Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday

Re: Tuesday

• Options
    jenjen047 said:

quick question for everyone..... i used to live in NC but moved back to MA in may 2014. i went back to NC for a visit in sept 2014. since then i have one close friend, we will call her B, who has talked about coming up to boston for a visit but hasnt done anything about it. all winter B kept saying ill come when its warm. well....its june 9 and no plans have been made. personally i know how hard it is coordinating schedules (right now i have 4 weekends left before labor day that i dont have plans) so i feel like before we know it, summer will be over. she will casually mention "oh i need to plan a trip" but never actually does anything about it. for instance a few weeks ago she said she misses me and i said we should arrange a visit in boston. she said she thinks shes free june 13 weekend. i said me too, you should book a flight! i even checked prices quickly and told her they were pretty low actually. she said ok ill think about it......then never brought it up again. what do i do? i dont feel like i should have to beg my friend to come see me.....but on the other hand i want to understand what the deal is.

It's really annoying when friends do that. DH has had the same issue with two of his friends. They say they are going to come out to visit, but then never get around to actually making plans. Who knows if there is an underlying reason (maybe your friend doesn't have the money? Or the vacation time?) but regardless, there really isn't much you can do about it. You could try one more time saying 'my summer is filling up quick, I have these four weekends open right now. So let me know if you can make it up here one of these weekends.' and leave it at that.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @eilis1228 I promise I will!!
  • Options
    @jenjen047 I agree with PP- you definitely seem interested in having your friend visit since you even checked airline prices for her. If she doesn't make a move then there's really nothing you can do about it- it's on her.

• Options
    @eilis1228 he got a Mazda CX-5

Anniversary

• Options
    thanks ladies. im so frustrated i want to talk to her and just find out what is going on, but i also dont feel like i should have to go that far. she was like this even when i lived in NC like she would never want to come to my house she would always want me to go to hers (we lived 15 min apart) so i dont think there is anything malicious behind it, or that she doesnt want to see me.

as for going to visit her...i dont want to do that bc i dont want to set the precedent that i always fly to see her. that doesnt seem fair.
  • Options
    @Eilis1228 We were supposed to go to Martha's Vineyard for the day, however it is a Sunday so the traffic from the Cape is a NIGHTMARE. So we looked into leaving from another place, and it was going to be $85 a person and my mom is currently unemployed so we can't justify that. So we are currently thinking about either taking a ferry to P-Town (Provincetown) or going to Newport, RI for the day. 
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @jenjen047 I'm totally guilty of that always lol. My BFF is in Pennsylvania and I'm in Florida. I mean to make it up there but things come up like money and job commitments. Since I do have family there I do make a better effort than my friend who lives in Houston cause I dunno can't explain it. So your friend might not totally be flighty!

Guys I just found a Facebook convo where I left my pants at my BFF's house. Lol. Good times.

I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    Any book suggestions for my upcoming trip to st Lucia? I prefer actual books rather than kindle/book books for the actual beach...
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options

Hello ladies!

Lots going on in NEY land apparently.

I've really got nothing new to report. It's a billion degrees outside for the third day in a row. Yesterday all I could manage to do was cook some tacos and then sit on the couch and eat a billion otter pops. I went to Walgreens yesterday and bought four other brands of otter pop-type popsicles, one of which is Warheads and they're supposed to be sour! Hopefully some of them will be frozen when I get home!

I've been leaving my dog in his crate with the ac unit on because he was getting so worn out being outside. And it's too hot to take him for his lunchtime walks because the pavement is so warm. I just feel like an absolute bum and can't wait for it to cool down a little so I can start accomplishing things again.

• Options
    @Blue&White - What kinds of books do you like?  Fiction?  Non-fiction?  Subject matter?
  • Options
    @futuremrshistorian I read mostly fiction. I'm also into wwii historical fiction. I'm reading rooms by Lauren Oliver currently. I think something with a little mystery would be good for the beach but I'll be there for like 9 days so may need a few books haha
  • Options
    @Blue&White If you haven't already, All the Light We Cannot See and The Nightingale are supposed to be really great WWII fiction. All the Light We Cannot See won the Pulitzer. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @alpacina I got a cooling mat for Callie and have been leaving it in her crate. I had looked into the cooling bandannas, but they scared me too much (have a gel or beads in them and I could see her ripping it up).  She loves the mat and it seems to be helping her a lot.  -- as for the warhead pops, my brother loves them, I had a cherry one and didn't like it at all. 
  • Options
    Any book suggestions for my upcoming trip to st Lucia? I prefer actual books rather than kindle/book books for the actual beach...

I just finished reading Thirteen Reasons Why and really enjoyed it. It's about suicide though so I'm not sure it's a great vacation book.

If you are thinking mystery, I enjoy Kathy Reichs. And the Pretty Little Liar Series was fun and easy if you haven't read them.

• Options
    @Blue&White - I love the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum novels for mystery...totally screwball, but hilarious.  I've been reading Outlander, which I also love (and they're long, so you could carry fewer books--plus, they have a World War II connection).  Carl Hiassen also has fantastic mysteries that are sort of beachy-themed.  Chris Moore's books are also great fun reads, and I think they'd be good for the beach (especially Fluke and Island of the Sequined Love Nun).
  • Options
    @bethsmiles we apparently read the same books cause I've read most of those (didn't finish pretty little liars series but read a few- I loved the perfectionists -until the end -by the same author though)
  • Options
    @Blue & White - I don't think I read all the PLL books either, I got close to the end though. Maybe I'll pick up her other series, sometimes I like reading books where I don't have to think too much.

• Options
    @bethsmiles. Yea the perfectionists was a good start. I don't remember if the second book is out yet or not. Beware there is a huge cliffhanger lol
  • Options
    cu97tiger said:
    @swazzle - DAYUM girl. I can't run 1.3 miles in 14 minutes... you were flying! No wonder you wanted to die ;) I loved your collage idea. I might (ok, I'm definitely going to) steal it next week when DH and I hit 7 years.

I have a massage scheduled for this afternoon. I'm going to try to go regularly (every 3-4 weeks) to avoid that whole hamstring/knee debacle I spent 6 months rehabbing. I know other people love massages, but I don't. It's more something I tolerate than enjoy. But if it helps me stay healthy, it's worth it.
    *thump* Thank you. *thump* Thank you. **SHUDDER** hhahahahaha
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    someone (i think @speakeasy14 or @futuremrshistorian? could be horribly off base) mentioned a book called There's Cake In My Future. totally my kinda book...i got it from the library but havent started it yet. looks like a total beach read!
  • Options
    jenjen047 said:
    someone (i think @speakeasy14 or @futuremrshistorian? could be horribly off base) mentioned a book called There's Cake In My Future. totally my kinda book...i got it from the library but havent started it yet. looks like a total beach read!
    Not me, but I may need to add this to my list.
  • Options
    @jenjen047 I hate it when people do that! I have a friend that lives only 45 minutes from me, and she is SO flaky and always tries to make plans but never follows through. So frustrating!

I also liked the Thirteen Reasons Why book! A sad story line but it was a good read. I just finished Big Little Lies and The Husband's Secret by Liane Moriarty. I liked those too, looking for a new one!

Teenagers are the WORST at the end of the school year! Most of mine are exempt from the final exam, so I just have to deal with them until the end of the year rather than being able to review for the final. 7 more days!!!
  • Options
    Dignity100Dignity100 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited June 2015
    @AlPacina & @Speakeasy14 - I have a few friends who recommend these cooling coats for their dogs: www.horseworks.com/inc/sdetail/181  I am thinking about ordering one for both of my dogs (especially Nessie) .  It does not help for hot pavement (obviously) though.

EDIT: fixing link

Anniversary
  • Options
    AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    Thanks @Dignity100! The link didn't work but I think I found what you were trying to post.

I'm super lucky that I live close enough to work to drive home at lunch. I mostly hate to leave him in his crate the entire day, so it seems to be working to have him outside in his dog run for the morning and then he can nap in the ac for the afternoon. I filled some femur bones with peanut butter and stuck them in the freezer so he's laying in the sun with his little doggie popsicle right now, happy as a clam. :)

• Options
    edited June 2015
    @beanbot2002 - Just wanted to let you know, there was an article you shared on your FB last night (I Pooped My Closet).  I could hardly finish reading it because I was laughing so hard I was crying.  I sent the link to H, and I could hear him cracking up across the house.  He came in (I was in the tub) and said, I feel so sorry for pregnant woman.  SHE LAID IN HER POOP.  You provided us with a good half hour's worth of entertainment.  

ETA:  The rest of the evening, H would try to work in "poopy poopy" and "plop" into our normal conversations.  OMG.
  • Options
    @dignity100 they look like the thunder jacket, I may have to get one for Callie.  It isn't even that hot yet and she has been panting like crazy. 

@cocobellaf and @beanbot2002 I think you need to share this article. 
  • Options
    We have a Thunder Shirt for our pups.  They love it.

@speakeasy14 - Enjoy!  LINK
  • Options
    @JenJen047 -That was me!  It's so funny!  A definite fantastic chick lit, takes no brain power to read it kind of book.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards