Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tired Tuesday

edited June 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
Hey all!

I'm sleepy this morning. Last night I met up with a friend I haven't seen in over TEN YEARS because she's getting married at the same venue I did, at the end of August. Seeing her was so much fun, and of course I loved talking about little wedding details. I'm going to be selling her some decor items I have, and I can't wait to see how she decorates the space!

I didn't get home until close to 10pm, so by the time I got back I was already super tired. H procured cheese fries from a food truck and I had some while we watched Veep, and then we went to bed. The plan for today is to actually be more productive - gym after work then food shopping for a week's worth of HEALTHY foods. Then, I'll reward myself by catching up on The Bachelorette tonight. Sorry, H.

What's everyone else up to today?

ETA - Mini vent!!! At least 6 months before the wedding my uncle told me he wanted to give H and I $1000 towards our honeymoon. Awesome, right? Good thing we didn't depend on it (engaged ladies, take note!!!) because we never got it. Fast forward to the wedding and opening up all of our cards the next day.... nothing from him. He Gchatted me last night mentioning "I still owe you my gift! I left it in the hotel room and was going to give it to you after the wedding but I didn't see you back at the hotel... Can we meet up sometime soon?" I'm already anticipating going to meet up with him in the city to be told that he left the gift at home. I feel like he's been dangling it in front of me for the better part of the year and it's getting annoying. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Tired Tuesday

• Options
    @Hummingbird125 - Tired Tuesday is right... I am exhausted and a McGrumperson today.  Why doesn't your uncle just mail the stupid check?!?

@cu97tiger - Good luck at your interview!!!  Less than a week...  I know you'll blow them away.

Like I said earlier, I am tired and grumpy today.  I left the house early and got a latte, but that isn't even helping.  Stupid hormones.

I wanted to get my run in last night, but it kept raining and storming.  It doesn't look like I'll get to run tonight either (more rain).  I'm so disappointed!  I do have a massage scheduled for tomorrow, so I have that to look forward to instead.  And my housekeeper is coming today!  She found out yesterday that she's having a girl.  She already has 2 boys and this was a surprise baby.  I'm so excited for her!!!
  • Options
    Fingers crossed for your job interview @cu97tiger!

Today is my first day back to work since I left before the wedding. I have so much to catch up on. It's also Tired Tuesday for me too. Yesterday was going to be the first day in so long that I could actually sleep late and my cat ruined that for me. She kept coming in to the bedroom and crying and sitting on me. She missed us while we were gone and she's still being super needy! I can only imagine what she'll be like when we're gone next week for our HM for a week. 

I might go food shopping after work today if my parents don't come by- they're in the state for a couple more days. I need to get back to exercising this week too. 

• Options
    @Hummingbird125 UGH! I'm sorry that happened with your Uncle...it's good that you weren't depending on that though. DH's mom does this a lot to us...not necessarily with money but just with telling us she will do something for us and then never follows through. I've learned the hard way unfortunately.

@cu97tiger Sending all the good vibes for your interview next week!!!

@CocoBellaF Enjoy your massage!! I got one while I was at the beach...it was wonderful.

DH had to work last night so I put together our china cabinet and tidied up a bit around the house. I watched the Bachelorette and as much as I love how care-free Kaitlyn is...I just feel like she is a walking drama box. Every single episode she is upset about something and I'm just thinking...can she just have one episode where something doesn't go wrong?

I watched the movie Beautiful last night and I cried. I've seen this movie so many times and the ending really got to me this time. I don't know if it's because I'm having a daughter and it gave me all the feels or what lol.

The hospital was supposed to give me back my paperwork for Maternity leave yesterday and I totally forgot to go pick it up. I have to go by there at lunch time to retrieve that so I can send it out before July. Yesterday I signed up for my Birthing class in August. I'm so excited! This will be our last class before Callie arrives! I also started filling out pre-registration paperwork for the hospital....WHERE HAS TIME GONE!
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - How exciting!!!!  You're something like 2/3 there, right??  Have you toured the maternity wing?  Are you doing a birth plan or just going to wing it?  How is she the size of a lettuce already??
  • Options
    untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    @cu97tiger good luck on your interview!

@twodimes I've never been through anything like that, so I don't understand the complexities of just saying no, but that's exactly what I'd do. I don't like having my arm twisted. Sorry you're going through all of this though, it must be so stressful!

Morning everyone!
    Its Tired Tuesday for me as well, I'm still in bed actually lol. I've gotta shower and get my life together before I go to the library for the day. BTW I did inform my boss about that dude that keeps bugging me there, and right after that meeting I went to the library and GUESS WHO WAS THERE. I quickly went in another direction and found a table to work at but COME ON. I don't think he saw me so that's what matters.

ANYWAY, I was working last night and suddenly my shoulder started to hurt, and then gradually it got worse and worse. This morning I don't even have to move it to know it hurts, but I can't think of anything I did out of the ordinary to strain it or anything. I am gonna take an anti-inflammatory throughout the day and hopefully that will help.

And finally I get to see BF today!!!! We haven't seen each other since Thursday and I miss him. He's leaving for 10 days on the 26th and even though he does it every year (its Summer Nationals Fencing Tournament) I still hate to see him go for so long. At least this year I have a car now so I can go to the beach and stuff lol
  • Options
    Morning ladies!

I am dragging this morning as well.  I had a glass of wine last night before bed, which usually helps me sleep, but then I had the most bizarre dreams, so I kept waking up, thinking, "WTF?" and going back to sleep.

A quiet day for me here today.  I'm giving exams in my summer classes, so of course I'm on TK while watching them take their midterms.  Afterwords I need to go home and work on finishing up the furniture I started painting this weekend.  I had hoped to get it all done on Saturday, but, like @CocoBellaF mentioned in her post, it's been raining like crazy (again)...so, high humidity = paint not drying very quickly at all.  Still, it's going to be cute when it's finished.  I started work on a bookshelf and table this weekend.  Next I think I'm going to paint my kitchen cart.  I love it, but the colors do not match what I've chosen for the new apartment, so it's getting a fresh coat of paint.  My mom and I tried out a new primer that supposedly means you don't have to sand the finish off of things you're painting--it's working like a charm, and saving time in the process.

The other thing I'm working on today is the budget for my move.  Good grief moving across the country is expensive!  I'm down to less than 6 weeks left.  I still haven't found an apartment, which is stressful, but I'm hopeful that I'll be able to find something soon.  It's just so hard when I can't actually go to Savannah and look for things.

Also since I'm all excited about working on the plans for my move I have to share the EPIC DEAL I got yesterday.  I've been wanting new dishes for years, but I'm super picky and so couldn't decide on anything.  I finally decided on Fiesta ware, because I love the historical context and the colors, but it's pricey, so I was waiting for a sale someplace.  Kohl's came through this week: 5-piece sets were on sale for $29.99, plus they had a "Buy 5 and get a free set" in their ad.  Plus, I had a 20% off coupon and a $100 gift card some church people had gotten me for graduation.  So, I got 6 sets (dinner plate/salad plate/bowl/saucer/teacup) for total out of pocket cost of about $30.  They're sitting on top of all my other stuff ready to go to the new apartment...wherever that might be! 
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF I believe so! I'm almost at 3rd trimester...which totally blows my mind. We haven't toured the hospital yet. They have you pre-register and they give you a tour as part of the registration process. Then afterwards we finish up paperwork. I have a birth plan but it's flexible. The only thing I'm super adamant about is immediate skin to skin contact unless the baby needs emergency attention. I would prefer not use a vacuum or forceps if at all possible...and I think I'm going to go med free....I've thought about it A LOT and my mom went med-free for myself and my little sister and she has kind of boosted my confidence with it a little. We shall see.

I can plan and plan and plan but it all depends on what happens the day I deliver. The world could turn upside down and I'll be doing something 100% different than what I planned.
  • Options
    @TwoDimes - I really feel for you on the guest list drama! I hope you don't have too many more additions :-(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    @TwoDimes I would not be able to deal with your FILs. It's a tough choice whether to just say no and start drama or give in and allow it. I don't think I would allow it just because your FMIL is a total PITA and doesn't understand this stuff. 

• Options
    @southernpeach89 - I love your birth "plan" outlook! You have enough to worry about as it is, and I think it sounds really smart to have an idea of how you want your L&D to go, while totally understanding that many things will be out of your control. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi!! Today is hang out and go to band rehearsal day. I'm also going out to buy earbuds (we can't find any in our whole house lol) and a few actual books to read on the plane/at the beach.

We also have a $500 southwest credit we need to use before October lol. Any suggestions? We literally have like two available weekends (jul 24-26 or sept 18-19) between H's classes and my sisters wedding. Any suggestions? We've floated St. Louis (for baseball), Toronto/niagara, or Vegas lol. Random.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @Hummingbird125 That's a stinky situation with your Uncle! Hopefully he doesn't keep you waiting too much longer.

@cu97tiger Good Luck on your interview! You got this!

@SouthernPeach89 Baby Callie is getting so big! I bet getting all those things in line is so exciting! YAY NEY Babies!!

@TwoDimes That sucks! At least your FMIL offered to pay for their plates. I would want to tell them no too!

@untouchablets I hope your shoulder feels better!

Yesterday was busy at work and today is going to be busy too. Last night BF's mom came over for dinner and to give my my birthday present. It was a nice night. 

This weekend I am going with my cousin and her kids to see the Monster Trucks so I'm really looking forward to this week being over!!
    friends tv show funy
  • Options
    @Speakeasy14 The windows look great!!! I can't wait to see the finished product!
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - I'm not pregnant, but that's kind of what I expect my birth plan to look like!  There's so much you can't control, and even though I'm the type of person that would feel better having a detailed birth plan, it would just put unnecessary stress on the whole thing.  I have been looking into water births the past few months, though.  My OB/GYN is really great, so I would be interested to see what she thinks about water births.

@futuremrshistorian - I can't imagine trying to get paint to dry in this weather!  It is SO HUMID.  It feels like Houston.
  • Options
    @CocoBellaF A friend of mine had a water birth 3 months ago and everything went beautifully. She gave birth at home as well. I've heard good things about water births but giving birth at home definitely terrifies me. I would feel so much better being in the hospital but to each their own.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 - Me too!!!  Especially since it is your first baby.  :)
  • Options
    Oh!  Random post.  I made these cookies on Sunday and let them chill in the fridge until last night.  I baked them and then did the sea salt sprinkle as I brought them out of the oven.  H said they were the best cookies EVARRRRR.  My mom also said they were fabulous.  I brought a couple little ones to eat with lunch.  YUM.

LINK - Butter Pecan cookies
  • Options
    Thanks for all the well wishes!

I know it doesn't help you, @twodimes, but what we did on our RSVP cards was put:
    __ of __ will be attending

Then we filed in the second blank with the number of people that were invited. That way, it would be REALLY obvious to them that they were adding people if they put '3 of 2 will be attending'. Worked like a charm. Also, I think you should definitely confirm with the grandfather that it was his RSVP. You never know who might have been in FL for vacation and remembered they had the RSVP card in their purse.

@southernpeach89 - Holy cow your pregnancy is going fast. Callie will be here before we know it! I'm glad to hear that while you have a plan, you're also open-minded about changing your course of action.

@cocobellaf - My grandmother's favorite ice cream was butter pecan... I might have to try these just for that reason (or you could send me some... HINT HINT)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options
    @cu97tiger - I totally WOULD send you some, but I don't think they'd be as tasty after going through transit across the USA.  :(
  • Options
    @hummingbird125 Ugh, that's so annoying of your uncle. I'm glad you guys weren't counting on that money to pay for wedding things... very smart of you to plan as if you weren't going to have it. 

@cu97tiger Good luck with the interview! I know you'll kick butt!

@CocoBellaF Hope you can fit a workout in tonight, even if a run isn't possible!

@lavenderfields13 I know we talked about this before, but where did you guys decide for your HM? 

@southernpeach89 98 DAYS? OMG WE ARE IN DOUBLE DIGITS NOW! 

@TwoDimes Wow, your FMIL agreed to pay for their plates! That's amazing! I agree that it's ridiculous that you even have to discuss allowing uninvited people you've never met to come to your wedding, but it sounds like your FMIL offering to pay is maybe her way of showing that she's starting to understand etiquette? Maybe just a little?

@untouchablets I'm glad the creepy dude didn't see you yesterday!

@futuremrshistorian Holy amazing deal, Batman! That's amazing! 

@speakeasy14 Wow, the windows look fantastic!

@Blue&White I vote Vegas! It can be cheap or expensive of a vacation as you want... the hotels don't cost very much at all, and if you rent a car, you can explore the area (Hoover Dam, tons of museums, great restaurants off strip, etc).

@caseface5 Happy Belated Birthday!
    -------------------

Not too much to report on my end. Last night I went to the gym and lifted weights for the first time in 6 months. Pretty sure I'll be t-rexing it later today. :-P I plan to go back tonight and do a leg workout, so I should be immobile by tomorrow. 

Yesterday I finalized all of the details for my bridal portraits. They're scheduled for 9am on Sept 15. My first alterations appointment for my dress is July 18, so I've got to get my butt in gear fitness-wise (hence the strength training yesterday). I think I'm going to try and stay off the scale for the next month or two and focus on inches and how I look and feel. I need to break away from the idea that weight = progress/fitness/overall health. I know in my mind that weight is just a number, but it's hard to remember that when I'm trying to slim down. 

Tonight I'll go to the grocery store, work out, cook dinner, and get started on a knitting project. Tomorrow I WFH, which is always awesome. Having a day at home in the middle of the week helps make the work week less terrible. 

Hope you all have a wonderful Tuesday!

• Options
    @eilis1228 I just noticed that today too! (jaw dropped)
  • Options
    @EILIS1228 we're staying at Finest Playa Mujeres in Mexico. Can't wait!

• Options
    @keptinstiches I'm excited to find out what your H plans!

• Options

@cu97tiger - If you even have a sliver of a sense of humor you will love Book of Mormon. I'm so jealous! I have to wait until January to go see it again. ;) And good luck on your interview!

@CocoBellaF - Running in the rain is so refreshing! Running in storms, not so much.

@TwoDimes - Your dog woke you up at 4:20? She obviously wanted to wake and bake with you.

@Speakeasy14 - The rooms look so great! I can't wait to see them with carpet. And that is such a sweet idea, using the new house to trick them into a surprise party. Sneaky. ;)

-------------------------------------------------------

I took yesterday off from NEY to get some serious report writing done. I would say I am about 50% done with the four reports that are "due" by June 30. I'm taking tomorrow off, so I need to get my butt in gear and make some serious progress today. But, because I'm taking tomorrow off, it feels like Friday, so I don't want to do anything.

I'm excited for tomorrow! My family is at a beach house on the coast. It's not "beach weather". It's cool, and windy, and perfect for kite flying! I'm gonna take the dog and let him get as dirty as his little heart desires. It's been too freakin hot for him around here. I'm pretty sure he got heat exhaustion this weekend, poor guy. The cold weather will do him good.

My brother whose wife got him arrested and (wrongly) convicted of assault is officially getting a divorce. He moved out into his own place. And to top it all off, he went to my little sister's graduation and is staying at the beach house for most of the week. I kind of want to hate him for being such a terrible person toward my family the last few years, but I know how bad relationships can turn you into a different person. I think I really just want my brother back, and I'm hoping we can connect some while we're hanging out. I'll forgive him because it's so much easier than continuing to hate him.

• Options
    labro said:
    @CocoBellaF A friend of mine had a water birth 3 months ago and everything went beautifully. She gave birth at home as well. I've heard good things about water births but giving birth at home definitely terrifies me. I would feel so much better being in the hospital but to each their own.
    Did your friend have a little scoop for her poop? ;)

@TwoDimes I really really really REALLY think you and your FI (especially your FI) need to put your foot down on this. This is NOT right AT ALL. I don't trust her to pay for the plates and regardless, it's wrong. I'm with @speakeasy14. You and your FI need to have a strategy and then go to her and not allow her to walk all over you. Or your FI does at least. This is his mom. I just don't think it's very fair that they are getting to make these demands and changes and they aren't the ones paying or hosting or any of that. I get how important it is to maintain a good relationship with your FMIL, but the boundaries you are setting now are going to be with you for a long long time. Is this how you want your marriage to be whenever she steps in? This all comes from my heart, because I really love you!
    QFT.

*******************************************************************************************

• Options

@cu97tiger Yay Kennedy Center and yay Book of Mormon, going to see it in NYC as H's anniversary gift early August.  Can't wait! Good luck at the interview

@southernpeach89 yay for less than 100 days!!

Work has been a bit crazy this morning, but I love it.  My weekend was perfect and amazing. I just wish I had more time off.  On Friday H went out with friends for a guys' night. So I got a quiet house to study in.  Saturday we went to H's family for a BBQ.  We told his grandma and aunts and uncles who were there about the baby.  Most were convinced it was a girl, but everyone is really excited. 

Saturday we went down to Atlantic City.  We had a nice room and a king sized bed which is awesome.  Sunday we did an awesome brunch buffet and I ate a ton of awesome food. The crepes were amazing to say the least.  Then we walked the boardwalk did some gambling, we did room service for dinner that night.  Sunday we exchanged gifts. I got H tickets in August to Book of Mormon on Broadway. H got me tickets the following weeekend to see An American in Paris on Broadway!! I'm so excited.  I love that movie!

We got home yesterday late afternoon, just caught up on GOT and I got to study too.  I already want the weekend to be here just to have more sleeping time.  Luckily the week is pretty slow and I can focus a ton on studying.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards