Wedding 911
Options

Invitation Memo

MISSLINDAHMISSLINDAH member
First Anniversary
edited May 2015 in Wedding 911
We are getting ready to do our invitations for our Sept 6th wedding. I keep seeing and hearing from friends that are getting married also, that people are rsvp'ing for plus one or for the whole family, we are trying to keep our guest list low since we have such an extended family. 

So my question is, Is it rude to include a note in the invitations stating " we have # of seats reserved for your party"

Re: Invitation Memo

• Options
    Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    No, not rude. Check out the invite board for proper wording but it goes on your RSVP card. But still be prepared for people to add extra guests. Some people are just dumb or too self absorbed to realize that they are being rude. If this happens then you just have to call up said guest and tell them "I am sorry but that invite was only for you."

Just remember that you need to invite any and all SOs. But truly single guests are not required to be given a plus one.

• Options
    No, not rude. Check out the invite board for proper wording but it goes on your RSVP card. But still be prepared for people to add extra guests. Some people are just dumb or too self absorbed to realize that they are being rude. If this happens then you just have to call up said guest and tell them "I am sorry but that invite was only for you." Just remember that you need to invite any and all SOs. But truly single guests are not required to be given a plus one.

___BOX____

Exactly this. 

Be explicit with the address on the envelope (like, Mr and Mrs John Doe not Doe Family), and on your RSVP card begin with 2 Seats have been reserved in your honor.

• Options
    You aren't sending your invitations out now, are you?  It's a little early to be sending them. 

• Options
    Nope.  Not rude.  We have a Number Attending:  ____ of 2 (or 3 or whatever) on ours.  We also made sure the invitations are addressed only to the people who are actually invited.
  • Options
    levioosa said:
    You aren't sending your invitations out now, are you?  It's a little early to be sending them.
    Early to be sending, yes, but early to be filling them out, stuffing envelopes, and stamping them - not really - September really isn't THAT far away!!!
  • Options
    MesmrEwe said:
    levioosa said:
    Early to be sending, yes, but early to be filling them out, stuffing envelopes, and stamping them - not really - September really isn't THAT far away!!!
    I agree.  The wedding is Sept 6th so if the OP sends out her invites 2 months prior that is July 6th.  And since it seems like she is still working on wording for some aspects of the invite she is still in the process of ordering them, so yeah, not really all that early.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards