Chit Chat
Options

WooHoo SCOTUS

Way to go.   Gay couples have a right to marry country wide.

It's awesome.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: WooHoo SCOTUS

• Options
    FI had the news on when I woke up, so that was the first thing I heard this morning (besides the alarm). YAY!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay SCOTUS!  
  • Options
    YES! So glad to hear this fantastic news!!!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    I'm crying at my desk right now. This is so wonderful!
  • Options
    Today is indeed historic. 

The full opinion is here if anyone else is as big of a nerd as I am. 
  • Options

SCALIA'S DISSENT IS SO ANGRY AND I'M LAUGHING

SUCK IT, JERK

Did you see his dissent in the ACA opinion yesterday? 

He called it SCOTUScare. He's so mad!
  • Options
    YAY!!!! 

On a related note, have you seen the new Tylenol campaign? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/12/tylenol-how-we-family-commercial-_n_7561768.html

Probably one of the only commercials ever to actually bring tears to my eyes. I loved it. And I love that such a huge company has come out with a campaign like this, because it's usually huge companies that signify social change. (Look at Amazon, Walmart and Sears banning the sale of confederate flags BEFORE SC removed the flag, which is still in debate) 

• Options
    YAY!!!! 

On a related note, have you seen the new Tylenol campaign? http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/12/tylenol-how-we-family-commercial-_n_7561768.html

Probably one of the only commercials ever to actually bring tears to my eyes. I loved it. And I love that such a huge company has come out with a campaign like this, because it's usually huge companies that signify social change. (Look at Amazon, Walmart and Sears banning the sale of confederate flags BEFORE SC removed the flag, which is still in debate) 

Yeah, it's a good one.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I can't imagine how the LGBT community must feel today because I was never ever denied the right to marry the person of my choice and to be able to collect benefits only available to spouses.  I really do have a huge lump in my throat right now.  To be denied the most basic human need because of your orientation has been tragic.  I just wish so many hugs and big love to all of you who have had to wait for this to be legally married to the one you love.
  • Options

SCALIA'S DISSENT IS SO ANGRY AND I'M LAUGHING

SUCK IT, JERK

Did you see his dissent in the ACA opinion yesterday? 

He called it SCOTUScare. He's so mad!
    He's mad and it's hilarious.

But...I kind of think SCOTUScare is a good nickname for it. YAY SCOTUS! YAY HEALTHCARE! He's so mad he might not know what he's even saying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Yay I'm so excited!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    It's about time! 

• Options
    KatWAG said:

Anyone else wonder where HolyGauc is today?

Kristan, come out and play!
    Amor vincet omnia.... par liones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/06/26/supreme_court_legalizes_gay_marriage_here_is_the_beautiful_last_paragraph.html

The last paragraph really was lovely:

"No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization's oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right."

Teary
    I shared a photo of this quote on the Gay Weddings board!  What a beautiful sentiment and definition of marriage! xo
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

Anyone else wonder where HolyGauc is today?

Praying for my hell bound soul probably.

Meanwhile, every stat I go to I can LEGALLY call my wife MY FUCKING WIFE.
    I LOVE this!  Yay!!!

• Options
    Such happy news to wake up to!  That last paragraph of the opinion is wonderful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    chloe97 said:
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/06/26/supreme_court_legalizes_gay_marriage_here_is_the_beautiful_last_paragraph.html

The last paragraph really was lovely:

"No union is more profound than marriage, for it embodies the highest ideals of love, fidelity, devotion, sacrifice, and family. In forming a marital union, two people become something greater than once they were. As some of the petitioners in these cases demonstrate, marriage embodies a love that may endure even past death. It would misunderstand these men and women to say they disrespect the idea of marriage. Their plea is that they do respect it, respect it so deeply that they seek to find its fulfillment for themselves. Their hope is not to be condemned to live in loneliness, excluded from one of civilization's oldest institutions. They ask for equal dignity in the eyes of the law. The Constitution grants them that right."

Teary
    Boxes?

Our officiant has been asking for our last reading for a month. I kept putting him off in hopes that this ruling would good and have a passage that would be appropriate.And then I read this, started crying and knew we had found it!

Such a great day! I am so proud of our country today!

As soon as I read this I knew it was destined to be read at many a wedding.

• Options

• Options
    I'm so excited about this for everyone over there in the States.

Then there's this, which is hilarious:

People don't understand Canada very well.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    I'm so excited about this for everyone over there in the States.

Then there's this, which is hilarious:

People don't understand Canada very well.
    Dear Canadians,

I will be forever grateful if you will take these stupid Americans off our hands. They are in for a big surprise, aren't they?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards