In short: Who do we tip? How much?
There's all sorts of mixed information about this on the internet and the etiquette board here always has it right, so I'm hoping y'all can help me so I make sure we are treating our vendors well!
- Church: Do we tip the officiant? Make a donation to the church? Both? How much do we tip or donate? We aren't members of the church but I know you are always supposed to at least donate!
- Our reception venue is fairly inclusive: catering, open bar, cake, linens, chairs, etc. In the contract, it says tip is already included in the price per head, so we weren't planning on tipping the venue.
- Photographer: She owns her own company. She shoots by herself but brings along an assistant to hold things, position us, etc. Do we tip her even if she owns her own company? Do we tip her assistant?
- Florist: Do you tip your florist?
- Band: We have a 12 piece band. One of the members is the company owner but the other 11 are not. I was thinking we should tip each member like $25-$30. Is that too little? The internet was ambiguous!
- Hair and Makeup: Tip each vendor 25-30%. Is that good?
- Transportation has a required 20% tip, so I figure that's what we need to tip.
- Valet: We pay the valet in the same check that we pay the venue (in which tip is included), but I presume we should also tip the valet on top of that, right? How much? 20% of the overall check?
Am I forgetting anything? Sorry for all of the questions, and thanks to anyone who took the time to read this!