14 I would bow out of the hike too! That's so odd to do one before the ceremony, especially with the ceremony being in such a remote place already. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @dignity100 im sooo mad NS got rid of community. why would they do that???? it was so helpful to me last time i was on it. i found a myfitnesspal group, what are the others? how is the program going for you?

@lavenderfields13 im back from my laser appt! first off...it was so fast! maybe 5-10 minutes of actual laser time. which is nice. to be honest it mostly felt like tiny pin pricks but there were a few areas that were REALLY painful (felt like burning and a big zap). there were probably only 3-5 spots that were really bad. she did tell me to do a better job shaving on the back area next time (she suggested squatting down in the shower). overall it was probably equally painful as a wax. i had already booked my 2nd appt a few weeks ago since this location books up quickly and today i booked my appointment after that. ill probably always book one session in advance so i can make sure to stay on schedule. i cant wait to see what happens over the next 2 weeks!

@alpacina do subsequent sessions hurt less since there is less hair?
  • @jenjen047 - NS wanted people to use their FaceBook as their 'social media site'.  I will say their community was outdated and they probably just didn't want to move it, hopefully they'll take all the feedback of people wanting a more private community over FB and integrate it into the new site/app.  The program is working - slow but steady weight loss (I've been around 1-2lbs a week and go 'off plan' on the weekends trying to keep to a sensible diet though).

Anniversary
  • @jenjen047 - I felt a lot less in the areas where there was already thinning. :) And a section that I'm not sure if she missed the first time or w/e had a lot more feeling associated with it.

I have felt absolutely no pain at all though. She stuck a big ice pad between my legs before she went down there because it's apparently a more sensitive area. However, I would be worried if it was REALLY painful. I heard it could be like that, but there is new technology that is supposed to take that burning away. Did the pain stick around after the laser turned off? Does it still hurt? If it does, I would try to stick some ice on it.

How long between appointments are you going?

• edited May 2015
    @jenjen047 I'm terrified now LOL. Before I read that I was thinking "I get tattooed for hours on end and that's no big deal to me so I can handle this" but now I'm being a big baby again!
    hmm..never thought of squatting, I will have to try that haha

• @alpacina - no the pain stopped immediately when she stopped the laser. right now i have no pain or soreness at all. im going every 6 weeks so my next appt is july 9 and then august 20. doing 8 session altogether.

@lavenderfields13 - its definitely no worse than a tattoo (though my last tattoo was 8 years ago) and its so quick. honestly 99% of it was virtually the same as tweezing and there were just a few zaps that were bad (but the pain stopped as soon as she stopped the laser). the laser also blasts out cold air, which is really nice because she would do the laser for a few seconds and then just blast cool air over my va-jay-jay.
  • @dignity100 - yeah i heard that was why they got rid of the forums but i find that silly. the forums had different groups so you could find a group that matched with you and then get to know the other people on that forum. just posting on a fb page isnt nearly the same. i agree it was outdated but i dont understand why they couldnt build a new one while keeping the old one. also they used to have a NS app and im pretty sure it linked with the website. now they have the numi app which is its own thing, i so have to enter everything twice. GR.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards