Not Engaged Yet

Thursday - $10 Woman

On Wednesday, U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said a woman will be featured on a redesigned $10 bill in 2020 -- the 100th anniversary of the Constitution's 19th Amendment, which gave women the right to vote. (LINK to article)

Have you seen this?  

Poor baby Cricket.  She is really congested and coughing and snorting.  I'm going to call the vet today to see if I can get her in this afternoon.  I gave her a little bit of Benadryl in case it's allergies.  :(

Also, what the heck happened in Charleston???  What an awful, awful thing.

We are still getting rain from Bill, but thankfully flooding isn't too out of control...  at least not where I'm at.  People further south are getting slammed and flooded out of their homes.  GO AWAY BILL, YOU'RE DRUNK.

Re: Thursday - $10 Woman

• I think some of the women being talked about for the new $10 bill are Rosa Parks, Eleanor Roosevelt, Harriett Tubman, Wilma Mankiller, Susan B. Anthony...  Who would you vote for?

@Hummingbird125, I think I'm going to need a bacon/egg/cheese, too.
  • I heard about the $10 bill on the radio this morning! I think it's awesome. I'm curious to hear who you guys think they should select. 

I also heard about the Charleston shooting on the radio. That is so sad and senseless and this world we live in just gets shittier and shittier. 

Today is H's 30th so we're going out to dinner tonight (depending on how late he gets stuck at work, that is). He hasn't decided where he wants to go just yet but I'm hoping he wants the Japanese/sushi restaurant. We decided not to gifts for each other (my birthday is next month) since technically our South Africa trip is for our birthdays. I still feel kinda bad that I don't have anything for him but a card. I like giving gifts. 

Last night we watched Sinister and it was so creepy! I jumped quite a few time and was scared to get off the couch in the dark living room when it ended. @GoldenPenguin's other BM recommended it to me because she knows I love scary movies so I have to rememer to thank her :) 

I started reading The Martian thanks to @hummingbird125 and I'm starting to really get into it! If work is quiet that's how I'm going to spend my day today. 

• @Swazzle - I like giving gifts, too.  We decided not to do gifts for our anniversary (4 years on 7/16!!) but I might still do something really small, like THIS: LINK or LINK  

Too schmooshy?

We are doing Hibachi for Father's Day this weekend... hopefully you get to go tonight!
  • @CocoBellaF - I think those are both so cute! I can never forget your anniversary because it's my birthday :) I don't know if it'd be possible, but if you could get the penny one but have it be from the year you were married. But I'm a total cheeseball like that! Also, I absolutely LOVE hibachi. I might need that in my life soon. 

• @Swazzle - That's what I was thinking.  Surely it wouldn't be hard to find a penny from 2011!! 
  • I heard about $10 bill thing I think it's pretty cool. 

Anniversary

• I literally just opened my eyes but the news is on now so eventually it'll get to the $10 but probably Charleston first. I have to say, I'm pretty stoked about getting a woman on money. It's about time.

I'm working until 7 today which is a bummer cause usually BF and I head to dinner at like 6:30 but since nobody works at my store anymore I have to cover a barista shift. Which means I will go to dinner in my work clothes smelling strongly of coffee and sugar. But on the plus side, I am not in charge today and I can just work, but on the down side I like being in charge lol.

Woke up to a friend request from my ex bf this morning.
     I'm neither accepting or denying, because this is not the first time I've denied him, its like the fifth at this point so his request is just gonna stay in my box and rot. It makes me so mad, like we broke up EIGHT YEARS AGO and he is married with kids now. Why bug me? We went through a bad break up after which a LOT of drama occurred all caused by him, and I just wanna exist without considering he also exists ya know? Because of him I didn't want to date ANYONE for two years before I met BF, so I guess I should thank him for ensuring I'd be single until I met the one lololol
  • That sounds like a lot of fun.  What baseball game, @cu97tiger?

We got Cricket in to see the vet at 5:30 today.  H will have to take her because I teach lessons this evening.  Hope it's just allergies or an URI and not that dreaded canine flu.  Pretty positive it's not heartworm (she was JUST tested for that) or kennel cough (she got the vaccine when she got spayed 2 weeks ago).  Poor baby girl.
  • @CocoBellaF I saw what happened in Charleston! It's absolutely awful!

@Hummingbird125 Aw you're such a good wife! He better be super thankful for you today!

@Swazzle Happy 30th birthday to your H! I hope you both have a fabulous dinner tonight together!

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited June 2015
    I am so out of the loop, I didn't hear anything about Charleston.  Guess I need to go check out the news.

I heard about the $10 bill the other day on the radio.  I guess the suggestion is a historical figure, but I think someone a little more modern would be better. I think it is awesome, and about time honestly.  As for who I think should go on it... Sandra Day O'Connor 

@cocobellaf I think those gifts are adorable! I always try to do something sweet like that.  I'm a complete sucker for sentimental gifts. I save all of our tickets and receipts from every date, vacation, and special occasion.  I also sometimes leave notes for my bf, who holds on to every one. Two years ago I bought a glass bottle and stuffed it with all those items.  Now it sits on an end table. 

@swazzle have fun at dinner.  Make your message in the card super sweet; cards are my favorite part.  And maybe mention something about your vacation and something you'd like to do to celebrate his birthday while there?
  • @jenjen047 - ZOMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG! How exciting!!!!!

• @jenjen047 I don't have any regrets, I'm definitely pretty angry though (I don't forgive easily). He messed me up, it took me a long time to heal, and I want nothing to do with him. No amount of nosiness will make me want him to know what I'm up to either lol. BTW THAT IS HUGE NEWS YOU SHARED OMG I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU AND YES YOU CAN BE EXCITED ITS OKAY JUST DON'T BE EXCITED AT HIM YOU GET MY DRIFT!!!

@labro I could block him but that would show acknowledgement that he exists. At least if I leave him in the friend request box I can ignore him completely. I'm not active on Facebook anyway. Idk, it makes sense to me lol
  • @untouchablets - that makes sense regarding your ex. also your reaction made me laugh.

@labro @swazzle - thankssssss!! time to strap on (tee hee hee now im picturing a strap on) my patience pants.
  • I honestly saw the $10 article on FB this morning and scrolled past it because for some reason I sleepily thought it was fake. I'm glad to learn it's real though!!

The situation in Charleston is so sad! 

I have been in a sour mood all week and I can't seem to get out of it. Everything seems to be going wrong and stressing me out. I really wish I could figure out how to get out of this little slump because it sucks! 

@jenjen047 YAY!!!! And good plan to not get too excited! LOL trust me on that one I know!! But I am totally squee-ing with you!!

friends tv show funy
  • @jenjen047 - Yeah!!!!  But keep in mind, it could be a setting for a mini-pony still. ;)  Seriously, that is excited news but don't forget to enjoy the moment.

@Swazzle - Happy birthday to your H!

@CocoBellaF - Hoping it isn't canine flu either!  Poor Cricket.  Love the anniversary ideas though.

@Hummingbird125 - Your H SHOULD be thanking you.  Wife of the year.  :)

@speakeasy14 - I "second" the O'Conner nomination.  

@cu97tiger - Yeah for 7 years!!!  I hope you have a great time at dinner.

-------------------------------------------------

I'm significantly less tired today, which is good because I need to read like 500 pages of UK legal crap today.  Ugh...thank goodness for coffee.  I'm also thankful the weekend is almost here.  I think there is an art fair this weekend I want to go to.  Our house has like no art but man, guys, art is so expensive.  We also have an amazing built in china cabinet in our house and we have nothing nice to fill it with.  I'd go shopping but we have so many unexpected house expenses that pop up (like a $4,000 assessment from the city we just got) so I can't really justify it...maybe I'll just go and browse.  ;)
  • @caseface5 - I'm sorry you are feeling down.  Can you treat yourself to something?  Spa perhaps?  A good soak in the tub even with a glass of wine followed by a good book?  Hugs. 

@Bethsmiles - Congrats to your BF's sister!  That is quite an accomplishment! 
  • @caseface5 - HUGS

@TwoDimes - Omg that's beautiful! 

• Still angry. Tired - got the report done around 1 a.m. I'd put Phillis Wheatley on the $10 bill. That's all I've got today.
  • @TwoDimes - Your venue is beautiful!

@CaseFace5 - *hugs* I'm sorry you're in a crappy mood.

• @minskat30 and @swazzle thank you.

BF's mom gave me some money for my birthday so I was thinking about maybe going to get a pedicure. I got a massage last week so I can't do that again. I don't know why I just can't seem to find happiness lately. I'm worrying all the time, sad, and just can't seem to get happy. Hopefully I can sort it all out soon because this sucks!
    friends tv show funy
  • @Eilis1228 Are you near Austin/San Antonio at all? I'm coming there in October!
    friends tv show funy
  • @caseface5 I'm a few hours away from there... when in October? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @eilis1228 - My mom had her test done on Monday and they said it would take about a week to get results. My mom has also decided that she wants to trade in her Subaru for a truck, hook up my parents trailer, and leave to somewhere, doesn't know where. She's decided her friends aren't good enough friends and there's some drama going on between her and my brother that I have no desire to get involved in so she wants to just pack up and leave. It's pretty much impossible to talk to her without her taking everything personally, overreacting, and ending up with her screaming at you so I'm just not saying anything.

Also I totally agree with you about replacing Andrew Jackson vs. Hamilton.

• @bethsmiles Oh geez. That's a lot to take in. I'm sorry talking to her is so stressful. :( I really hope that the tests at least come back with good news.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards